The Front Row

Behind The Scenes ll EXO-M Interactive Game

 

~ DAY ONE ~

 

You decided to sit in towards the front of the lecture theatre, the row right behind Jessica and her gossiping minions.  You made yourself comfortable, and watched the other students slowly file into the theatre. Being the new kid was one of the top awkward situations you wanted to avoid. Having to stand up in front of a classroom full of judgemental young adults and giving an short yet unnecessary introduction about yourself, an introduction which no one listens to in the first place. Introducing yourself to a group of uninterested students was just the tip of 'new kid' scenario. FInding a place to sit and eat for lunch as well as working on group projects are what makes the life of the new kid scary and grim.  

"Eewww... What the hell is she wearing." You heard one of the minions whispered 

"I know right." The other minion retorted "that is like so totally gross."

You looked up out of curiousity, from what you could see the girl that they were referring to looked fine. She was in uniform just like everyone else, the only difference was the shoes, bag and accessories she wore. You kept scrutinising the girl, trying to figure out what exactly was 'so gross' about her outfit but you just couldn't. She must have felt your stare on her because she gave you a 'what the hell are you looking at' glare as she walked up the steps, moving past you. You haven't been in the lecture hall for more than five minutes and you've already made an enemy. Great job _____. Great job. You shifted uncomfortably in your seat and looked over at Jessica, waiting for her to make some kind of snarky remark, giving you some kind of hint to what exactly her friends were referring to but she was silently examining her finger nails.

"Oh my god. Look at that guy." The minion sneered " the standards of this school must have dropped if they let someone who looks like that in."

"Yeah." The other minion agreed, "like is it that hard lose like ten kilos and has he ever heard of a mirror?"

You looked at the guy. True, he wasn't the best looking guy out there; he had a rather large stomach that he tried to hide by tucking his shirt into his trousers and his hair looked like his hasn't brushed it in days. But behind the untidy hair and stomach could be a genuinely nice guy with a great personality. Not that judge one or judge two over there cared much for what was beyond his physical appearance.

"I bet you if you tripped him over right now, he probably won't be able to get up." The minion on the right laughed.

"Totally." The other minion began laughing out loud.

Their comments were harsh, which got you thinking, did they say anything about you and if they did, what did they say? 

"He's here." The minion on the right exclaimed and moved from her seat to the seat on the left.

True to the picture Hyeri showed you, prince number two came striding in, hand in pocket and bag swung over one shoulder, turning the room into his own personal runway. His walk oozed charisma, commanding the attention of everyone in the room including yours. You couldn't help but check him out or as you liked to call it, a physical analysis. He clearly had god given genes, from his staggering height to the proportion of his indifferent facial features. He wasn't overly muscular nor skinny. Your eyes met as he approached his seat, to say that it was a gaze was an overstatement. It was more of a once over look at the row of people sitting behind him and the look lasted no more than a second. Did you feel a spark? It was hard to say since you only had a second to process anything or could people feel sparks the milli-second their eyes lock?  

He took the seat next to her, placing his bag at his feet. You observed them. Would his cold, uninterested exterior turn into one filled with love and affection? Would she become one of those girls who are bubbly and aegyoy around their boyfriend? Would they PDA all over the place? Would they kiss? Hug? Hold hands? You waited to see if one of your guesses were right.

"Hey" she switched hands and examined her nails on her left hand.

"Hey" he replied with the exact same enthusiasm as she did and made himself comfortable in his seat.  

That was it? No hugs or kisses? They barely even looked at each other. If you had no idea who they were, you would've thought they were mere acquaintances. What a happy couple they must be.

You looked down at you lap just in time to feel the vibration of your phone.

 

* 1 new message *

Have you seen him yet?

Hyeri

 

God this girl was impatient. You quickly typed back a reply, 'no I haven't seen him yet.' You wonder if you should tell her that you were sitting right behind prince two but you decided against it, just in case she wanted visual proof. You were about to send the message when a group of guys howling and laughing burst through the doors. You looked up and saw about six or so guys hi-fiving each other, some had their arms around each other. 'The happy couple over there could pick up a things or two from these guys,' you thought to yourself.

As they proceeded up the steps past you, your eyes spotted a familiar face. Luhan? You continued to follow the person with your eyes all the way to their seat, just to confirm that the person you saw was actually Luhan. They all walked up to the seats and shoved each other into a random empty row in the centre. When they finally sat down, you could see that the guy was indeed Hyeri's prince charming. You were about to turn back around when you had an epiphany, the morning of entering the academy when you almost walked into a tree. You tried to recall the incident or more specifically the guy who saved you. He was slightly taller than you, handsome of course, large eyes with soft facial features... Your eyes widened in realisation as you looked over at Luhan. You wanted to crawl into a hole and never come out again. Why? Of all the people you could've bumped into did it have to be him? 

One of the guys spotted you staring at him and gave you a strange look. You quickly turned away in embarassment, silently cursing yourself. You silently prayed that he didn't tell Luhan that a weird girl was gawking at him from the front of the room. You tried to erase the embarassement by placing all your attention into typing a reply to Hyeri and occassionally listening in on the minion's critiquing panel. 

