Family

Family of Five

 

‘ARE YOU INSANE?!’,Seungho screamed.The crowds at the airport started to give weird looks at him.He could not blame them,anyway.He was the one who was screaming in the middle of the airport.He could’t helped it.He glared at Byunghee,who was keeping an expressionless face.Joon and Cheondung on his sides just kept giving him apologetic smiles.

‘Obviously,I’m not.If I was,I would send Joon instead of you.’,Byunghee answered as if he was stating the most obvious thing in the world.

‘Whoa,why am I involved in this?Am I that untrustworthy?’,Joon countered.

‘Yes.I’m not talking to you,Joon.You’re right,Byunghee-yah.If there was anyone who should go,it would be me.’,Seungho tried to solve the situation calmly.

‘Then you should go.’,Byunghee said.

‘But!But shouldn’t we discuss this thoroughly first?I don’t even know where he live.’,Seungho keeping his calm façade.Although he was already clenching his fist,holding it back from landing on Byunghee’s face.

‘You don’t even discuss with us first before sending Mir off.Why discuss now?’

‘So,all of this is about revenge?What if I got kidnapped there?Would you be responsible?’

‘No one’s gonna do that.They will run as soon as they saw your dark circles.’

‘Well,let me tell you something.Your eyes too are almost the same as mine now.’

‘It’s all because your stupid so-called noble act,you fish!’

‘I’ve already apologised for that,aren’t I?’

‘Yes.Now,why won’t you go to L.A. and bring Mir back?Why are you being such an octopus?’

‘How am I supposed to do that when I don’t even know where he is?!’

‘Okay,okay,hyung!Stop it!Just stop before Byunghee hyung starts to list all type of seafood existed.’,Cheondung held up his hands as if he is a referee in a wrestling match.

‘Let me suggest something.Why don’t you just called Mir first and asked for his address?’,Cheondung continued.

‘Right,Doongie-yah!You're such a genius!’,Joon exclaimed while hugging Cheondung.

‘That was such an overstatement,Joonie hyung.Get-off me.’Cheondung struggled to get out of Joon iron-grip hug.

Seungho just sighed heavily and started dialling Mir’s number.He was not sure if this number still works since the maknae only used it once to call him when he arrived.He’s been waiting another call since but there’s none.He looked at Byunghee who was staring at him impatiently.This guy,really…How could he brought me to the airport while I was asleep and just asked me to board a plane to L.A. without notice?He has really going insane.Not that everyone have been keeping their minds right since Mir’s gone.The number you have dialled…Seungho ended the call.

‘He’s unreachable.’,Seungho told Byunghee.

‘Why don’t you try to call his old number?’,Joon suggested,already letting panting Cheondung go.

‘That number is only available if he was here,Joonie-yah.’,Byunghee explained to Joon,frustrated.

Joon just ignored Byunghee and snatched Seungho’s phone.He then put the speaker phone on.All of his brothers stared quite incredulously at him.What was he thinking?We would never re-

‘Hello?Hyung?’

Seungho’s eyes widened at the sound of the voice that he missed.This does not make sense.How could he-How could Mir answered this number?Does this means that-

‘Mir!Are you in Korea right now?’,Byunghee asked before Seungho opened his mouth.

‘Are you in that restaurant?I knew it!Hyesung hyung was bluffing when he said that you weren’t there.’,Cheondung suddenly jumped to his own conclusion.

‘What are you talking about,hyung?No-I mean yes.I’m here.In Korea.I’ve just got off from the plane.’,Mir laughed.

‘Plane?Does this means that…’Seungho trailed off and started to look around.

He stopped when he found Mir,standing in front of him.Beaming with smiles.

‘Yo,hyung,’,Mir greeted.

Before Mir even walked closer to them,all of them have jumped and hugged the maknae.

 

 

 

‘Are you sure about this?’,Mir asked Eric.

‘Yes.’,Eric nodded.

Mir stared at the plane ticket that Eric just gave him.He sighed.Is this right?What am I doing?

‘You’re doing nothing wrong,Cheolyong-ah.’,Eric said,as if reading Mir’s mind.

Mir doesn’t say anything.

‘I’ll call you.Everyday.I’ll come and visit too if you want.’,Eric convinced Mir.

