~PERMANENT CHARACTER~

Wanted: Inspiration

Chapter 7

Yongguk told Seulki to meet at a café. She waited patiently as she sipped on her frapuccino.While waiting, she decided to turn on her laptop and start typing. Thoughts came into her head as she typed away all her fantasies and descriptions. She checked her cellphone.

Where was Yongguk oppa? It was unusual for him to be late.

It didn’t seem like it was his character to keep a person waiting.

“Seulki?” another familiar voice came. It wasn’t Yongguk’s that’s for sure.

She looked up and saw her other experiment. The guy before Zelo. The one who wasn’t as obsessed as the other one. Jo Yongshin.

“Yongshin-ah” she said his name in surprise.

He smiled at her shocked face. “You’re still writing huh? Who’s you’re new inspiration? Is he as good-looking as me?”

“Conceited as always aren’t you?” Seulki said.

He laughed and sat across her. “How are you babe? You haven’t contacted me at all…..After your best seller, I’ve had no contact from you whatsoever.” He twirled her hair which to her dismay, pissed her off. She was uncomfortable with this guy, she didn’t know why. He was a good story at first, the competent guy and a girl with low self-esteem. It was a great story, with unique events she could think of. After the pages were written, he came off as a conceited bastard that needed attention. She hated it. That’s why she avoided him.

“I’m sorry. I was busy.” She lied.

He knew that but continued to look at her with that hateful expression. “You haven’t changed at all Seulki,” he said. “Cold and calculating as usual. Why didn’t you just break up with me cleanly?” He started touching her hand. “So I know how you feel.” A smile crept his lips.

She was about to slap it away when suddenly…

“I’m sorry but her current experiment doesn’t want you touching her…” her heart skipped a beat when she saw Zelo. His eyes were hard to read but it was him. She didn’t know what she was feeling. She could barely breathe at that moment. It was like Beast’s Soom was playing except their story wasn’t as complicated.

“Junhong-ah.” She muttered his name.

“So this is the new guy,” Yongshin smirked. “Watch out for this chick, you might be the next one she’ll throw out in the garbage.”

He blinked.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“Oh….” Yongshin looked at her with an evil grin. “You know what I’m talking about.”

Seulki looked away, for the first time in her life, feeling ashamed. Why was she feeling like this? She had been shameless all her life. She knew these things would happen eventually and she didn’t care. She usually had a good remark to cover it all up, but with Zelo. She felt ashamed for what she had done.

“Did you know,” Yongshin continued. “Seulki and I never broke up. She didn’t call me, text me or see me after her book was published. If I were you, I’d run away now while I still have the chance.”

Seulki turned empty. Hearing those words. Seeing Zelo hear the words. What would he think? She was afraid of what he thought.

“You haven’t broken up huh?” Zelo pulled her closer. She was surprised when his lips met hers. Time froze for her. When he finally pulled away, she stared at him, not believing what had happened. She blinked. She wanted to slap herself to know if she was dreaming. Zelo looked at Yongshin. “Now, you have.” He closed Seulki’s laptop and held it in his arm.

Yonghin snapped out of it, a cocky smirk forming his lips. “You’ll just be a temporary character in her best seller.” He said.

“I’m different from you. I’ll be a permanent character in her life.” He countered and glared.

He then left the café, grabbing Seulki with him. Not turning back.

 

 

She was still shocked at what happened. While she walked, she tried to study him. She tried to see if anything in him looked oddly strange. Was he flustered? Did he turn red? Did it mean anything to him? She then noticed her hand. He was shaking. His hands were sweaty. She looked closer. He was turning red. She smiled. ‘Kyeopta (Cute)’ she thought.

“Junhong-ah” she called. “That was your first kiss, wasn’t it?”

He didn’t respond.

She smiled.

“Where’s Yongguk oppa?” she asked.

“At the studio. He said to pick you up and let you go there instead.” He replied.

“He could’ve called me.”

“I don’t know…..he just said to get you.”

Yongguk oppa was sly. She knew he intentionally did it so that she could spend more time with Zelo. She wasn’t complaining though but the kiss…..

That was a different story.

“Junhong-ah…” she said. “that kiss….why did you…”

“Let’s just talk later k? I have to think first…”he said.

“What if I want to talk now?” Seulki said teasingly.

Zelo turned to her. He was still obviously flustered but trying to look like he denied everything. “Wha-“

Seulki pulled him closer and kissed him. She didn’t want to hear what he had to say. She just wanted him to know that he was happy. She knew that this character, was someone she will remember forever.

When she pulled away, she smiled mischievously. "You think you're the only one huh?"