Chapter 5

Victim of Love

Jungsu had been sitting on the stairs leading up to his house when Kangin had come to pick him up.

Oddly enough, Kangin could swear the man looked rather distant and somewhat discontent as he sat there, looking at nothing in particular and thinking of God-knows-what. That wasn't the type of person Kangin thought he was.

As soon as Kangin was close enough to the man, Jungsu caught him on sight and everything about him changed, his frown turned to the happiest smile and the sweetest dimples which Kangin still drooled over.

"Are you ready?" Kangin asked, determined to seem cooler than what he probably had made an impression of.

"Where are you taking me?"

Oh . "...Well, I don't actually know this town very well, so..."

"I see how it is," Jungsu laughed, "I'll be escorting you, then."


 

Kangin didn't understand how he had planned his outfit, his cheesy lines - everything but where the pair of them would be going. He had been so busy with looking at the details, he had forgotten about the big picture, and he clearly didn't know this town half as well as Jungsu knew it.

Jungsu led him to a walk through the entire neighbourhood, only to end up in the more crowded part of the small town where most of the shops (including Salon Scissors) were located. Kangin, who had free today because it was Saturday and for some strange reason nobody ever bothered getting a haircut in Saturdays, had free today, but he still wanted to stay as far away as possible from his workplace, just in case any of his co-workers lingered around.

So instead he firmly grabbed Jungsu's arm and went to the opposite direction, unsure of what lied ahead.

"Are we going to the park?" Jungsu asked as Kangin led them through the crowd of people.

"Sure." Kangin replied without looking at the other man, not really wanting to go to a park, but he doubted there was much else to do in this small town.


 

The park was more like a green field with trees than what Kangin would consider being a park. It was a large area with the occasional benches and kids throwing around frisbees and other toys, their mothers chatting with each other about whatever mothers talked about.

Kangin stared in awe at the scene before him. 

He wasn't used to seeing people enjoying life, hell - he wasn't even used to being around normal people with normal jobs and normal lives. 

"Are you okay?" He heard Jungsu ask him, and he nodded slowly.

"I'm fine, it's just... I have never seen anything like this..."

"C'mon, let's go get some ice cream!"


 

Jungsu jogged towards an ice cream booth and waited for Kangin to follow. As soon as Kangin had made his way to the man, Jungsu asked him what flavour he wanted.

"I'll just take vanilla."

Jungsu then asked for two cones, one with vanilla and another with espresso flavour, and Kangin wondered how in the world that tasted.

As they walked off, Kangin glanced at Jungsu's ice cream, wanting to (innocently) take a bite. Jungsu must have noticed this, because he giggled and gestured for Kangin to try a bit of his ice cream.

Kangin felt his body slightly heat up as he in disbelief took a bite of it. The taste was disappointing. It tasted old coffee beans, with a hint of chocolate, and Kangin made a mental note to never fall for the names of artificial flavours.

He did, however, make another mental note to meet Jungsu more often from now on, as long as it didn't interfere with his job, of course.


 

The pair of them walked side by side, with Jungsu telling about the people and places they passed in detail, and Kangin was eagerly listening, asking questions only to hear more of Jungsu's voice. Frankly, he didn't give a damn about this town and it's people.

They walked across the whole town, entering various shops and buying what Kangin would later see as souvenirs, key-chains and postcards in many sizes, and before they knew it, night had fallen.


 

"Tell me something I don't know." Kangin tried saying, but it came as a whisper instead, so he cleared his throat as low as he could so Jungsu wouldn't notice.

"It's Sunday tomorrow."

"No, I mean, tell me something about you. Besides, I already know it will be Sunday tomorrow."

"Aren't you going to church in the morning?"

"What? Why would I?"

"Your necklace... It's a cross." Jungsu said as he touched the jewellery which hanged loosely from Kangin's neck down to his chest, "I assumed you were a Christian."

"I'm not, I just use this as a reminder."

"Reminder for what?"

Kangin sighed, "The sacrifices I have made, am doing, and will do in the future are not in vain... They are necessary."

It looked as if Jungsu had dozens of questions after Kangin's answer, but he let it be and started walking off.

"I don't understand what that means," he started, "so I hope that in the future, you will tell me more."

Kangin looked at Jungsu who was walking away from him, knowing that he should follow him, but something bothered him. He looked down on the cold pavement, and couldn't grasp why Jungsu had avoided telling him about himself. Instead, he had turned the tables around and made Kangin tell something which was very personal.

It was almost as if Jungsu had done that intentionally. 

He turned around to look at the man but found nothing. He assumed Jungsu most have walked off, and with the darkness of the night, his sight was limited. Kangin slowly walked towards the same way they had used to get where he now was (he honestly didn't know where Jungsu had taken him, but he could swear he could smell the ocean), following what looked like Jungsu's footprints.

He looked down on his on shoes as he walked, and noticed they were wet too. Wherever Jungsu had taken him, it was clearly a humid place.

He walked the lonely streets, trying to get a glimpse of Jungsu, but with that speed, he doubted he'd see him until tomorrow. Or perhaps the day after tomorrow.


 

As Kangin walked, he heard some noises coming from ahead. Faint whispers, but as he walked closer, he could hear there were several people.

"Who are you?" He heard someone say, and sprinted over when he realised it was Jungsu's voice.

"Don't play dumb, you know what we're doing here." He heard an unknown voice say, and then another, "We're eliminating you."

By then, Kangin's heart was racing like it never had before, he ran as fast as he could, but the darkness seemed to blind him. Finally, after running long enough, he saw them.

Jungsu, cornered by several men dressed in black. By the wristband the men were wearing, Kangin could tell they were from the organisation The Raven. The members, known for their ninja-like skills and murderous lust, only attacked at night.

"Hey!" Kangin shouted, getting everyone's attention, but none were fast enough to react as Kangin took hold of one of them and threw him with all his force onto the cold and hard ground.

The other members of The Raven stared at him and realised who Kangin was, so more frightened than not, they all took their leave through the shadows of the night.

Kangin turned around to face Jungsu, who was staring at him in disbelief.

"Let's get you home." Kangin whispered.


 

"Listen, I..." Jungsu began, and it sounded as if he were trying to hold back a sob. They were standing outside Jungsu's house, just like they had early in the morning, but now they were both there because Kangin was more than afraid that The Raven would show up again.

He had initially invited Jungsu to stay at his home for the night, but Jungsu had politely declined and made it very clear that he wasn't afraid.

"Thank you for saving me." Jungsu finally said, looking a bit ashamed as he had his gaze fixed on his toes.

"It was nothing." Kangin answered, having a thousand questions but choosing to direct them at his own organisation instead of terrorising Jungsu with them, "good night, come to me if anything's up."

He turned around to walk away, but Jungsu called his name. He ce again to face the other man, who leapt to him and kissed him on the mouth.

A long, wet kiss mixed with tongue, teeth, lips and tastes and tingling sensations. 

Jungsu parted their lips after a while, sobbing onto Kangin's lips.

"Thank you." He said, and walked inside, leaving Kangin alone in the dark, wanting more.


--

It's been like a month since I've updated this ;; I have been busy with school and exams, but now I'm all done so I had the time to write this and get it off my chest.

I find it so sad how Kangin is so clueless, hehe. Hopefully I'll be able to update this soon, but there will be no promises because my summer holidays will be me going back and forth to Sweden and grandma's.

Anyway, thank you all for your kind comments, I love reading them. ♥♥