Boo

Behind The Scenes ll EXO-M Interactive Game

 

 

You decided to ignore his presence and continue to the nurse's office. You held your head up high, straightened your shoulders and looked straight ahead, your eyes filled with determination. 'Focus _____. Focus. Just pretend he is not there, you can do this ______.' You encouraged yourself.

You held your breath as the two of you crossed paths. 'Just look straight ahead ______. Just look straight ahead.' You managed to walk pass him without any contact; no eye contact, no verbal contact and definitely no physical contact. You let out a sigh of relief, exhaling all your worries and panic. You adjusted the straps on your bag and continued walking down the hallway with a little skip in your stride.

You pondered over whether to text Hyeri about your encounter with Chen. If you did text her, she would either make a big deal out of it and say things like 'you belong with Chen, Kim _______, awww its Mr and Mrs Kim... yadi yadi ya' but If you didn't text Hyeri, the encounter, even if there was no contact; would be eating away at your brain for the rest of the day, until you would eventually spill the beans to Hyeri. Either way, you were bound to tell Hyeri no matter which option that you chose. You decided to text Hyeri, might as well get teased through text than later when you see her in person. You pulled out your phone from the front pocket of your bag and began typing. You were so absorbed in texting about the incident that you didnt notice that someone was following close behind you.

"Boo" a soft voice caressed your neck with warm breath, sending shivers down your spine.

"OH MY GOD!" you yelped, spinning around and hitting the guy square in the face.

 

- A few seconds later -

 

"I'm so sorry. I didnt mean to hit you." you apologised for the hundredth time. You sounded like a broken tape recorder that was stuck playing the same line over and over again. But you couldn't help it, it was one of your habits, to apologise a million times despite others constant reassurance.

"and like i said I'm okay." he smiled.

"But your cheek... doesn't it hurt?" you asked worriedly.

"Umm... not really." He rubbed the back of his neck "You don't exactly hit hard."

You didn't know whether to be relieved or hurt by the comment. I guess you would be relieved... I mean you actually punched Chen in the face. You punched your crush IN THE FACE! 

"So where were you going before you smacked me in the face?" Chen asked staring straight down the hallway with both his hands in his trouser pockets.

"Nurse's office." You answered matter of factly.

His eyes immediately ran up and down your body before stopping on the area of your uniform where the brownish stain was situated.

"It's not what it looks like" You reassured him, just in case he thought that you peed yourself. "Our experiment went wrong and I ended up getting exploded on." You wiped the dried up stain on the front of your uniform.

He nodded understandingly. "You're not hurt are you?" He examined your uniform again.

You shook your head in response."I'm fine." You felt uncomfortable under his gaze and wanted nothing more than to get away from it.

"So... what do you have now?" You asked, trying to make conversation and drawing his attention away from the stain.

"Well I just had maths and I have free period next  What about you?" 

"I have English next." You lied. You didn't mean to lie, it was almost like a defense mechanism and also the idea of spending your entire free period with the guy kind of scared you. Okay, I know what you're probably thinking. He is a guy, what could you possibly be scared of. Well, for starters, the 'guy' happens to be your crush and the second reason is the guy is your CRUSH! What could be more scarier than spending an hour with your crush? Wait, what the hell are you saying? Chen isn't your crush. You don't have a crush on Chen. You don't even like him in that kind of way. 'Stupid ______. Stupid. Stupid. Stupid.Stupid.' You mentally scold yourself.

"Hey where are you going?" Chen held you by the arm, stopping you in your tracks.

You looked at him curiously then down to the hand that was still holding onto your arm. "Ahem..." You coughed and gently shook the arm with the Chen's hand latched onto it.

"Oh, sorry" He quickly retracted his arm and pointed to the plaque on the door, "weren't you going to the nurse's office?"

Right. That was so embarassing, you completely walked passed the nurse's office and you didn't even realise it. This is all Chen's fault. If he wasn't taking up so much space in your mind you wouldn't have missed your stop. 'Alright, think _____. Think of something to say. An excuse. A lie. Anything. Just have an explanation for why you just walked pass the door to the nurse's office. A reason other than the fact that you were thinking about Chen and got distracted.

"Oh was it here? Didn't it use to be down there somewhere?" You pointed to some random door down the corridor. Chen looked to where you were pointing to.

You mentally face palmed yourself, was that was the best lie you could've come up with? "I guess not." You laughed hoping that you didn't look like a complete idiot. You wanted to escape the awkward situation as quick as possible. You grasped the door handle, with full intentions of walking into the office but you were held a warm hand held you back.

"Is something wrong?" You asked furrowing your brows. 'Did I drop something?'

"Ummm.. do you want me to wait for you out here?" He offered "I mean I can if you want, cause I have nothing else to do."

"It's okay" You smiled "I can handle it from here." There was no way you were going to let him wait for you outside the nurse's office. No way in hell.

"Okay, just don't punch the nurse in the face" He joked before waving goodbye.

Finally he was gone. You pulled open the door to the nurse's office and stepped inside. The nurse gave you another set of uniform to change into, placing the old ones in a plastic bag so you could wash it at home. 

 

 

Go to the library