 

Yeah I saw him

______

*send*

 

You tucked your phone back into your pocket and focused your attention on the podium at the front of the room. "I wonder when the teacher is going to get here?" You muttered to yourself as you checked your watch; 8:45am.

"Is this seat taken?" a female voice asked, causing you look up from your watch.

"Oh... no" You slightly shifted to the side to make room for her to get to the seat next to yours.

"Thanks. I'm Krystal by the way." She sat down and extended a hand

"_________." You shook her hand

"I haven't seen you around before, are you new here?" Krystal asked as she placed her bag on the small table that comes attached to the seat.

"Yeah." You shifted uncomfortably in your seat. Was it really that obvious?  

She was going to ask you another question when a middle aged man dressed in a tailored dark navy suit, laptop tucked under his right arm walked towards the podium at the front of the hall. "Good morning everyone, I am professor Oh and I'll be taking you for Korean literature." Professor Oh had jet black hair that was neatly sleeked back. His steel brown eyes were covered by the black rimmed glasses that sat perfectly on his face. His lips were pursed as he placed his laptop on the podium, displeased with the amount of chatter being produced in the room. He clipped what you assumed is a small audio device between the second and third button of his white shirt before speaking. "As you all know, we accept eleven students from different schools each year and this year is no different. Sitting among you are this year's eleven." 

It felt like he was announcing to a league of assassins that there were traitors among them.

"And like every other year, I'll not be pointing out who they are to ensure that they have a smooth transition into the school year. Now would everyone like to open their laptops, we'll begin our lesson."

You watched as everyone pulled out either a slim notebook (laptop) or a tablet from their bag. No folders stuffed with unorganised papers, pens spilling out of pencil cases or tattered notebooks could be seen. You felt embarassed pulling out your laptop which looked like a dirty cement truck compared to their sleek sports car of a device. Oh well, at least you have a laptop. Placing your device on the small table, you opened it just like the professor had instructed. However, you had no clue to what to do next. You quickly glanced over to Krystal's screen and saw her open a new document which she labelled 'Korean Lit.' Oh... the professor Oh wanted you to take notes throughout the lesson. So you opened up a word document as well and typed 'Korean literature' as the heading.

Ten minutes into the lesson where professor Oh was explaining the period which greatly impacted Korean literature, a guy waltzed in through the doors. Everyone's attention was diverted from the teacher to the guy that just entered. "Nice of you to join us Mr Kim."

You looked at the guy and then turned to Krystal, "who is that?" You whispered.

"You don't know who he is?" She whispered back in disbelief.

Were you suppose to? Although he did look kind of familiar.

"Kim Myungsoo. You know who Kim Myungsoo is right?"

Oh... Prince number three. "Actor Kim Myungsoo?"

"Yeah, thats him."

You didn't know why but for some reason you felt an a-hole vibe coming off of him. Okay, so you're a bit hypocritical. You mentally scolded the two Jessica minions for judging people by their physical appearance, and now here you are labelling someone you don't even know an a-hole. Maybe it was the way he walked, strutting in with breath-taking arrogance, hands tucked in pockets, his unapologetic gaze fixed straight ahead. You always had a great dislike for people who didn't apologise for their wrong doings. 

Further into the lesson you and Krystal exchanged some more whispered conversation. You learnt that she was the same age as you and she transferred to this academy from the middle school that operated under the same board of directors. She wanted to pursue a career in the entertainment industry or more specifically the acting department of the entertainment world. Throughout the lecture, you could feel your phone vibrating non-stop against your thigh but promptly ignored it beause you didn't think anyone could hear the buzzing of the device. But you were wrong.

"Umm.. you're vibrating" Krystal whispered and pointed at your pocket.

"Sorry" you laughed embarassed, "I didn't think anyone could hear it." You discreetly pulled out your phone and checked who was causing the non-stop buzzing. God dammit Hyeri. 

"Parents?" Krystal asked

"No, it's just a friend." You slightly turned to the side to text Hyeri. Yeah, one hell of an annoying friend.

 

STOP TEXTING ME!! I'LL TALK TO YOU LATER

________.

*send*

 

Professor Oh summarised the main points of the class as the lesson approached the end. You could hear the chatter of students eager to get of class grow as the minutes ticked closer to eleven.

"We're going out for lunch after class. " Jessica turned in her seat to face Krystal. 

"Yeah"

She knows Jessica? No offense to Krystal but she didn't look like 'Jessica's friend material', you know the kind of girl who cares what a person is wearing or who they were status wise in the world. Your judgement sounded harsh but what could you think especially you had nothing to base your judgement on but those two sitting beside her. when you certain that she wasn't listening you turned to Krystal. "You know her?!"

"Yeah" she laughed "doesn't everyone?" She began to pack her things up, pulling out a laptop and placing it on the desk that came attached to the chair. "Wanna come to lunch with us?"

 

Your answer:

Sure *yes, a friend* ( coming soon ! )

Thanks but no thanks

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Long time no update guys. Thanks to all the new subscribers and like always I hope you enjoy this chapter. I'm hoping to get two more chapters out before Christmas Day. Thank you for being patient with me.