Mir looked up.Still hesitating.

‘I promise.Trust me.I’ve only broke one promise in my whole life you know.’,Eric said casually.

‘You are going to be okay,right?’,Mir asked hesitantly.

‘I will.’,Eric smiled.

‘Now,go.You’re going to missed your plane.’,Eric pushed Mir to the entrance.

Mir walked hesitantly while kept looking back.Eric waved at him.Mir suddenly stopped and walked back to Eric.

Mir hugged him and said,’Thank you…appa.’

 

 

‘Thank you…appa’,Mir’s voice kept ringing in Eric’s head.Eric stood there in daze as he watched Mir’s back entering the departure gate.

Appa.Eric smiled at the sound of it.That rascal…Suddenly,his phone rings.

‘Oh,what?’,Eric answered lazily.

‘Have you send him off?’,the caller asked.

‘I’ve already did.Now you can stop your nagging.’,Eric joked.

‘I’m not nagging,I’m advising….Are you okay?’

‘I’m okay,Hyesung-ah.In fact,I’m all giddy right now.’,Eric said happily.

‘Well,that could be dangerous.Mind to explain?’,Hyesung asked,feeling wary.

‘Cheolyong called me appa.If I knew this was going to happen,I would send him sooner.’,Eric continued.

‘Yeah,right.Don’t call me tonight and wailed about how you missed him.’,Hyesung teased.

‘Not going to.I’m going to call Cheolyong instead.’,Eric answered nonchalantly.

‘Okay,okay.This has to be the weirdest father-son relationship I’ve ever encountered in my life.’Hyesung commented.

‘I would say the same.’,Eric agreed.

 

 

 

The ride back home was quite quiet.All the boys have smiled plastered to their face.Happy that their family is now complete again.

‘How come you’ve decided to come back,Mir-yah?’,Joon asked Mir.

‘I missed you guys.’,Mir simply answered.

‘Are you going to move back here?’,Cheondung looked at Mir.

Mir nodded.

‘What does Eric hyung said?’,Seungho asked before his brothers got the chance to celebrate.

‘He’s the one who told me to.By the way,I’ve read your letter,hyung.’,Mir answered while smiling mischeviously.

‘WHAT?What letter?What letter,hyung?’,Joon exclaimed loudly at Mir and Seungho.

‘There’s something like that.Where did I put it,huh?I think I-‘,Mir suddenly searched for the letter.

‘Yah-Yah!Don’t search for it!And why the heck that you have that?I told Eric hyung to keep it!’,Seungho frantically stopped Mir while trying to focus on his driving.

‘Wah,Seungho is nervous.Now,I’m really curious.Where is it,Mir-yah?’,Byunghee smirked at Seungho.

‘Appa gave it to me to convince me to come back.I have to say that it’s very convincing,hyung.’,Mir continued to teased Seungho while searching his bag.

‘Here it is!’,Mir shouted and picked out an envelope in joy.’I’m going to read it for you guys.’

‘YAH!Yah,Mir-yah!Don’t you dare do that.And you guys!Stop peeking at it!’,Seungho panicked.

Mir ignored him and continued to open the envelope.

‘What is it?What is it?’,Byunghee said curiously and snatched the letter from Mir.

‘Yah!I said don’t read it!Read a word and I’m going to kill you,Byunghee-yah.’,Seungho threatened.

‘Dear sir,we are glad to inform you that the items you ordered has finally arrived.Please complete your payment before…What is this?’,Byunghee asked Mir,confused.

‘Oops,I’ve take out the wrong letter.Give me that.Where is it,really…’,Mir said innocently before started to search his bag again.

‘Haish,what is this…’,Joon whined.

Mir smiled apologetically at his dissappointed brother.Meanwhile,Seungho sighed in relief.

‘Wait!Wait,Mir.Stop.Tell me what you want.’,Seungho tried to compromised.

Mir smirked.’Really?Anything will do?’

‘Yes.Anything.As long as you don’t read the letter to all of this village idiots.’,Seungho said impatiently.

‘I want that limited edition of manga collection that I’ve asked you to buy for my birthday present.’,Mir stated without taking  breath.

‘What?That thing cost like-‘

‘Where is the letter,huh?’

‘Okay,okay.Fine,I’ll buy it!’

