Chapter 4

Victim of Love

Kangin was exhausted, who knew working as a janitor for a bunch of hairdressers could be so stressfull?

Throughout his first day of work, he found out that a janitor does not only clean the floor, but they also run around fixing everything that is malfunctioning (or at least that's what they did at Salon Scissors).

He was walking back to his house slowly, the errands he had done had physically drained him, so he reminded himself to buy a bike as soon as possible. As he approached his home he noticed the silhouette of a man walking in front of him, a silhouette which looked rather familiar.

Could that be...

 

Kangin walked faster, trying to catch up with the man so he could be able to see if it truly were Jungsu. As he got closer, he told himself that he actually didn't have to feel that excited over some stranger who could interfere with his mission.

Once Kangin was walking right behind the man, Jungsu turned around - a look of surprise covering his face.

"Kangin, hey!" Jungsu cheered, "we seem to be bumping into each other a lot."

"Yeah," Kangin replied awkwardly, "so you're heading home, too?"

Jungsu nodded as a reply, making a pace where both he and Kangin walked in sync. The latter tried not to look so much at the other man, but stealing glances was so easy.

"Do you like your job?" Jungsu asked out of the blue.

"It's all right." Kangin said sheepishly, before proceeding to talking about how exhausting it was having to clean the other males' mess, and how they had gossiped about two older women during lunch, and how unbelievable his boss' tan was.

At all of this, Jungsu laughed, flashing those dimples that Kangin seemed to like so much.

 

The rest of the walk home was oddly quiet, one of the men would occasionally make a remark about how cool the weather was or what they were planning to eat for dinner, but Kangin sensed all of this small talk was quite unnecessary and awkward.

He couldn't help but ask random questions now and then, though. He had grown fond of Jungsu's extremely soothing voice.

 

"So here we part." Jungsu said, snapping Kangin back to reality.

He noticed they had reached his house, which was a great disappointment for his wish to hear more of Jungsu's voice. 

, what now? Kangin panicked. Should I play it cool? Or ask him if he wants to come inside? Say something along the lines of 'perhaps we could meet another day and, you know, hang out.'

"Well... bye?" 

Kangin mentally facepalmed at his own stupidity, but he could swear a flash of disappointment could be seen in Jungsu's face.

The latter bid his goodbyes and continued walking towards his own house. The sight of the lonely figure making his way home all by himself, made Kangin more or less pull himself together.

"Jungsu-ssi! Let's go out tomorrow!"

Jungsu turned around, the happiest smile splattered all over his face, "Let's!" he screamed back.

Kangin's heart was racing, but he made sure to wait and see where Jungsu lived so he could personally go visit him.

Once Jungsu had entered his home ( it was two houses away from Choi Siwon's), Kangin stepped inside his own house, letting out a cheer of victory as he took off his jacket.

He spread his entire body on the expensive couch, not caring about having to take off his shoes, and fished up his mobile phone from his pocket. He hadn't forgotten how tired he was, and making dinner didn't sound appetising at all, so he decided to play some games.

As he unlocked the phone's screen, he noticed he had a message.

"ing damnit." He said as he read the message whom he knew it was from.

He unwillingly dialed the only number he knew by heart and even more unwillingly waited for a reply.

Don't pick up, don't pick up, don't pick up, don't pick u- "Hey Kyuhyun!"

"Hyung, how was your first day?" Kyuhyun snickered, "did the other kids pick on you?"

"Just you wait 'till I get my claws on you, you'll make a very satisfying fur coat!"

The younger man only laughed, which caused Kangin to get even angrier.

"Be glad you're the boss' favourite toy, you know that's the only reason you've come this far!" 

"But hyung, you have to remember that I am in fact one of the brightest minds here, while you are, frankly put, not." Kyuhyun stated matter-of-factly, before resuming his cool, " anyway, how did it go?"

"Everything went as planned," Kangin informed him, "I now have a embarrassing job and annoying co-workers, but I still like them better than I like you."

Kyuhyun laughed.

"I still don't get how you dumbs expect me to be able to find Leeteuk if I have to work in this hair salon, it may not seem like it - but it's exhausting!"

"We trust you, don't underestimate yourself," Kyuhyun said, "Donghae says hi, by the way."

Kangin was left dumbfounded looking at his phone, he was completely sure it wasn't that they trusted him - it was more like he was foolish enough to do as he was told to.

 

Next chapter will be Kangin's and Leeteuk's date, so look forward to it~

Oh, and thank you so much for all of your lovely comments, you guys cheer me up ♥♥