17's Diary

Seventeen: SM17ES United!

image

[17’s Diary - Lee Chan] 2013/05/13 ‘Field Trip’

Today our school will be having a field trip...

My friends even used pretty clothes and at the school field

They're all gathering and preparing to go

But I'm the only one wearing school uniform

I feel so lonely

Then I go practice after

Practice was fun but I just hate today

A teacher felt sorry for me then gave me a chocolate and a piece of candy

It's delicious

But I'm so lonely..

I guess I should go next time...


[17’s Diary - Jihoon] 2013/05/13 ‘Seokmin-ie’

Today Seokmin-ie practices singing very loudly

As he might be a nuisance to others I told him, “Seokmin-ah shut up!”

I didn’t mean bad but Seokmin seems a little down

I think I’ll buy him a triangular kimbab on our way back to dorm HH


[17’s Diary - Soonyoung &Seungcheol] 2013/05/14 ‘Soccer and Ttakbam’

 -Soonyoung 1

With the members today, if we can’t goal in penalty kick we’ll get ttakbam. Seungcheol said to do it at the practice room since there’s no time.

But  kekekekekeke

Everyone forgot (^3^)

I’m a Lucky Guy kekekekekekeke

It’ll forever be a secret kekekekekeke

-Seungcheol

During exercise time I clearly made a soccer bet

But I forgot to flip Soonyoung and Doyoon foreheads if they lose

I’ll hit them soon…

-Soonyoung2

Seungcheol called me as I wrote the diary

Huk….must’ve remembered while I wrote the diary…

I’ll die ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ


image

[17’s Diary - Wonwoo] 2013/05/15 ‘Lyrics’

Today, during the rap class I have been waiting for I received praise from the teacher for the lyrics I wrote.

From now on I should put more effort into trying to write good lyrics!


[17’s Diary - Seunggwan] 2013/05/16 ‘Tiger Teacher’

Today I’m practicing choreography with Soonyoung hyung

As expected…Soonyoung hyung is a tiger teacher.

He’s not the leader of Jackson Seven for nothing.

Thanks to Soonyoung hyung the choreo is almost perfect

I really like it

Let’s do this together again Soonyoung hyung

Hyung….I love you.


[17’s Diary - Doyoon] 2013/05/17 ‘Lanterns’

image

I came down to my hometown after a long time.

There’s a definite difference between Seoul and Busan smell.

Because it was Buddha’s Birthday I went to the “Beomeosa” temple and the lights were really pretty.

image

I took picture in front of the pretty lanterns but the only thing that came out is the silhouette of my mother and I.

It’s like my aura is weaker than the lanterns -_-

my appearance should be brighter by now …please ㅎㅎ


[17’s Diary - Seunggwan] 2013/05/18 ‘It’s Seunggwan’

Today after practice we went to the store which is in front of the dorm.

It’s the seven eleven store where 17 is a regular customer.

I felt like buying blue lemonade and decided to bought it.

When I was paying for it the store clerk asked

You’ve been drinking this a lot Seonggwan-ssi.


image

[17’s Diary - Junhui] 2013/05/21 ‘I'm Fortunate’

“Junhui~” manager came in front of me  and said, “Remember you have to arrive at the airport at 2 o’clock tomorrow”.

I nodded, feeling a little excited on the inside. 

With the feeling of being able to take a four day rest after picking up my parents and younger brother (and dropping them off at a hotel) I continued to sleep.

The next day, I woke up early next morning, foolishly took my parents and brother into “Lotte World”.

This is a famous amusement park in Korea that the members told me about, I wanted to take my family and spend time happily. 

But the result is that while I was thrilled to death, my parents and brother were tired half way to death.

Still we took advantage of the good weather and spent it ordinarily, having heart to hearts with my parents, looking at korea’s customs and habits, visited sites here and there. 

Ai~ the me right now, naturally went back to the practice room, as for my parents they also boarded their plane. 

