Five

Spent

Minzy sat staring at the sleeping body before her. It looked fragile with the IV hooked into it and other wires that connected to the body to make sure everything was stabilized. Not only was the body fragile looking, it was thin, sickly thin. She cringed at how the body looked like it was nothing but skin and bone.

Minzy raised an eyebrow as she watched the hand slightly twitch as if trying to wake. But she reached out and held it still. "Don't wake up it is better off this way. Let me go and rest." Brushing her hand onto her sleeping face a tear fell from her eyes, "Rest my poor body. I've put you through enough."

Standing to her feet she quietly moved out of the hospital room. Standing in the middle of the hall she glanced all around her watching people rush by her. It was as if time was going at her pace. Letting her feet touch the cool floor she made her way towards the stairs. Taking her sweet time, she let one foot follow the other up to the top. It was there that she pushed at the door and allowed the cool breeze wrap around her. It amazed her that she could feel such sensations in this state, whatever this state or circumstance was, she stepped out onto the roof. Holding herself as she shivered in her hospital gown, she found herself at the ledge. The city lights took her breath away. They glistened so beautifully, she had wondered when the last time she had stopped to notice such beauty that every day people took for granted.

Grinning she pushed herself up on the ledge giving her an even more glorious view of the night life of Seoul. Another breeze brushed against her, causing her to close her eyes and take it in. Opening her arms out, she let out a content sigh of being hugged by Mother Nature.

"I love coming up here to think too," a familiar voice echoed in her mind. Opening an eye, she notices Seungri sitting comfortably with his feet dangling over the ledge. "Believe me, I've thought of jumping multiple times."

"And why haven't you," she asked as she sat next to him.

He shrugged his shoulders as he stared out into the scenery, "I was waiting for you."

"Waiting for me? What do you mean," she was confused at what he was getting at.

He chuckled as he pressed his index finger against her temple, "Figure it out. I thought you were a smart girl."

"Minzy," a voice echoed throughout the skies, making her glance around to see no one. "Minzy," the voice called her again.

Seungri sighed as he stood and began to walk back towards the door. "Where you going," she panicked and quickly followed suit. Grasping onto his wrist, she made him stop in his tracks, "Stop trying to leave me! Seungri where are you going?"

He sighed before yanking at her grasp to pull her into his arms, "Don't throw your life away. Minzy I can't rest when you keep doing what your doing." Holding her trembling body tighter he kissed the top of her head, "I forgave you long ago now it's time for you to forgive yourself."

His words shook her to the core as she stood holding him with all her strength. Though she wanted to ask him how, she was swallowed in her emotions as she sobbed into his chest. She was too overwhelmed in the moment that she was finally, after so long, in his arms.

"C'mon," he softly spoke as he took her hand in his.

Letting him take the lead, she squeezed his hand to let him know she truly missed his touch. In response, he glanced back and grinned as he squeezed her hand back. This small gesture caused a small pain within her chest. Placing her free hand over her chest, she wondered exactly what the pain was. But the pain continued to increase as they neared her room. It soon became too much as she stopped him from reaching out to the door handle.

"Wait," she breathed as she released his hand and grasped her chest with both hands. It felt as though something was about to burst out of her chest. "It...hurts..." she didn't know how to explain it as she leaned against the wall.

He nodded as if he understood what she was feeling and took her hands into his, "It's time to face the root of all your pain." Kissing the top of her hands he have them encouraging squeeze before turning back to the door.

"No," she breathed as Seungri pushed her through the door and closed it. "No," she screetched at the of all the pain she was experiencing. She tried to open the door, but it wouldn't budge. Pounding on the door and jiggling the handle, she screamed in pain for Seungri. Pleading and begging for mercy. But the pain was just too much for her to take as she fell to her knees. Screaming out in pain, she dropped on the floor and assumed fetal position.

"Minzy," the voice that echoed from earlier, but she refused to look as she held herself. "Minzy," the voice grew louder and sounded more persistant. "Minzy..."

