~LET'S BARGAIN~

Wanted: Inspiration

 

Chapter 2

“What? They’re pulling back recording?” they retorted in unison.

“Wae?” Yongguk asked for them.

“Well….there are some other groups using the recording studio and well….. we’ll have to move it.” Their manager said.

“We can’t. We already announced it.” Himchan said.

“Well….”

“What if we find another studio? Will that be alright?” Youngjae asked.

“I guess..... but where would you guys find another studio? And plus, we don’t have a producer….” All of them stayed silent.

“Give me a list of all the recording studios here in Seoul, we’ll go there and ask if we can record our music.” Yongguk said initiatively.

Zelo looked at his hyung in awe. He really respected Yongguk as a leader. He was really passionate about writing his music and the kind of music he wanted to convey to his fans. He was moralistic and knew what to do with the group. Zelo really looked up to him.

When Yongguk came with the list, he faced s and gave them the look of a leader. The type who knew what he was doing. “Let’s go.”

“Yeah!” the shouted in unison.       

 

 

 

 

“Aigoooo….” Seulki was a part time music producer for indie artists. She’s worked with a lot of artists and some of the indie music she produced became number one hits. It was another boring day at the studio, hearing another wanna be singer belching his voice out without even producing any tinge of emotion on the song he was singing. It didn’t inspire her in the least bit, how the hell will this even inspire the masses?

She clicked the stop button. “Take a break. This is the tenth time you’ve shown me no emotion into your singing. Do you expect me to put this in a cd? What kind of message are you conveying huh? That you’re empty? Don’t give me that crap. Come back after you’ve figured out what you want to do with the song.”

The singer scowled at her and left the recording studio.

She sighed. “Seriously, mom doesn’t pay me as much.”

“Excuse me, Seulki-shi.” She turned.

“Yeah?” she answered.

“There are people asking if you can record their upcoming album.” The worker said.

“Thanks for stating the obvious, what is it they really want?” she rubbed her temples.

“We want you to produce our next big hit.” A deeper voice spoke.

Her eyes looked stunned to see six guys she didn’t expect would ever step foot in her record studio. She looked at Zelo who was also shocked to see her. “Junhongie” she smiled.

Zelo looked surprised. “Why is she here?”

“Obviously, cause I’m a producer here. Wae? What are YOU doing here? Having second thoughts about my offer?” she smirked.

“Offer?” Both Daehyun and Youngjae looked at Zelo. Zelo shook his head. “Its just nothing hyung.” He denied. Seulki smirked, looking amused. “Anyways, you want me to produce your next album, I’d be glad to do it. I’ll even do it with a discount. Three times less than the fee you’re given with other producers.” She offered.

They all smiled. “Really?” Himchan said.

“Yeah but I have one condition.” Seulki added.

“Alright hyung, I think there are still more recording studios out there how about we try them.” Zelo tried to lead them out but they wouldn’t budge which left Zelo defeated.

“What’s the catch?” Yongguk asked.

“You have to let me make Zelo my boy toy until I finish my novel.”

Their jaw dropped.

“WHAT?!?!” the other five shouted in unison.

“Done.” Himchan said.

“What?” Zelo exasperated.

“Come on Zelo, what harm can one girl do to you. I bet you she’s just going to ask you to hold her hand.” Yongguk smacked hHimchan on the head. “Idiot, what if it turns into a scandal?” Yongguk said.

“I’ll be discreet plus if the word goes out, my family can handle it. They know how to manage rumours regarding my brother anyways, they can do the same for you.” Seulki explained.

“You’re brother?” Youngjae repeated.

“Exo-k’s Park Chanyeol.” Seulki replied. “I sometimes record songs for Exo if they need me to. I give them double discount but since I’m desperate to finish my newest novel I’m giving you triple.” She flashed a three sign. “So, what do you say?”

“Hyung,” Zelo faced them. “Have mercy on me.”

“No Mercy right?” Seulki added, grinning.

“Deal.”  Yongguk finally said.

“Alright.” She smiled. “Let’s get you guys started then.”