After my family left, I’m left feeling a little empty. Thankfully I always have brothers at my side saying “Jia You”.


 

image

[17’s Diary - Seokmin] 2013/05/22 ‘Dinner’

I always eat dinner in the practice room.

Today on the way inside to the practice room I saw our Aunties*

Whenever they see me they always smile while talking to me.

Perhaps that makes it more tasty?~ ke

Today we have Jabchae*!! I like more as it feels like I’m at home

From now on please make more tasty banchan*~

 

notes:

Aunties = staff that make their food *o*

Jabchae = stir fried clear noodles and veggies

Banchan = side dishes 


image

[17’s Diary - Soonyoung] 2013/05/23 ‘It's A Shame’

During vocal class with Wonwoo, while recording, our teacher told us to monitor as well but just then the recording machine broke down so we couldn’t do it today.

Such a shame.

We must proceed on Tuesday!

I want to record rather than practice and also hurry and make our own song.

Until the day 17 records their own song gogogo!

 


164918_177023952460413_778756644_n.jpg

[17’s Diary - Jisoo, Seunggwan, Seungcheol, Soonyoung, Chan & Meerkat] 2013/05/25-26 'Making Memories'

Special thanks to Soonyoung's dad for making the hanging banner. You're the best!!'

(Jisoo)
Today we went on an MT. Through this MT we were able to open our hearts and get to know each other alot better than before. I think we got a lot closer as a group and as friends through this trip.

(Seungkwan)
We went on an MT to improve our teamwork as one whole group. Our destination was Daesungri, a popular MT place, also recommended by Soonyoung hyung!!
We had barbeques, water fights, played games, and were given time to tell each other things we had kept in our heart until then.
2 days and 1 night went by quickly … Right now I'm feeling bitter-sweet. When can we go again?

(Seungcheol)
I think this is the first time we went somewhere to play as a group of trainees.
I was very glad to be able to share all my thought on everyone during the campfire, and also the kids' thoughts too.
But I was also very sorry on how we never really had time to talk to each other openly . I learnt that if I don't show anything, no-one will know (my problems). 
I hope next time the MT would last longer.

(Soonyoung)
I actually played so hard without a care in the world!!
One of the activities I enjoyed the most was water fights in the creek. I remember Seungkwan and Seokmin having pins and needles in their legs, and Mingyu who played so hard until he was exhausted. ㅋㅋㅋㅋ It was good seeing the kids enjoying themselves for the first time in a while. At night dad surprised us by paying us a surprise visit saying, "I was close by so I decided to pop in~" and I was thankful on how the kids were welcoming him more than I was. Dad… the hanging banner ㅎㅎㅎㅎ As usual, my dad is the best!!

(Chan)
Today I went on an MT with the hyungs. I was so excited about it since it was like going on a school camp I have never had the chance to go to.
The hyungs told us they were disappointed on how we (the dongsengs) never tell them any of our worries. We told them that since we thought the hyungs would be having a hard time too, that we promised to not trouble them with any of our worries. The manager patted my head saying "It's good seeing you guys looking out for each other~". Even though we didn't say anything after that, I nearly burst into tears. But I didn't cry because I'm a man. I'm so thankful that I met these hyungs and dongsengs. SEVENTEEN… I hope we stay together forever.

'BONUS! Meerkat (Web PD)'s Diary)
Summary in a sentence: Exhausted. Boiling. Tired. Hungry. But they're still cute. I'll keep on going!

The SEVENTEEN kids who are excited even before the MT filming started- somehow we got through filming the opening.
(Their minds are already floating towards Daesungri Creek…) Today SEVENTEEN has to take the public transport to the MT place. I'm already exhausted from rounding up the teenage kids (ranging from early teens to to-be 20's, which just happens to be the time when boys have infinite energy level… over flowing energy…)with a camera on one hand through the public transport.

