Chapter 2

Victim of Love

 

“I'm Kangin, nice to meet you.” He said forcefully as he bowed.

After Jungsu had introduced himself, Kangin had realised he was staring hard at him, which the other man couldn't take as a good sign at all because Kangin was good at intimidating people (even when he didn't mean to).

“What a peculiar name,” Jungsu chuckled lightly, “I like it!”

Wow, who are you to judge a person's name?

“Thank you, my mother chose it.”

That was a lie. Kangin's name wasn't really Kangin, it was the codename he used when he was working.

Some co-workers (Kyuhyun in particular) claimed that it was stupid going on an undercover mission using the same codename he used at work, that way he could easily be identified, but Kangin was not going to spend precious time trying to come up with a fake name he would only be using once.

“Well, if you ever need anything,” Jungsu said, “you can always come over. I will more than gladly help you out!”

“Thank you.” Kangin said before watching Jungsu walk away. He had decided he'd stay on the porch only to have an excuse to keep his eyes on the pretty neighbour, but his cell phone rang, so he had no choice but answer it. Inside.

 

Great.

 

He looked at the screen, hidden number. He prepared himself for what was coming.

“What?”

“A simple hello would have been fine, you know.”

“What do you want, Kyuhyun?” Kangin heard another voice buzzing something incomprehensible at Kyuhyun. “...Is that Donghae?”

“YES IT'S ME DONGHAE WOW HOW DID YOU KNOW ANYWAY CAN YOU HEAR ME THE BOSS WANTS TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE SETTLED DOWN YET”

Kangin grunted, he hated how his boss always had to know everything.

“Tell him if he's so worried about me he can call me personally next time.”

“No can do, hyung,” It was Kyuhyun's voice again, “anyway, I called because your fake work application has been sent and processed and you need to meet up to an interview to get a fake job.”

“Oh great, I'd die of boredom if I had to spend all day long in this empty house.” Kangin lied, he would actually not mind spending all day in his new house, it was huge and he could do research and try locating Leeteuk with no distractions whatsoever.

“I doubt you would,” Kyuhyun sighed, “We all know you would spend every single second in that house, people in town would probably get suspicious.”

Kangin was about to say something when Kyuhyun interrupted him, “Plus, socialising will most probable help you locate Leeteuk easier.”

“It's not like I need any help with that, I've been studying him for years.”

“Correction; You've read his file for years.”

Kangin wanted to shove two middle fingers down the younger man's throat.

“Whatever,” He sighed, “Where is it I have to work?”

Silence. And then a giggle (probably Donghae's). And then silence again.

This cannot be good.

 

 

Oh boy, was he right.

As Kangin stared wide-eyed at the “Salon Scissors” logo, he took the liberty to curse every single human being, in particular Cho Kyuhyun, who came up with this foolish idea, and his boss, for agreeing to do it.

Apparently, the undercover story of him being a rich businessman wanting to transform this small town to a tourist attraction could be too risky, so they had decided to change everything.

Now Kangin was a man who had inherited money from some random distant relatives and had spent it all on that one house, and he was going to work in a hair salon. Now he truly was ed.

The worst part was that he was going to be the janitor. He was going to be the janitor on a hair salon! Could this get any worse?

He tried not to seem shameful when he walked in and met a pair of round eyes on the counter.

“Hello and welcome to Salon Scissors, what can we help you with? A haircut? Extensions? Have you perhaps an appointment?”

Wow, this guy's really dry, I might just fit in here.

“Ah no, I am here on an interview. I'm supposed to talk with a Kim Kibum.”

The guy behind the counter nodded his head slowly, “So... you're the new janitor? You might actually come in handy, perhaps you'll attract some costume-”

“Heechul!” Kangin heard a voice cry out.

He turned his attention to a tan figure who was viciously eyeing the guy on the counter before looking at Kangin and flashing a bright smile.

Wow, killer smile.

“Hello, I'm the man you're looking for, my name's Kim Kibum.”

“I'm Kangin.”

“Why don't you step into my office so we can do this in a more quiet place where we hopefully won't be disturbed?” Kibum suggested as he made his way to a room at the end of the hair salon.

As soon as both of the males had taken seats, Kibum spoke.

“Firstly, I'd like to apologise for my employee's rudeness, talking is his favourite pastime activity.”

“Don't worry, whatever he said, I took it as a compliment.”

“Good, now then, I am very pleased that you decided to apply for this job. To be honest, we haven't had a janitor in two years now, mainly because there is nobody who wants such a demeaning job, but we need someone who can clean while we're working, it can become hectic, after all.”

“I understand fully, trust me when I say that cleaning is what I enjoy doing the most.”

After killing my boss who will pay for this, obviously.

“I'm glad to hear,” Kibum laughed, “well, since there are no other applicants and you enjoy cleaning, you are hired!”

 

Wow~, thank you to everyone who is reading this and comments ;; you motivate me and make me so happy  ♥♥