Chapter 6

Victim of Love

"So basically..." Kyuhyun said slowly through the phone, "you've made yourself a boyfriend. Well, that's just great! It's exactly what you needed, the boss will be so thrilled!"

"Please stop that, I know I screwed up but it's not like this will take my focus away from the mission."

"Sure."

"Hey, show some respect."

"...Fine, hyung, listen up. I won't tell the boss about the romance part of your story, but if you mess up again I will have to do it."

"Yeah, I get it, thanks." Kangin said as he grabbed the alarm clock sitting next to the house phone he never used, ", I gotta get ready for work, bye!"


 

Last night had been a mess.

After being kissed by Jungsu, which was totally unexpected and he wondered if it all had been a dream, he had automatically walked home where his feet had led him to the refrigerator. He found some alcohol which he had drunk as he sat on the couch where he eventually had fallen asleep.

He had woken up with pains all over his body, but had soon after grabbed his phone to tell Kyuhyun about yesterday's incidents. He was specially concerned about why The Raven members had interfered with his mission, they normally worked with (or against) criminals or large organisations which were threats for the business they all lived for.

Kangin glanced at the clock once again before rapidly leaving his house, if he wanted to get something out of working on a hair salon then it could be getting some information from the hairdressers who worked there.


 

"You look awful."

"Gee, thanks."

"I mean it," Heechul said as he followed Kangin inside, "you work in the fanciest hair salon in town, at least take care of your hair!"

"I don't have time for that."

"But you obviously have got time to date Park Jungsu."

Kangin froze in his steps and turned around to look at the other male, "Ho-"

"What? So you are gay?!" Ryeowook exclaimed, "I really didn't know."

Kangin chose to ignore the little guy and faced Heechul instead, "Two questions: One, how do you know what I was doing yesterday? And two, how do you know Jungsu?"

"I'll tell you everything, but come to my chair; I need to fix that horrible hair of yours."

Heechul took Kangin by the arm and led him to his small workplace on the salon. He made Kangin take a seat and sprayed water on his hair as he explained, "I saw you two yesterday, you took a bite of his ice cream."

"Okay... and how do you know Jungsu?"

"Everybody knows everyone around here! Hello, we only have like 6.000 inhabitants here."

"7.653." Kibum corrected as he walked by, adding a "good morning" when Kangin glanced at him.

"Thank you," Heechul said flatly and started cutting some of the hair at Kangin's backhead, "Anyway, if I were you I'd be more secretive if you don't want  people to notice you, you stick out like a sore thumb."

"I'll keep that in mind." Kangin said as he stared at Heechul through the mirror. He observed Heechul and how he moved, his eyes were focused on Kangin's hair, his long fingers doing quick movements with a small scissor. 

He couldn't possibly be an undercover agent or assassin like Leeteuk, he was too good of a hairdresser, and he didn't seem to avoid him anymore.

When he had first arrived, Heechul had seemed kind of dry, and he didn't seem overly fond of the idea of having him here, but after the first day had passed, Heechul had chatted more and more with him, to the point where Kangin just knew he couldn't be Leeteuk.

Which led him to wonder about the rest of his co-workers.

Donghee was too talkative to be a spy of any sort, but there was something about him which bothered him, he seemed to know exactly what to say at any given moment, as if he had practised his character a little too well.

Ryeowook was a little weirdo, he never took his eyes away from his cell phone, except when he was working with a customer. Kangin felt really tempted to know who Ryeowook was texting, and exactly what his small and delicate fingers were typing. He doubted it was, but what if he sold someone information about his moves.

Kibum was the trickiest one. Kangin didn't know anything about him, except for the fact that he shows up at work and then vanishes again. You would think there's something fishy about that kind of behaviour, but for all he knew Kibum was the kind of boss who did whatever pleased him, and he doubted Leeteuk would be into portraying the head of a hair salon.

 

"Done!" Kangin heard Heechul cheer.

