One

Remember Our Love

Chapter 1

 

She waited and waited, hoping that the groom would show up. Every time the doorknob turned, she immediately stood up from her chair only to find disappointing news.

            “He’ll come.” She told her maid of honor, Min. “I know he will. He would never forget an important day like this.” She squeezed both of her hands together.

Minutes passed, and so did hours, but she still waited.

Fei waited even when all of the guests were gone. She waited even when it was raining. She waited until midnight for him to show up but still no sign.

Her best friends were beside her, hugging her, trying to find every possible way to comfort the poor bride.

            “That jerk.” Min began. “How could he do this?” She rubbed her friend’s back.

She couldn’t believe what was happening. Was this all a bad dream? Her tears kept falling and falling but even though they were falling, she still had some hope for him.

            “No, he’s going to come, Min. He’s just running late.” She nodded her head, wiping away her tears. “He’ll come.”

            “Fei, you need to go home. It’s late right now. You need to rest” Chansung said. He was worried about her. He couldn’t stand seeing his friend like this.

            “I’m not going home. I’m going to see him ” She stood up, carried her dress, and started to run. She heard her friends’ voices screaming after her but she ignored them, still running. She kept running until she heard tires screech. She froze and saw something bright coming towards her.

~o~

One.

Two.

Three.

That’s how long a person’s life can change in a matter of seconds.

She laid there, motionless, lifeless, like all the life in her had been drained out of her. Her eyes were barely opened, her ears ringing, and her body completely numb and cold. The only thought that ran through her mind was what just happened. A face suddenly appeared before her, she couldn’t recognize the person. He was yelling and shaking her but everything around her started turning black. Her eyes were heavy and started to close. That was when she completely fell unconscious. 


My tears are not stopping. You can't, can't, can't get farther away. Don't run away, don't turn away from me, please.

-배수지 Suzy - I Still Love You