Mir laughed and hugged Seungho.’Yeay!I love you,hyung!Sorry,you guys.It seems like the letter is nowhere to be found.’

Sounds of complaint heard from every side of the car.Seungho let out his breath.Sorry,guys.You’ll have to kill me before you’ve got your hands on that-ugh…Seungho pushed Mir’s hand away.This devil…Why the heck that missed you so much,huh?

‘Now,now.Let’s go and celebrate.Where do you want to go?My treat.’,Seungho tried to brightened up his brothers.

All of them did not say anything until Cheondung suddenly clapped his hands.

‘I know!I know!Let’s go to Hyesung hyung’s restaurant!’

‘Yeah!He must be glad that he’d have his worker back!’,Joon said while holding Mir’s shoulder.

‘Worker?Who’s worker?’,Seungho asked.

Joon gasped.Mir already held his heads in despair.Cheondung tried to explain.The next thing,you know,the car has turned into chaos.Byunghee who decided to stay out of the problem just sat there and smiled.How could things just turn back to normal in barely one hours?Just a few hours ago,they were troubled and arguing with each other.I guess this is what you call family.Be it complete or incomplete,our family of five.

THE END

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

 

‘I really want to puke right now.’,Joon said.

Cheondung wiped his tears from laughing too hard.

‘I can’t believe Seungho hyung actually wrote this.’

‘You have no idea how hard I laughed when I first read it,hyung.’,Mir stated,laughing along.

‘It’s so cheesy,my insides are cringed.’,Byunghee got up from rolling on floor,laughing.

‘I see why you come back,Mir.Seungho hyung really love you a lot for writing this.’,Joon commented.

‘Actually the beginning sounded normal,but the last line really kills me.’,Cheondung held his stomach.

‘Yeah,I was feeling touched and suddenly  that line came out.’,Byunghee said,finishing his laugh.

‘Yeah,Seungho hyung-‘

‘I’m home.’,Seungho suddenly entered the house.

The boys frantically hiding the letter they have been reading and sat up straight.

‘Hi,hyung.I see you came home early today.’,Cheondung greeted Seungho awkwardly.

‘Yeah,there’s not a lot of work today.What are you guys doing?’,Seungho asked suspiciously.

‘Nothing.Just lazing around and doing nothing productive.’,Byunghee said,hiding his nervousness.

‘Well,okay.I would just clean up and let’s eat out today.’,Seungho informed.

‘Okay,sir.Ah,hyung!’,Mir suddenly stood up.

‘What?’

‘Eric appa called today and he asked if he could come here and visit this weekend.’,Mir said,slightly hesitant.

‘Of course.’,Seungho simply agreed.

Mir smiled.

Seungho then walked into his room.

‘Phew,that was close.’,Joon wiped his forehead.

His brothers nodded in agreement before laughing.

‘Now,now.Let’s keep it before Seungho noticed and get ready.’,Byunghee instructed.

The boys scattered around and went to get their coats.

‘And Mir?’,Byunghee called out.Mir looked back at him and raised his eyebrows.

‘Asked Eric hyung if he still likes meat.’,Byunghee said,slightly smiling.

‘Hmm.’,Mir nodded and smiled back.

 

 


 

A/N:Finally!!It's over...huhu.I have to say that since this is my first fanfic,it's not that perfect.But,you guys are very nice with your comments and always encouraging me.Thanks a lot!Actually,I've started this fanfic because I was bored and I want to improve my writing skills.And of course,because I'm an A+!I originally planned to write only five chapters of it but then it just gets longer.keke.I just got into MBLAQ last year and I like them a lot.And my bias is...I'm having hard time choosing one.T-T I hope they will have a comeback soon.MBLAQ Fighting!

SPECIAL THANKS TO

misSong

mahoody

Dalily

Liathano

drYang

Applescent

ClaudineB

joonhoftw

Joonho_lover

abnormal_mblaq

DoubleSHINee

babybubblevcrack

totorerere

Ushisonne

matomato

charlot

Thank you so much for subscribing my story!And being so nice with the comments,keke.<3

 

p.s:About Seungho's letter,let's just say I want to protect his tough image in this story,okay?;) And for bonus!

 

I guess this is what family looks like??(credits to owner)