I don't have a public transport card! How much are they? Can you pay for mine too? The manager in charge is everywhere… and I'm everywhere too, having to record every singles one of them as they speak something…

As soon as we arrived, we unpacked all the luggage and set up the film set. The kids are running around like crazy on the grass fields. They're probably already healed on the fact that they're not practici… hey don't run out of the camera's filming range!!!!
The ball is getting kicked from here to there (more like teleporting) while Seungcheol is just zooming around. I'm supposed to be running around next to him too with the camera but I'm on the verge of passing out of exhaustion.
(Today was the hottest day recorded this year… *pant pant* it's so hot)

We started to grill the meat. The amount of food a teenager boy could take in is just unbelievable. Do we have enough meant? Will we be able to have a bite, too? The kids who were like "Hyung! Have some too!" just a few moments ago are now digging in like crazy as soon as a freshly grilled meat is served.
Guys…. Hyung, too…. Likes grilled meat…….. So hungry ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ

The kid's eyes are going teary when we start having D&Ms around the campfire. They start to forget that they are being filmed… These kids are just my younger brother's age, and already they are fighting for their dreams, away from their safe zone of friends and families… Finally, one by one, they burst into tears when they talk about things that they have never brought up before because they were so close and didn't want to trouble each other. Instead of the bit-too-energetic trainees, now they seem like just another group of cute teenagers.

The SEVENTEEN kids say that time flew by, and that they want to go again someday.
Guys… Hyung lost 2 kg… The war between me and the editing hasn't even started yet… you don’t want to know what that's like…
Just… please… the thing about wanting to go again someday? I think it's better off if you jus keep them in your heart… ㅠ_ㅠ


179784_213100785480633_891050051_n.jpg

[17’s Diary - Soonyoung] 2013/05/27 'Vacuum Cleaner'

Finally after two months the vacuum cleaner finally came! The one we had sneaked in was found by the training teacher… Today we’re probably able to practice in a clean room.
As the mischievous 7teen starting putting together the vacuum they did a long loop of impersonation. Seungchul hyung wrapped (the vacuum hose probably) around his neck and started a fashion show while Seungwan called himself an elephant with it attached to his nose, swinging around even Seokmin, who had shouted Soondae… 7teen, whatever they do is always happy~~~^^
Oh! The sale box was also the the vacuum box keke No one came to the end sale… so all the hyung ended up taking it back ㅠㅠㅠㅠ they don’t want me ㅠㅠㅠㅠ

 


10154_213857855404926_1697868450_n.jpg

[17’s Diary - Jihoon] 2013/05/27 'I hate you!!'

'5/27 (Tues.)'
On my way to the practice room after school it began to rain a lot.
I didn’t know that it would started raining so I didn’t bring an umbrella with me....
I went to the practice room through the rain and got drenched,
I hate rainy days.

'5/28(Wed.)'
It rained again today
I forgot my umbrella again today.
Today I got drenched by the rain, again.
I hate rainy days.

 


182906_213857925404919_693959083_n.jpg

[Training teacher R.MA's diary] 2013/05/29 

Apparently there was an athletics carnival today at the kids' school.
It seems that the bit-too-competetive 17... were flying around, without taking care of themselves.
Even though they haven't recovered fully from the injuries before...
Maybe... We should just renovate the whole practise room into a soccer field...
Recently Jihoon were going through some difficult phases... he seems to be back on track now... That's a relief...
But before I can even take another breath, now it's Doyoon and Seungcheol whose going through the same phase...
While I'm all over the place with the each of the kids' problems, the maknaes are now quietly spending my money on biscuits...
Let's say each of you guys only take a bag of chips each... Do you know how much that'll cost?
2am in the morning... 17 kids who refuse to stay quite even on the way home...
Now their making a big fuss about splitting up into groups to catch a few taxis....
And just when I thought everything was settled... They're asking me to help out on their school homework for the next day...
Guys... It's two in the morning!!!
Just like always... I wont be able to sleep anytime soon...
SEVENTEEN Vocabulary List (Staff Special)
- MR. Meerkat : Internet PD who is also in charge of editing videos!
Due to the recent camp he went on with SEVENTEEN kids, although he said he wouldn't even turn his face to face the SEVENTEEN members, he got rid of Ironman and changed his background picture on his computer a picture of SEVENTEEN; A secret SEVENTEEN fan
- Sugar Kim : The one who came up with the idea of "Hope you wake up early"- not only that, but also prepared and subbed them. Also a Video Producer. He himself often says "Because i'm such a sweet and sugary person!" And nicknamed himself "sugar'.

