Another Man

Behind The Scenes ll EXO-M Interactive Game

 

 

You looked at the clock, 11:23 pm. 'God have you really been studying for that long?' You had already changed out of your uniform and into an oversized t-shirt and sweat pants.

You stretched your arms above your head and as a result a yawn came out. You leant to the right than to the left, feeling all the muscles in your back being stretched out and your spine being elongated. 'I wonder if mum is home yet?' You got up from your seat and walked down the stairs for a glass of water.

Yourr mum had always worked throughout the night, only because the family business required it. Your family, or in this case just you and your mum owned a nightclub in the Itaewon district. Nothing fancy or luxurious, it was a simple space with enough space for a bar, lounge area, dj booth and a dance floor. You hated the place, not only did it attract y old ahjusshis but the occupation also required your mother to wear the most revealing of clothes. Her closet was filled with mini skirts, little black dresses, tight tops with a plunging neckline. The only conversative piece of garmet in her wardrobe are her small assortments of trench coats and coats that ended right above the knee. Her shoe collection wasn't any better, it consisted purely of heels of no more than five inches and in every colour imaginable. Hyeri on the other hand loved your mum's shoe collection, of course.

You were pouring yourself a glass of water when the hallway lights and in came your mum, her heels in one hand and a man in the other. This was another reason you hated the club. Tonight was like most nights, where your mum would come home accompanied by a strange man who stay the night and disappear the next morning. The men that she usually brought home were those in suits, she believed that a man in a suit would also be a man with a big wallet. Your mum was obsessed with the idea of marrying a rich man, one who would be able to lavish her in pearls and diamonds. She pushed her obsession onto you, she wanted you to date a guy with a truck load of cash or a guy who would be next in line to inherit major companies or shares and stocks. Her obsession began when your father left your mother for a younger and curvy woman. She wanted to prove to her ex-husband that it was his lost, that he threw away a woman who was desired by rich men. This was also around about the same time her sense of fashion changed.

"Just go up the stairs and turn to your right. Make yourself at home and I'll be right with you in a minute." You mum gestured to the stairs.

The man looked over at you before turning and following your mother's directions, moving up towards the stairs.

When he was out of sight and out of the hearing range, you slammed your glass onto the counter. "Omma! Can you please stop bringing home these men."

"I think he could be the one _______-ah. His watch is from Hugo Boss and his suit looks of a pretty decent price." She didn't hear your protest "Wish omma good luck." She grabbed a bottle of wine and two glasses from the cupboard before walking up the stairs, to join her man.

You sighed, 'Please stop bringing these men to our house.' You washed the glass cup and placed it onto the rack next to the sink, letting it dry. You stood in front of the sink for a while, staring out the window into the dark blue night sky, "I'm begging you, please stop." You whispered softly before turning your back to the window and walking back up the stairs. From your description your mother sounds like a gold digging but she wasn't. No. You considered her bringing home men in suits as a long term side effect to the traumatic departure of your father. Yes, that was your conclusion.

When you entered your room, you grabbed your music player from your bag and plugged it into the stereo dock that sat beside your bed. No, you didn't do this to block the noises that would come from your mother's room. Not that there would be any noises since every bedroom had sound proof walls, yours included. You plugged in your music player because that was how you fall asleep at night. Ever since you could remember, you had always fallen asleep while listening to music.

 

The rest of the week consisted of you studying for the scholarship program's exam. You submitted the application in to your teacher, who looked very pleased with your decision. Every morning at school, Hyeri would come bounding in with a lunch box, which she made herself, stuffed full of fruits, nuts and vegetables. According to her, these lunch boxes that she would bring you every morning, aids in multiplying the neurons in your brain as well as detoxing your body. But what you found to be delightful was that Hyeri hadn't mention a single word about you and Chen. Not that there was aYOU AND CHEN.

"You know, Chen hasn't been to school for a week." Hyeri exclaimed while examining the polish on her nails.

You shot her a look, "I thought you said you wouldn't bring him up."

"I didn't say that." Hyeri looked up from her nails, "I said I wouldn't talk about you and Chen together. I didn't say I wouldn't talk about him. There's a difference ______. A difference."

"And why are you telling me this?" You asked

"Thought you might want to know... and maybe you know where he is." Hyeri nudged at your arm.

You swatted away her nudging arm, "how would I know where he is...." You trailed off suddenly recalling something.

'See you in two weeks'

"You know something don't you?" She pointed her finger accusingly at you.

You swatted her finger away also, "I know nothing." You looked straight ahead hoping that she wouldn't question you any further and to your surprise she didn't.

"Oh well..." She shrugged her shoulders "the less unimportant things you have in your brain, the more space there is for all that studying. The exam is in two days right?"

"Yep" You nodded. In two days your future will be decided. I wonder what would happen if you didn't past....  Well for starters, Hyeri would probably never speak to you again, it was either that or she would make your life a living hell.

 

The Big Day

 

 

 

I don't think I'll be able to update tomorrow guys, you can thank my year 12 formal for that. The funny thing is, I'm more nervous for this event than when I had to do my exams. Is there something wrong with me?

Anyway Thank you to all the new subscribers :)