"What," she growled as she shot a glare to be meet by familiar eyes. Freezing in place, all feelings and sensations went numb. Standing to her feet, she stood tongue tied with the person who stood before her.

Minzy stood face to face with herself. She watched herself smirk and guessed she probably held a shocked look on her own face. Feeling her face, her replica stood in place holding that same smirk. It was as if she was enjoying the fact that her real self was in total shock.

"Who...wha..." she could remember how to form a complete sentence as she watched her replica move towards her.

"I'm you. Just a little better looking," her clone chuckled darkly as she began to work circles around her.

Minzy shook her head as she turned to face her replica or whatever she was, "I...what do you want from me?"

Her clone shrugged as she folded her arms over her chest sizing her up, "I don't know. Why don't you tell me why you're talking to yourself?"

"This is insane," she breathed as she placed her hand against her forehead.

"Not as insane as your train of thinking. Seriously, you should be locked up in an insane asylum. You need help." Minzy glare at herself as she clenched her fists, "What are you gonna hit me? Or better yet try and kill me? Honey you've done it multiple times but never followed through with it. Do you know why?"

"Why," she asked through clenched teeth.

She watched herself reach out to her and pointed her index finger at her chest, "You're too scared to really die. You know damn well that the real Seungri would never forgive you in the after life. Stop trying to think other wise when you know and feel you'll never receive his forgiveness." Minzy trembled at her cruel blunt words. They were like daggers aiming straight for the heart. "Do you honestly think that Seungri would love you after your pathetic ways of trying to reach out to him. You know better Minzy. Stop trying to proclaim your love through suicidal attempts, they're getting old."

"What do you suggest then? I don't want to live and I don't want to die. What I'm a supposed to do," she pleaded to herself for some kind of answer to relieve her of her troubled mind and heart.

She watched her replica sigh heavily before turning to the side and revealing her answer. Minzy bit her lower lip as she stepped forward to her sleeping form. Her mind and heart were in two different places as she stood staring down at herself. With trembling hands she reached out and placed her hand onto her cheek. Tears started to well in her eyes as her hands found their way around her sleeping form's neck. Closing her eyes, tears started to spill over as she tightened her grip. Grasping her neck tighter and tighter, she ignored the heart monitor beeping like crazy. Glaring at her sleeping form twitching to wiggle out of her grasp, she straddled herself to get a better grip. Nurses soon came rushing in and began to swarm her sleeping body that was trying to fight her. With one hard squeeze she screamed feeling the pain in her neck. Stopping for a brief moment, she continued her deed of strangling herself. She was in a crazed state as she continued to scream and shout at her sleeping form.

Minzy froze as her sleeping form took her wrists and snapped open her eyes. As their eyes connected time stopped and so did her heart. Their eyes spoke words their mouths weren't able to speak. It was in that moment everything seemed to make sense as the pieces fell together. Those eyes glistened in a way she wasn't expecting. Those eyes were pleading, no begging, for her to see and feel what was truly in her heart. Slowly releasing her grasp around her neck, she cupped her tear filled face staring up at her. Nodding in understanding a small grin formed at the corner of her lips before she bent down and embraced herself.

Minzy shot up with her eyes wide open from the shock of the defibrillator. She screamed at the searing pain serging throughout her body. Panick and confusion quickly invaded her mind as she took in her surroundings. Tears trickled down her face as nurses helped her lay back down. "It hurts...it hurts..." she kept mumbling through her plea for them to ease the pain.

 

 

Author's Notes:

Alright hopefully this chapter wasn't too confusing for your all. If it was, I apologize. To summarize the meaning of this chapter it's that we are our own greatest enemy. Though we feel like we don't know the answer it is in our breaking points that we break through to a clearer understanding. And if that doesn't make sense I apologize it's the best I can explain it at this moment. My way of thinking is a bit weird haha. Thanks for reading and commenting!