Talk-Part 2

Family of Five

 

Joon took his eyes off from the television and stared at Mir who was eating his pizza.

‘You know what?You have the ability to make anything you eat looks like they taste bad.’,Joon stated in a flat voice.

‘Well,I was trained not to be fussy about my food.They will all turn into poops anyway.’,Mir said while eating his pizza with a poker face.

‘Eww,wah,you really…I’m speechless.You making me lose my appetite.’,Joon whined ,disgusted with Mir’s answer.

‘What?I was just stating the obvious.’,Mir scoffed at Joon’s exaggerated reaction.

Joon sighed and shook his head at his brother.’Maybe that’s because you haven’t taste Omma’s cooking.’

Mir doesn’t say anything in response.Joon suddenly realized what he just said and cupped his mouth.

‘Sorry.’

‘Don’t be.’,Mir forced a laugh.

They stayed in silence for a while before Joon continued,trying to change the topic,’You don’t go to work today?’

‘Are you crazy,hyung?Do you want me to get caught by Seungho hyung?’,Mir  stated,dumbfounded.

‘Oh,right.Seungho hyung was picking you up today.’,Joon  laughed at his own question.

Joon continued eating and watched the television.He always knew about Mir’s part time job.That happened when he followed Mir one day after noticing Mir’s weird secretive behaviour.Mir made him promised to kept it a secret and so he did.He understood Mir.He used to work secretly without Seungho and Byunghee permission when he was in high school too.Mir was quite surprised at his ability to noticed it.Well,although he can be reckless sometimes,he somehow always see things other’s don’t.Especially when it involved his brothers.Just like how he noticed that Mir had something on his mind recently.But he had no idea that it involved Mir’s dad.He did saw Mir with an older man once but since he was only ten when Eric left them.,he had troubles remembering the man’s face.The fact that his brothers never said anything about Eric was not helping either.

Joon looked at Mir again and said carefully,’Can I ask you something?’

Mir took a look at Joon’s face.Surprised with his hyung’s sudden change of tone.Mir kept quiet for a moment and asked,’What is it?’

‘I heard about everything from Seungho hyung.’

‘That’s not a question.’,Mir stated,his eyes was not leaving the television.

‘That you’ve met your father.’,Joon continued,ignoring Mir’s statement.

‘That’s not a question either.’

Joon laughed a bit and finally asked.’How was it?’

Mir sighed and looked at Joon.’It was… weird.’

Joon didn’t say anything,allowing Mir to continue.

‘I don’t know.I…I guess I just did not expect him to come back.After all these years…’,Mir said,already looking at his lap.

‘Aren’t you glad?’,Joon asked Mir while looking into space.

‘Well,he seemed like a nice person.Maybe he is,I guess.He told me about everything.Why did he left,how was his life afterwards,how he found me and so on.He was genuinely sorry,I could see it.’

‘So?’

‘So…I don’t know.I just met him twice and I don’t think that I would met him again soon.’

Both of them sighed.Remembering how tense the atmosphere in their house lately.

‘Ugh,I hate this.I’ve always troubled you guys.’,Mir groaned,sick of the situation.

‘Yah,don’t say that.We were troubled because we care about you.’,Joon said.

Mir laughed and pretended to cringe at Joon’s sudden show of affection.

‘I wish you guys would stopped caring.’,Mir jokingly said.

‘In your dreams,maknae.’,Joon laughed a bit and got up to the kitchen.He poured a drink and walked back to the living room.

‘You know,I used to think that if I was not here,you guys could’ve live more…happily.’,Mir suddenly said.

‘You are here,Mir.And we are happy.’

‘I know.I just thought that maybe Seungho hyung could’ve been more successful and Byunghee hyung don’t have to work from home.And Cheondung hyung don’t have to move out.’

‘Yah,Seungho hyung couldn’t have his own company now if it wasn’t for you who suggest him to.Even if it’s a small company,it still a successful one.’,Joon said in a matter-of-fact tone.

‘Yeah,you’re right,hyung.I just told him that he looked the coolest when he fixes things.I was five.I doubted that he started the business because of a five years old opinion.’

‘Believe it or not.He actually did.’,Joon replied confidently.Mir gave him a ridiculous look.

‘What about Byunghee hyung then?Did he stayed at home because I told him that he was the greatest housewife ever?Cheondung hyung?He moved out because I told him he was more handsome when he was outside?’,Mir asked,testing Joon.

‘Byunghee hyung just don’t want to work with office hours.And Cheondung….I’m not sure about that kid,maybe he’s tired of Byunghee hyung’s nagging?And you’ve never said anything like that to them.’,Joon maintained his confident tone.

‘Byunghee hyung only nag at you,hyung.’,Mir already laughing at Joon’s series of weird statement.

Joon gave Mir an annoyed look.’Anyway,the conclusion is you are no trouble and Byunghee hyung is really annoying.’

‘Sometimes I really wonder why I talk to you about these things.You always not making any sense.’,Mir said while shaking his head and make his way to the kitchen.

‘Maybe that’s why.’,Joon answered proudly.

 

 

Seungho got out from his parked car.He already arrived at his home but he didn’t feel like going in.He walked down the road and bought some drinks.Then,he settled himself in a park near the house.He was staring at the sky while drinking when suddenly a voice interrupted his silence.

‘Are you drunk?’

Seungho looked around and found Byunghee standing beside his bench.

‘No,I’m not.I don’t drunk with coke.Thought you have a date?’,Seungho answered while giving Byunghee a space to sit.

‘Well,I called it off early.I guessed that when your mind is troubled,even girls could not sort it out.’Byunghee sat and reached for a drink.

‘Girls can’t,but a girl can.’,Seungho said,advising his playboy brother.

‘Whatever.’,Byunghee said half-heartedly.

‘I see you’ve been crying.’,Byunghee continued.

‘Is it that obvious?’,Seungho asked,frantically wiping his eyes.

‘Your eyes are red like hell.’

‘No wonder the kid at the store looked afraid just now.’,Seungho said,slightly smiling.

‘You always scared people with your face anyway.’,Byunghee stated.

Seungho ignored him and continued drinking.

‘You’ve met Eric hyung?’

Seungho nodded.

‘What did he say?’

Seungho took a deep breath and told Byunghee everything.Byunghee sighed,letting it sank.

‘Mir…do you think he will go…to-you know like-‘,Byunghee said,having trouble with his words.

‘I don’t know.I don’t know.’,Seungho said in despair.

Byunghee sighed and continued drinking.They sat there for a while,lost in their own thoughts.When both of them got home,Joon and Mir already slept in their own rooms.Both of them cleaned up and went to their beds for another sleepless night.

 

 

 


A/N:Part 2 is up!!Finally got time to update.Phew..Thanks for keep on reading and commenting! =3