Bold Choice

Behind The Scenes ll EXO-M Interactive Game

 

"Fine..umm..mmm.... I choose this one." You pointed at the outfit that Hyeri preferred. Personally, you have never worn anything like it. Short tops that showed your midriff was never your cup of tea. So why the sudden urge to wear a cropped top, you may ask? Well, it was your party and this was probably the last time you'll see everyone together like this. Plus there's no harm in getting a little dressed up and it's only for one night.

"Awww..." Hyeri flung her arms around you, "my little ________ is all grown up now. Taking my advice and putting her s out on display." She sounded like a proud mother who just witnessed her child taking their first steps.

"There's a jacket, so nothing is out on display." You retorted.

"I'm only teasing you," Hyeri sang, taking the outfit to the check-out counter. "Don't get so worked up."

You walked around the store while you waited for Hyeri to pay. You were looking at the display mannique at the front of the store, when a guy who was awkwardly standing out in front of the store, surrounded by a circle of shopping bags caught your attention. It was Minho. Poor dude had to follow Hyeri around while carrying the party supplies as well as Hyeri's newly brought party outfit, which consisted of 7 pieces all brought from 7 different stores. So that was 8 bags plus an additional 7 bags, so he was basically carrying 15 bags in total. Poor guy. You offered to carry some to lighten his load but he declined, saying that it wasn't gentlemanly to let girls carry heavy bags.

"Okay, let's go." Hyeri handed you the bag with your outfit inside. "I hope you know how to walk in heels. Cause it would be embarassing to fall flat on your face at your own party."

"Wait.." You grabbed Hyeri's arm before she walked through the store door. "What about those?" You pointed to the seat covered with the outfits Hyeri organised.

"What about it?" Hyeri looked at you.

"Aren't we going to put them away?" You tried. This was an annoying habit that you kind of had. Everything you either borrowed or took must be returned to it's originally position. Like when you've just finished eating a meal at the food court in a shopping centre. You know how those meals are usually served on a plastic tray? Well, most people when they finish eating, they would leave the tray on the table for the cleaners to pack up. Nope, not you. It was in your nature to clean up after yourself. Even in restaurants, you feel obliged to stack the plates neatly so that it wouldn't be such a hassle when the workers came around to clean up. To clear things up, you don't have OCD or anything like that, you just didn't like people cleaning up after you.

"Hello? That's what the shop assistants are there for?" Hyeri looked at you like you've lost your mind. "Plus they can put my outfits on the mannequins, cause what they have on right now is soo not cute."

 

Hyeri was definitely not exaggerating when she said there was a lot of things to get done before the event began. The place was huge, both in height and length wise. How she managed to get the owner's parents to let her use this place was beyond your understanding. Your job was to set up the tables for the food and drinks. How did you get stuck with such a boring yet tedious job, you may ask? Well, for starters Hyeri knew that everyone helping out right now, had a mutual friendship with alcohol. She also knew that they lived by a 'do-whatever-I-want-whenever-I-want' motto, which meant that if they were in charge of the food/drinks, the food supplies would have shrunken by 50% and the alcohol would be non-existent.  

Hyeri left 2 hours before you, apparently looking hot and cute at the same time required a lot of time and patience. You decided to stay back a little while longer, to help finish the preparations. Its the least you could do since Hyeri and her friends paid for all the food and drinks. Minho also stayed behind to help you set up. The guy was pretty decent; he was easy-going, smart and he had a killer sense of humor. Too bad he only met two out of the six requirements on Hyeri's list. (Refer to Ch. Hyeri's list) Otherwise Hyeri would have given him some kind of chance to be her boyfriend and not her personal baggage handler.

"Aren't you the guest of honor or something like that?" Minho looked up from the crisps he was pouring into a bowl.

"If you mean the person they're throwing the party for. Then yes. That's me." You threw the empty bag of crisps into the bin before grabbing the next bag of crisps.

"Then shouldn't you be at home curling your hair or painting your nails?"

You laughed, "Look at me. Do I look like the painting my nails type of girl? I didn't even pick out the clothes I'm wearing." Oops, you weren't suppose to tell him that. Stupid. "Uhmm..umm...What I mean is that fashion and beauty is not my thing."

"Trust me, fashion and beauty is every girls 'thing'." Minho gave a knowing smile.

 

< The Party >

Maybe choosing this outfit rather than wearing something 'more you' was a bad idea. The bustier sat 4 centimeters above your belly button, exposing a rather large section of your midriff. Not only did you feel uncomfortable, you also felt cold. Even with the jacket on and zipped all the way up, you could still feel the midsummer night wind against your exposed skin. You shivered, you should've went with the sweater outfit. You didn't know how the other girls did it, they were wearing things that exposed their legs, arms, back, stomach and even chests but they weren't shivering. Heck, they didn't even look the tinist bit cold.

The house was already crowded with kids from your school and others that you've never seen before, by the time Hyeri arrived. Hyeri always arrived late to parties, even when they were her own and she was the host. However, the term she preferred to use was 'fashionably-late'. With her own words, "There's really no point arriving early to a party that you've spent hours getting ready for. Why? For starters, there would be no one there to admire or praise your outfit and by the time people start arriving the wow factor would have decreased. Therefore to make heads turn and initiate jealous stares you have to arrive thrity to an hour late to the party. That way everyone's attention would be on you."

The party was mainly centred around the outdoor pool, that was where most of the talking, eating, dancing and even swimming took place. The music was pumping out all the hit tunes at an incredibly loud volume. it was so loud that you could feel it pulsating in your chest. The backyard looked amazing with fairy lights streaming down and across the trees, they almost resembled stars.

You walked around the house for a bit, chatted to a few people and received the 'Oh my god congratulations' speech from everyone, including those who you've never seen before. After walking making your 4th round around the place you decided it was time to:

 

Go Home 

 

 

Eat some food ( Coming Soon ! )

 

 

Sorry for the long wait guys. The heat wave in Australia has literally melted my ideas and fried my brain. Thanks to all the new subscribers for subscribing. I hope this story meets all your expectations. Actually I hope this story meets everyone's  expectations :)