Tsubasa no nai Tenshi - Chapter 9

Tsubasa no nai Tenshi (Angel without wings)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry I took quite a moment to do this one right?

But in fact, I wrote it in one go, suddenly yesterday.

Things are slowly moving again and it might go faster now...

I'm a bit afraid but I hope you like it!

Comments are love!

~oO0°CHAPITRE IX°0Oo~

 

            Like he did it often in the last few months, Yoochun went to the Mirotic.

 

Regularly, he was going to this bar he learnt how to appreciate so fast. He liked the atmosphere that could appease him and the singer he felt attracted to who was always there. Since their first meeting, Yoochun had been one of his most loyal fan. He never missed one show with Xiah as the main singer and insisted to offer him a drink after each performance.

 

Yoochun was well known by the staff and his interest for Xiah was known by everybody. He never tried to hide it, quite the opposite. He was always trying to show clearly his intentions toward the singer.

 

Without really accepting his favour, Xiah never rejected them either. He let himself be charmed and admired with a passivity that intrigued almost everybody, especially the young man he was often singing with.

 

Each day Yoochun stayed there waiting for him after his performance, Xiah joined him at his table. He remained quite distant without being really cold. He refused alcohol but never the soft touches delicate and friendly Yoochun's hands gave him many times. Yoochun always appeared charmer, playing with the lack of reactions he received.

 

He was not really able to explain it, but somehow, this behaviour excited him. Xiah was mysterious and unfathomable. Yoochun could not help but being attracted to this mystery.

 

Despite his insistence, he never accepted to tell him his real name and even if he asked to many people around him, nobody seemed to know it. In fact, nobody seemed to know anything about him, no even his closest co-worker.

 

Really, Xiah was like a riddle. Yoochun was determined to break his shell and to understand the secrets the lonely singer tried to hide.

 

With such voice, Yoochun did not understand why Xiah was in a bar like this one. With a bit of help, he was sure Xiah could sing on the most famous stages.

 

In spite of his talent, Yoochun discovered fast Xiah showed a lack of willing. His cold and egoist behaviour had stopped all his opportunities to have a better carrier.

 

Yoochun himself tried to use his acquaintances to tame this unusual man he could not take off his mind. He tried three times, but Xiah refused any help from him.

 

The first time, Xiah had refused politely, sending the scheduler to turn down his offer to meet some important businessman. The second time, he came himself to talk to Yoochun, telling him gently but firmly he did not want to talk with his friend.

 

Yoochun was stubborn and never gave up. If for some people it was a flaw, he always tried his best to use it as an asset to obtain everything he wanted.

 

He was not sure this obsession was motivated by his love for music or his desire to be in the singer's good graces, but he was decided to keep going.

 

Today, for his third try, he managed to bring along one of his acquaintance. The women, around forty years old he joined at her table was working for a famous Casino in Seoul. The Casino was famous as well as all the people working there. Many celebrities were singing on this stage and Yoochun thought it would be more suitable for Xiah's talent than the Mirotic would ever be.

 

The performance went as usual. No real surprise and yet he still found it breathtaking. On the stage, Xiah was shining. In a duet or as a soloist, his voice vibrated with power and emotion. Satisfied, Yoochun glanced toward his guest. Following the rhythm of the songs, she approved his choice in silence. They did not talk during the whole performance, observing carefully and taking notes about each detail, each positive or negative point.

 

“So?” Yoochun asked his neighbour when the performance was over.

“Not bad, you were right,” the women nodded. “Those two have potential,” she said with a sign toward Xiah and Hero who were stepping down the stage. “Together or separately, I think there's something to do.”

“So true.”

“If I remember well, you mostly called me about the second soloist, right?” She wondered out loud, even though she already knew the answer.

“That's right,” Yoochun admitted with no shame.

“May I ask why?” She asked with curiosity.

“Both are pretty good,” Yoochun explained as a smile broke on his face. “But let's say Xiah captured my attention.”

 

Visibly satisfied of the answer, the women laid her look on the flyer on the table and softly her chin with a pensive expression. By her side, Yoochun stayed silent to let her think and ordered a drink for each of them.

 

When he stepped down from the stage, it had taken only few minutes for Xiah to learn the news. A famous scheduler like Roh SungHee never go unnoticed. She was known by most of the people working in this field and many members of the staff easily made the link between her presence and Yoochun as they shared the same table.

 

Xiah had not wanted to believe it until an excited waiter came to report the conversation he had caught. In five minutes, everybody was already congratulating him for this chance and the luck he had to have such handsome man fawning over him who tried so hard to please him and had such acquaintances.

 

Xiah did not really appreciate the attention. He liked to sing, at least he used to, but it had been years since he gave up the idea to appear on an auditorium. Now, he settled for singing here to make money, with less pleasure than he had when he was younger.

 

He did not want to be famous, to be on sumptuous sets or have thousands people to listen to him. He only wanted to keep his discretion, the comfort and tranquillity he had here. He wanted his life to stay simple, with no perturbation, he told everybody.

 

Decided, he disdained all the remarks and protestations he heard and walked toward the main room with a confident step. He found easily the table where was Yoochun. In some ways, the man always managed to find a place Xiah could spot him in a second.

 

Happy to see him coming over, a smile illuminated Yoochun's face. With his hand, he made a sign toward the singer who ignored him. Focused, Xiah stopped in front of their table where he had not been invited. Perplex, Roh SungHee's eyes stopped on him expectantly.

 

“Good Evening, Madame,” Xiah bowed politely to the woman he recognized with no doubt.

 

She returned the favour with courtesy and waited with some kind of anticipation the rest of the singer's talk.

 

“I got the idea you had been invited here by Mr Park to watch my performance, Xiah started.

 

The woman nodded and Xiah kept talking, his face impassible like it was so often.

 

“Sadly, I think Mr Park might have misunderstood something and made you waste your precious time. I have no intention to leave this place and sing at any other place.”

 

Surprised, Roh SungHee stayed a moment unmoving before she broke into a laugher. Amused by the scene she was not used to see, the woman was not offended in the least. Her unexpected reaction startled Yoochun but did not seem to bring any emotion on Xiah's imperturbable face.

 

“Interesting, indeed,” she said with a smile.

 

Soon after, she thanked Yoochun for his invitation and left the bar with the show flyer, leaving her drink untouched on the table.

 

Visibly indifferent, as if he did not barely turned down an offer many singers would damn themselves for, Xiah sat on the sit beside Yoochun's and let out a heavy sigh.

 

“You don't give up easily, do yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter