Birthday

Family of Five

 

Byunghee kept on shaking his head and smiling,showing his satisfaction of their “grown-up” maknae.Suddenly,he shouted,”OK!NOW WE CAN START!”.

‘Start what?’,Joon asked,confused.

‘You really,sometimes I really wonder if your brain is really made up of muscles only.Seungho!Please help me refreshing his memories about our misson today.I’m really tired of nagging at him.’

Seungho just scratch his head and said lazily,’Umm…what is it again?’

‘YAH!You guys,really…how could you guys forget about this,huh?Especially you,Seungho!Wah..I really can’t trust anyone in this house...’

‘Alright,alright.Stop it,already.What is it?What mission?’,Joon said impatiently.

‘It’s Mir’s birthday,you dope!Remember our plan to surprise him?Even Cheondung remembers it.’

‘Oh,right!’,Seungho exclaimed and suddenly went mad.

‘This is all you guys’ fault!Wake me up with your annoying scream and babbling on about shampoo bubbles and amnesia!’,Seungho blamed Byunghee and Joon.

‘Hmph,lame excuses…’,Joon said.

‘Ok,ok.Now let’s get going since we don’t have much time.’Byunghee said while trying to stopped Seungho from beating Joon.

 

 

‘OHAYO GOZAIMASU!!’,Mir screamed while making his entrance into the restaurant.

‘Oh,Mir.You’re here.’said Hyesung,the manager of the restaurant.Already used to the boy’s loudness.

Mir giggled and greeted him,’Good morning,hyung!’.

‘You’re early today,huh?’

‘Yes.Weirdly enough,my hyungs didn’t asked me too much questions today.Byunghee hyung don’t even forced me to wait for breakfast.Come to think of it,this is really weird…’Mir rubbing his chin suddenly realizing.

Hyesung just laughed at Mir and said,’How long are you going to keep your job a secret to them,huh? This town aren’t that big you know…’

‘Well,until I finished high school,I guess.Seungho hyung does not allow me to have job while studying...’Mir sighed.

‘He was just concerned.Anyway,I’m giving you a half day vacation today.You can take off after lunch break.Eric wants to meet you.’,Hyesung said while eyeing Mir’s reaction.

Mir’s expression stiffened.He blurted.’Hyung,do I really-‘

‘It’s been like three weeks,Mir.He misses you.’

‘Okay.’,Mir said quietly.The silence in the restaurant suddenly broken up by Mir’s phone.

‘Hyung!What is it?’

‘Yah!Is that how you’re supposed to greet your hyung?’Seungho asked,pretending to be angry.

Mir just laughed.

’Yes,hyung-nim.Is there anything you need from me?Just said it.I will do anything for you,hyung-nim.’Mir said in exaggerated polite tone.

‘Now,that’s better.’Seungho chuckled.’Cheondung’s coming home tonight.We’re planning to have dinner together.Don’t wander around after your class and come home early.’

Mir just about to protest but Seungho immediately said in a strict tone,’No more excuses,Mir.’

Mir knew that it’s a sign not to say anything further and just said,’Okay,I’ll be home before 7’.

‘Good boy.Call me if you need me to pick you up.’

Mir sighed.What a day…

 

 

 

It’s almost 7 o’clock on the evening and their house is more noisy than ever.Byunghee just scrambled around the house asking everyone to taste his oh-so-delicious cuisine made up of fried glass noodles,some salad and seaweed soup.Joon kept on panicking on his own jumping around while decorating the room with random decorations.Cheondung who just arrived with a cake still figuring out how to arrange the candles while screaming at Joon to stop making him panic.And Seungho is just being Seungho.Kept on tasting everything on the table.

‘Seungho,would you please stop eating and call Mir and asked where is he?’,Byunghee said annoyingly.

‘Right,hyung.Just ask him if he is anywhere near the house or anything.’Cheondung said,getting ready to light up the candles.

‘What?You asked me to taste it,right?’Seungho said to Byunghee while taking out his phone.

‘I asked you to taste it,not to feast on it.’

‘Fine’,Seungho said and started dialing Mir’s number.

‘He’s not picking up.’,Seungho informed.

‘Maybe he didn’t hear it.Wait a bit,he’ll call you back’,Joon said.

 

 

 

It has been almost 9 o’clock and Mir still didn’t call Seungho back.All of them started panicking.They have been trying to reach their maknae’s phone for over hundredth time and still kept receiving the annoying female’s  robotic tone who kept asking them to leave a message.

‘I don’t want to leave a message,damn it!’,Seungho raged.He touch the green button again and this time it said that the maknae’s phone is out of the coverage.

‘That’s it.I’m going to search for him.’,Seungho got up from the sofa and reached for his car key.

‘We’re coming with you.’Joon said,getting up too.

‘No,you guys stay here.Who knows if he’ll be back.’Seungho said and walked out of the door.

 

 

 

Seungho’s eyes ran wildly over the street,trying to search for any signs of Mir.His thoughts were getting more and more paranoid every second.He was worried.Really worried.Mir has never been out this late without informing them before.He’s not the type that usually ignored their phone calls either.Seungho hoped that nothing bad is happening to him.

Seungho stopped his car when he saw a teenage boy walking out of a restaurant.Seungho squinted his eyes to see more clearly.His heart was more than relieved when he was sure that he was Mir.But his peace was over once he saw a man running after Mir and hug him.Both of the man’s action and face shocked him.Unthinkingly,Seungho climbed out of his car and pulled Mir off the man.

‘H-Hyung!’,Mir stammered,surprised.

‘Get in the car.’,Seungho said to Mir while staring at the man.

‘Seungho,I-‘,the man said.

‘Shut up!Mir!Get in the car.Now.’

Mir obeyed Seungho and Seungho drove off leaving a dejected Eric.

 

 

 

‘Do you know who-‘

‘Yes.’,Mir answered without hearing the whole question.

‘How long?’,Seungho asked,trying to keep his composure.

‘It’s been almost a month.’

‘WHY DON’T YOU TELL US?!’,Seungho started to raise his voice.

‘I,I-‘

‘HAVE YOU BEEN LYING TO US TO MEET HIM?!’

‘That’s not it.I,I was just-‘

‘STOP.Just stop.I don’t want to hear it.’,Seungho said coldly.

 

 

For the rest of the journey home,they did not speak a word.When they reached home,they were greeted with the relieved faces of their brothers.Asking Mir where have he been and if anything happen.Seungho just walked off into his room and slammed the door,making the other more confused.Mir just asked everyone to eat and thanked them for remembering his birthday.Byunghee,Joon and Cheondung sat with him and started to eat.Whatever happened  must be something serious,but they don’t want to talk about it.Not now.Not on their maknae’s birthday.

 

 


A/N:First chapter’s up!I've got subscribers,yay!Enjoy reading and feel free to tell me how you feel about it.(^-^)

p.s:I used Hyesung and Eric from Shinhwa in this story.