- Doogi PD : A mysterious person who's usually on twitter to gain information, photos and resources about SEVENTEEN. Likes being complimented by fans but avoids fans asking him about his identity, thus creating rumors and theories such as "Samuel is actually Doogi PD in secret" theory, "Doogi PD is actually a ghost" theory and many more. He chucks a rare gif. at the fans every now and then.
(If you're a SEVENTEEN fan you might've already seen Doogi PD a few times on the internet…)

- R.MA : SEVENTEEN's main trainer!
The name comes from the SEVENTEEN's nickname for his car used for business only- a red Matiz- Rema. He is the one SEVENTEEN fears the most, but is like their second dad at the same time. His main source of energy comes from 3 meals a day + a can of energy drink + chunks of chocolate + and sometimes fried chicken.


600460_178988352263973_1894806100_n.jpg

[17’s Diary - Mingyu] 2013/05/30 'Where did everyone go?'

Today…this morning …I woke up but…there was nobody in the dorm…

Jihoon-hyung woke me up urgently, I thought I was late for school… 

Following the man’s shower law….I showered in 4 minutes…luckily I caught a taxi in front when I came out..!! ㅎ But…the problem was I didn’t check the time… The time to arrive at school is 8:30A.M. but…when I arrived there…it was 7:40A.M… Then… when did I wake up and…where did all the members go…

 


935376_213858318738213_517440493_n.jpg

[17’s Diary - 승철] 2013/06/01 '......'

I've been having many thoughts on things... The training teachers told me it was just one of the many phases trainees go through, so he gave me a day off. 
I went down to Daegu and hung out with my friends for the first time in ages. 
I felt a bit bitter thinking about how I hung out with my friends today. I nearly cried when I was eating the meal grandma prepared for me.
When she asked if anything was wrong I just replied with a 'no'.
It's been three years...
I have to work hard for my dreams and everyone whose cheering me on but unnecessary thoughts just won't go away.
The (SEVENTEEN) kids who should be in the middle of practicing, my dad and my grandma... the training teachers...
The end of todays nearing, just like any other days.


image

[17’s Diary - Seunggwan] 2013/06/01 'Jeju Island! Good Good!'

This is Jeju Island! 

Since I came down to Jeju Island, I held my mom’s hand as we walked along the coastal roads.

My heart leaped and felt clear.

I can’t remember the last time I saw the ocean with my mom, that’s how long it’s been.

I feel like even the inside of my mind feels clear.

Good good!!

 

(Bonus-Seokmin’Diary)

Today was a day without Seungkwan…

He went to his hometown, Jeju Island.

Do something good for your mother and father before you come back!!

Don’t forget to bring the hallabong!! Keke You said you’ll bring it!! Keke

Since Seungkwan wasn’t here it was a lonely day!


601047_214437802013598_1261441927_n.jpg

[17’s Diary - Hansol] 2013/06/02 '60 minutes'

Recently, I've been reading a book called "CF genius Lee Jae Suk".
I usually read it in the subway when I'm travelling to and from the practice room.
But today I accidently left the book at home so i was spacing out in the subway.
Time goes so slowly when you're not doing anything.
I regret wasting a perfectly good 60 minutes.