He looked at his own reflection on the mirror and grunted when he spotted Donghee and Ryeowook scooting over to the pair of them. He looked back at himself and didn't see much of a difference, he was glad he didn't have to pay.

"Wow! You look really good!" Ryeowook said and snapped a picture with his phone.

"Hey, no pictures please."

"What are you? A celebrity?" Donghee laughed as he high-fived Heechul.

I'm someone who is capable of killing all of you within three minutes, be glad I need your sorry asses for my mission.

"Oh, for the love of-," Kangin heard Kibum whine, "All of you, get to work already. We're opening now."

And just like that Donghee went back to his own station, Ryeowook went to the front to take care of any costumers who'd walk in, Kibum vanished to the small room in the back (hopefully to make some phone calls, Kangin thought), and Heechul chased Kangin away from his station.

Kangin went over to Ryeowook who was making doodles in the reservations notebook, and noticed the boy was drawing hearts and balloons of all shapes and sizes.

"Hey, this is really neat stuff." Kangin said, he noticed how Ryeowook put extra details in each doodle he made, his hand seemed to be made for drawing, "do you like drawing?"

"It's all right," Ryeowook shrugged, "I actually want to sing for a living."

Kangin wanted to laugh at the thought of this particular boy singing, he couldn't imagine him having anything else other than a high-pitched voice and a passion for his cell phone.

"I was wondering..." Kangin began, but someone walked inside and Kangin had to wait for Ryeowook to serve the customer first.

"Hi, neighbour!" He heard and somehow knew exactly who it was who had walked in.

"Choi Siwon," Kangin replied, eyeing the man he trusted the least at the moment, "what are you doing here?"

"I'm getting a haircut." He replied enthusiastically, smiling to Ryeowook and telling him he only wanted "the usual". Whatever "the usual" was, Kangin did not like it.

"I'll be taking care of Siwon now," Ryeowook said to Kangin as he led Siwon into the salon, "Please get Donghee-hyung to stand here for now."

 

"Do you like working here?" Donghee asked after having made a phone call to a customer who hadn't showed up for her appointment.

"Yeah!" Kangin lied, he hated the place. He noticed Donghee was about to say something, so he cut him off by continuing, "Although I wish I could help you guys out more, it seems as if you're a little short on hairdressers and I can definitely help you guys out by standing here as you do your job."

Donghee stared at Kangin before laughing as loud as he could, “Wait, wait wait. What's this?” Donghee said between is choking laughter, “do you want a raise because I swear we don't get better paid here.”

"No, it's not that! I mean, I don't have anything against fixing, repairing or washing, but I like being able to receive people and making them comfortable, I could be your new receptionist!"

"Oh man, I really didn't take you for that kind of guy." Donghee laughed.

Kangin knew it was a bad idea to propose this, but the only way to get something out of this ty job would have to be if he could meet people and get information from them. If people like Choi Siwon entered this place, how many others would drop by to get something done? Surely someone had to know (or be) something about Leeteuk?

 

The rest of the day Kangin spent doing the same old, cleaning and repairing anything that was in the need for it (he was sure Salon Scissors wasn't the fanciest salon in town), but he tried as much as he could to meet customers and chat with them.

"Well then, I'll be leaving now." Kangin informed as he finished wiping the floor.

"Where to? Home?" Kibum asked, and Kangin couldn't help but to be surprised since he actually spoke to him.

"Yeah, it's not like I have much else to do."

"We're going to a karaoke club, don't you want to come?" Donghee proposed, "It'll only be us, no girls, no one outside work."

"I can show you my singing!" Ryeowook said, and actually looked away from his phone to look at Kangin.

"...I guess I can join you guys."

 

Please forgive me ;; I've been postponing this update so much, but in my defense it was partly because summer holidays = travelling = little to no internet access

Since I will be starting in school again soon, updates may (or may not) be coming slower than before, but I will definitely continue writing this. Hopefully it'll become better <3 I think we're getting there. 

Please do not hesitate to comment, they motivate me so much! Also, if you see any typos or want to suggest something you might want to se happening, don't be shy and comment below. ♥♥