Two

Spent

His eyes burned right through her, as if accusing her of being so pitiful. Could she be anymore pathetic as she raced for him as he walked out on her? With streams of tears falling as she continued to run to him, to only cause more distance between them it seemed useless. But she kept running and crying out for him as he faded into the distance. No matter how drugged up she was, Minzy never failed to have the same nightmare repeating over and over again. Whether awake or asleep she could never escape him. But nevertheless the pills were strong and forced her to sleep through them each night.

Minzy awoke a little light headed, just like she had fallen asleep. Her eyes fluttered open as she turned to see Seungri's sleeping face next to her. She shook her head as she tossed the covers over his face and sat up. Today was already too long for her as she got up to take a shower for work that day.

 

"Hey Minzy how was your weekend," her secretary asked as she handed her her cup of coffee.

"Thank you," she accepted the cup as she continued to head towards her office. "The same as every weekend. What do you have for me today," she asked as she took a seat at her desk.

"I just need you to sign these," a stack of papers were placed in front of her.

Minzy sighed as she nodded, "Alright thank you. Is there anything else?"

The secretary looked down at her notes to review the day, "Your presentation is scheduled today at 2pm."

"Okay make sure everything is set up," she nodded at the various employees before entering her domain. "and also to not let anyone bother me as I try to attempt to make a dent in this large pile you gave me," she said placing her hand onto them. The secretary nodded in understanding as she left to carry out the tasks that Minzy had asked her to do. Minzy sighed as she reached into her top drawer to find an empty pill bottle. She frowned as she quickly dialed her therapist's number.

"Hello?"

"Good morning doctor," Minzy tried to sound as enthusiastic as she could.

"Minzy?"

She chuckled at how easily her therapist was able to recognize her voice, "Yes..."

There was a sigh as he cut her off, "Minzy do you need to see me today?"

It was kind of hurtful to hear him sigh into the phone as she answered, "Umm yeah."

"Okay well..." he paused as if thinking of what to say before he continued. "I'm going to need you to bring all your pill bottles with you."

Her stomach tightened feeling a little worried at his request, "Uh I only need one refill."

"Okay, well just bring the other bottle along with you so we can have a session as well."

"Oh," she inwardly sighed feeling relieved. "Alright I can do that."

"Okay I'll see you tonight at seven."

"See you then, thank you doctor." Minzy grinned to herself feeling grateful that she was not only going to be getting a refill, but a little session to help give her somewhat a peice of mind.

 

Though Minzy had been signing and revising papers left and right, it seemed like she had only scratched the surface as it came time for her presentation. She stared out to her employees that all sat around the table chatting away as she took her place at the head of the table to begin the meeting. "I'd like to thank you all for coming to this meeting today," Minzy started to calm the chattering. "Today I would like to talk about the upcoming magazine shoot," she turned and hit the clicker to reveal the possible cover of their next issue. "The next coming month I want to try something new and fresh," she turned to look to her audience to come face to face with Seungri. It startled her to see him appear at her work place. He had never appeared there, but all of the sudden he was there right in front of her with a smug look on his face.

"Uh, Minzy," her secretary whispered to get her attention. Minzy gazed over to her secretary who gave her a questioning look as if everything was alright.

She nodded as she turned her gaze to the screen as she continued her presentation, "It's all about new beginnings..."

"I wish I had a new beginning," Seungri called out to her making Minzy pause once again. "I wished for a lot of things that were supposed to happen between us, but I guess they never did." Minzy bit her lower lip as she tried her best to refocus her attention, but Seungri continued with his hurtful words, "I wish things were differently. Don't you Minzy? Minzy? Minzy," he continued to say her name louder each time until it felt as if he was shouting right in her ear.

"Minzy," her secretary said as she lightly shook her.

She shook her head as she looked over to her secretary, "Umm...can you finish this presentation. I'm not feeling so well."

"Okay," her secretary said in understanding as Minzy handed her the clicker before making her way out of the room.

 

Minzy rushed into the restroom and quickly turned the faucet on before splashing cool water onto her face. Taking deep breaths she splashed more cool water onto her face before staring at her reflection in the mirror. Her skin was paler and her face thinner from the past months of torture. "You don't look so good Minzy," Seungri shook his head as he leaned up against the stall behind her. She glared hard at him through the mirror before she reached for a paper towel to dry her face and make her way out.

 

Walking into her house she went straight for her bottle of meds and downed it with a little water, "!" Shaking the bottle, it was empty along with her day pills.

"Looks like someone is out," Seungri chuckled as he stood next to her. Sighing as she continued to sooth herself with the fact that she was going to see the therapist in a few hours, she jumped into bed and wrapped the covers around her. "Going to sleep already? What an old lady," he chuckled as she raised her middle finger at him before shutting her eyes.

 

Luckily the pill were able to knock her out until it was time for her to see her therapist. Making her way up to his office with both bottles in hand she greeted the receptionist who allowed her to wait in his office. Letting out a sigh of relief as she entered, she made herself comfortable on the couch as she aimlessly gazed around the room as she awaited the therapist.

"Minzy it's good to see you," he called as he walked into the office.

"Doctor Seunghyun how are you," Minzy smiled as she stood to shake his hand before taking her seat once again.

"Did you bring me the bottles like I asked you too?"

She nodded as she happily gave him both bottles, "I'm going to need them both refilled."

"Both," he asked somewhat shocked.

"I know, but I've been needing more pills as of lately."

"Why?"

She sighed as she glanced away, "I see him everywhere I go and..."

"And what?"

"And he's always taunting me in everything I do. I just want him to leave," she frowned as she looked to her therapist for help.

He nodded as he picked up his note pad and took a seat across from her, "Tell me more about this taunting."

As Minzy was telling the various experiences she's had during the week, Doctor Seunghyun nodded with a few grunts to have her continue. It didn't both her too much, since he's done this every session so far, but it wouldn't hurt to have him say a comment or two.

"So in other words I just think I'll need more medications and I'll be fine," she grinned at her conclusion of it all.

"Hmm..." he didn't say anything as he jotted some notes down before the room went quiet. "Minzy I think we need to try something different."

"Okay and what would that be," she pleaded more so than asked.

He sighed as he held up her bottles, "You aren't going to use these."

She nodded as she continued to look at him curiously, "Okay, so what will I be using then?"

He pointed at her as he grinned, "Yourself."

"What?"

He nodded as he explained, "Minzy I think you've become too dependant on your meds. I want you to try to go through the rest of this week without them."

"Are you crazy," she squeaked as she stood on her feet. "No, no, NO! I need my meds!"

He shook his head as he calmly spoke, "Minzy can you please sit down so I can further explain." Biting her lower lip she reluctantly sat back down as he continued. "I want you to talk this out with Seungri."

"But..."

He gave her a stern look before continuing, "I want you to talk with Seungri and figure things out. I feel like this is the only way to get him out of your head."

"Well what about what I will feel without my meds?! Don't you see how much of a mess I am with my meds and that's a good thing. Doctor please, just give me..."

"Minzy just for this week I need you to try this and that's final," he said as he stood to leave.  

 

Minzy felt sick to her stomach as she dragged herself home. She couldn't believe what had just happened as she laid onto her bed feeling so lonely and insecure. Letting the tears stain her pillow, she cried as she tried to think of a way to get through the next three days.

 

 

Author's Notes:

Dang it, the due date of the contest is tomorrow. WHY?! Well I'm going to be cranking out this fic today in hopes to get this done. If not I'm going to have to drop out. Sad story haha. But thanks for reading and subscribing! <3