Listen

Family of Five

 

Mir woke up to the sound of his alarm clock.He tossed and turned for a while before getting up from his bed.As he was standing up,he could feel as if the ground was moving and almost lost his balance.He sat back on his bed and held his throbbing head.Oh,crap.Bacteria is haunting my body.Mir thought as he realised that he just caught a fever.Mir sighed and walked out of his room.

‘Yah...I thought you’re not going to wake up.Do you realize what time is it,now?Hurry up and get ready!’,Byunghee bombarded Mir with nagging as soon as the maknae walked to the dining table.

‘Hyung...can I skip school today?I don’t feel well.’,Mir said without expression.

Byunghee stopped stirring his coffee and looked at his brother.

‘That kind of trick won’t work on me,Mir-yah.And for your information,you are a terrible actor.’,Byunghee said after deciding that Mir looked fine.

Mir sighed.Basically,this is a problem that is common everytime he was sick.Thanks to his unability to express how terrible he felt through his face.He don’t know why.Maybe,it’s because he is usually a happy-go-lucky guy,he is not used to show his pain.There was an incident where he broke his arm while playing wrestling with his brothers(which is a bad idea in the first place),it took his brothers two days to realise that he was not kidding when he said that his arm hurts.After that,Seungho hyung had always pay more attention when he said that he was hurt or anything,resulting his eldest brother to become quite overprotective.That’s right!Seungho hyung is my only hope right now...

Mir looked at Seungho but before he was able to open his mouth,Seungho said,’Get ready,Mir.’

 

 

Mir got into Seungho’s car with heavy heart.He tried to ignore the breakfast that was threatening to come out from his stomach.Mir couldn’t helped but felt a little bit hurt about Seungho’s behaviour towards him.Seungho had barely talked to him after his birthday except about sending and picking him up from school.Does he think that he is my driver or what?Seungho started the car’s engine and started to drive.

‘Hyung.’,Mir said,trying to get Seungho’s attention.

Seungho just hummed and looked at the road.

‘I’m sorry.’,Mir said timidly.

Seungho did not say anything in response.Mir just sighed and looked outside the window.When they finally reached at Mir’s school,Mir got out from the car and said,’I love you,hyung.’

 

 

Finally,the school period was over.Mir reached for his bag and dragged his feet to the school gate.Going to school with a fever was a really terrible idea.His teachers’ lectures was only making his head more dizzy and he can’t even sleep a wink between class because of his noisy classmates.Screaming in the class is really a bad manner,Mir thought.Reflecting on his past behaviour.Suddenly,his phone beeped.

“I can’t pick you up today.My car broke down.I’ll wait for you at the bus stop.Don’t wander around.”

-Seungho hyung-

Mir sighed heavily after reading the message.Let’s just hope I will survive on the way home...

 

 

Mir got down from the bus.His headache was getting worse.Actually,all his joints and limbs ached.He looked around for Seungho but he was nowhere to be found.This hyung...he told me not to wander around,yet he was the one who wander around.Mir complained in his thoughts.

‘Cheolyong-ah.’

Mir froze at the sound of the familiar voice.He looked up and found Eric standing in front of him.

‘I’m sorry if I surprised you.I wait for you at school,but your friends said that you already took a bus.So, I wait here.’

Mir kept silence for a while,trying to find words to respond.

‘I-I don’t think that you should meet me for the time being.If Seungho hyung knows-‘

‘I know.Seungho doesn’t like me .He would not let me meet you again.That’s why I’m here.’,Eric said with a sad expression.

‘Look,I know this is too sudden and all,but Cheolyong-ah...will you come to L.A. with me?’

‘Wh-what?’,Mir was surprised at Eric’s sudden question.

‘I’ve been thinking about this for a while.I want to get to know you more.You don’t have to give me an answer now.Just think about it,okay.’,Eric said softly.He then hugged Mir and drove off with his car,leaving a confused Mir.Mir held his head and looked to his left when he noticed that someone was standing there.He was surprised to see Seungho standing with a frozen expression.

‘Hyung.’,Mir blurted.Seungho just turn around and started to walk away.

‘Hyung!Hyung,stop!Let me explain.’,Mir called out and started to run towards Seungho.Seungho kept on walking and ignored Mir.Mir continued to chase after Seungho,ignoring the pain screaming from his head.

‘Seungho hyung!Hyung!Hyu-’

Seungho stopped when Mir suddenly stopped calling him.He hesitated a bit and turned around.Only to find the maknae lying on the ground,unconscious.

‘MIR!’



 

A/N:Double update!keke...I really need some sleep right now.....Comment and subscribe,please!