One

Spent

Minzy quietly sipped on her hot cup of coffee as she starred out the window. She sat mesmerized by the sun that started to peek over the mountain tops to welcome a new day. Grinning to herself, she hoped that maybe today would be different from every other day. With the first rays of hope shining through her window a small smile started to form at her lips. The sun along with the cup of coffee was filling her with the encouraging warmth.

A sudden crash with the sound of shattering glass following cut all rays of hope. The smile forming soon faded as she picked up her coffee and made her way out of the house before things became too chaotic.

 

Minzy walked through the streets letting her feet carry her anywhere and everywhere, just as long as she was away from home. She went from the park to various street shops and back to the park. Sighing as she sat upon a bench, she watched the small children running all over the place. This helped her take courage yet again as she heard their laughter and squeals echoing as they played. A small child ran past her with his arms flung above his head as he ran with another child chasing after him. She grinned as she watched the pair run all directions on the playground. She was amazed to see the hyper children continuously running with little to no breaks.

Shouting brought her out of the daze the children had put her in. Various shouts from behind made her stiffen as they grew louder and closer. Minzy didn’t dare look back as she arose to her feet and began to stroll away.

 

Before she realized it, the sun was quickly fading away behind the mountains again. Though she knew it was best to head home right away, she decided to be a little rebel and take a short detour. Walking into a random convenient store, she picked up some gum and popped a piece into as she paid for the pack.

Stretching the gum over her tongue as she took her sweet time home, she heard a muffled cry as she neared her home. Ignoring the pathetic cry for help, she took a deep breath before entering the hell hole called home.

 

Minzy quickly dodged the glass vase that was sent her way and looked just in time to see it shatter into pieces. She stepped over a pile of what looked like clothing and various belongings to someone, walking into the kitchen.

She flipped on the lights just in the nick of time to see a hole being punched in the wall by the refrigerator. Rolling her eyes, she made her way to cupboards to find them empty. She sighed as plates and bowls were being broken against the tile floor. She made a mental note to herself to get some groceries and maybe a plate or bowl as she walked to the garage to lock the door.

The car alarm went off followed by loud banging. Turning away from the annoying sounds, she then locked the front door before she made her way up the cluttered stairway.

Finding herself in the bathroom, she frowned at the cracked mirror as she brushed her teeth. When she felt content that her teeth where cleaned, she made her way to her bedroom to be met with glass and torn photos littering her floor. Tossing her keys onto the dresser that had the drawers pulled out, she turned to look through the scattered clothing in her closest and picking a random t-shirt with shorts. She changed her clothing, even though there was shouting and screaming going on.

Taking a seat at the edge of her bed she shook her head ashamed that her room looked as if a tornado had hit it multiple times. She gazed over to her night stand and grinned at the small bottle. Tonight the shouting and screaming were a little too much for her as she took an extra pill with her usual dosage and chasing it with the leftover water from the previous night. She gasped at the sensation of the water filling her stomach as she fell back onto her bed to await the effects of the pills.   

“So this is your way of coping?” She ignored the accusation as she hoped the pills would kick in faster. “Minzy don’t you think it’s pathetic? Look at you, it’s pretty sad,” he shook his head.

“Well what the hell do you want me to do,” she hissed feeling upset at herself for giving in as always.

“I don’t know, you tell me,” he said as he towered over her. She sighed as she looked up at him not saying a word as he continued to look down at her.

Minzy shrugged her shoulders as if she could care less, “I don’t know.”

“There you go again,” he sighed deeply before scratching his head.

“Look, it’s been a long day. Let’s fight another day,” she waved her hand in the air at him as if to make him leave.

“What? And leave you like this,” he shook his head as he grabbed her wrist to pull her in a sitting up position.

“Don’t touch me,” she glared at him as she broke free of his grasp. “Just leave me alone alright?! I have to take these ing pills to sleep because of how mental you’ve made me!”

“What,” he coughed a laugh at what she was saying.

“Every ing day is the ing same! I can’t take it anymore,” she shouted as she stood on her feet even though she was a bit light headed.

“What do you mean?”

She pushed at his chest to back him away from her as she glared at him, “You know what I mean! You’ve drove me to the point where I can’t tell if I’m really talking to you or not.”

“What the hell are you going on about?”

“YOU,” she pointed at him. “I want you out of my mind Seungri!" She pushed her index finger against her temple as she continued to shout at him, "Everywhere I go all I seem to see is of us arguing like no tomorrow. I can’t even start my day with a small cup of coffee before I hear myself tossing the vase at you to barely miss your head and shatter behind you!”

“So you’re blaming this all on me?”

Minzy paused as she thought about his words, she never really thought about that. “I…I should.”

“But where does that leave you?”

She shook her head not wanting to hear his mind games. She was never good at it, resulting in her tossing and throwing anything and everything she could get her hands on. Placing her hands over her ears she shouted at the top of her lungs to block out his voice. Closing her eyes shut, she ignored the fact that he was only a breath away from her shouting at her to listen to him.

“NO! Not tonight! I’m not going to let you win tonight,” she kept repeating to herself as she crouched down onto her knees.

“LISTEN TO ME,” he shouted as she clasped her hands tighter around her ears.

She shook her head as she kept repeating to herself the same words, “NO! Not tonight! I’m not going to let you win tonight!”

Minzy found the strength to overcome him that night as she crawled up onto her bed and held herself. Holding herself she held in the tears that threatened to escape her eyes. She didn’t know how she was going to survive tomorrow night, seeing as tonight he came awfully close to breaking her once again.

 

Author's Notes:

I free wrote this to Lee Hi's new song rose. thanks for reading and subscribing! <3