Ahri's Mask

☞My Strange Highschool☜

Chapter 15: Ahri's Mask

 

Throughout this whole week Ahri was clinging on to Kai.

 

Not only that, but she was also being so rude.

 

You sat there in the cafeteria looking at her from afar. She was sitting by herself.... sneaking glances at Kai.

 

"Aww poor new girl... She's all alone..." Said Hyosung.

 

SHE DESERVES IT SKLDJSKLDJSLKDJSLKJDLKASJALKDJKLA. You thought.

 

"Let's invite her to sit with us."

 

"But... shes not really... nice." You claimed.

 

"What?! No way! She's so nice! You're overreacting!" Hyosung said.

 

She got up and went over to Ahri.

 

All  you could see was both of them smiling to each other. Ahri nodded when Hyosung asked her something. She got up and started walking toward you and Himchan.

 

"Okay, so this is Eun Mi and Himchan...."

 

"Oh hey. I've met Eun Mi before! We were really good friends in middle school." Ahri fakely smiled.

 

"Uh.... what. You weren't my friend..." You said confused.

 

"Eun Mi! Don't be mean! Sorry...shes not usually like this.." Hyosung said.

 

"It's okay, I don't mind!" She laughed it off.

 

"So... We're going to be in the talent show... why don't you come over to practice at my house and watch us!" Hyosung suggested.

 

"I'd love to!" She smiled

 

You could truely feel hate for her right now.

 

She was so fake. She lied to everyone. She was so rude... You just wanted her to leave... or get a change of personality.

 


Practice

 

At Hyosung's house you were sitting on a lawn chair with Ahri watching everyone dancing.

 

"Wow Kai, you're so good at dancing!" She smiled at him.

 

"Thanks." He said.

 

"Hey... Uh... why don't  I go get some snacks for you guys.."You said as an excuse to leave.

 

"Oh sure! Thanks Eun Mi!" Everyone said.

 

"I'll go with you.." Ahri said.

 

"No..it's fine.." You said bitterly.

 

"No,I insist..." She said.

 

You sighed and got up slowly limping.

 

Walking to the store was really awkward. Not a word was said.

 

When you arrived to the convieniance store you quickly went inside.

 

You were looking at the chips when Ahri grabbed your wrist.

 

"Let's talk." She said.

 

" I don't want to. All you do is insult me." You told her.

 

"It wasn't a question so shut up and listen." Her grip around your wrist got tighter.

 

"You're hurting me." You said trying to break free from her grip.

 

"You have a thing for Kai don't you." She said.

 

"No.I don't want to fall for someone who doesn't love me back." You mumbled.

 

"Cut the bull. We all know you like him."

 

"No, I did, but I've given up on him. He's just a friend now." You replied.

 

"You better be.. If you don't want to live a miserable life, stay away from him."

 

"Quit telling me what to do. I'm not you're slave. Do you think just because people can't see past your stupid little fake smile that you're going to ruin my life?" You said to her in disbelief.

 

"Oh... so... you're not going to listen to me?" She said.

 

"Just leave me alone."

 

"Haha... just wait Eun Mi... Just wait. Everyone loves me..." She laughed.

 

As you paid for the snacks you left with her.

 

Silence again, but once you got closer to Hyosung's house,that ended.

 

Once you were in front of the house, you started walking to the yard when you felt someone push you.

 

You fell to the floor and pain rushed to your ankle. You felt like crying right there from the pain but you couldn't. Not in front of her.... you weren't going to to let her win.

 

"What are you going to cry?" She laughed.

 

"No... not at all." You said as you slowly got up brushing yourself off.

 

As you both entered the yard you put down the snacks.

 

"Hey...uh guys I'm gonna go home early... if that's okay..." 

 

"Awww Eun Mi..... how come?" Hyoyeon asked.

 

"I feel... um... my leg needs some rest..." You told them.

 

"In that case let me walk you home...It's dangerous for a girl like you to walk home alone..." Kai said.

 

"He has a point.." Himchan agreed.

 

"Ah... no... no it's okay....." You said quietly.

 

You didn't want Ahri to think you were afraid of her, I mean, you weren't. You just weren't sure.... of what she'd be capable of...It would be best to avoid him...

 

"Too bad. I'm going to walk you home." Kai smiled.

 

There was no way you were going to convince him..

 

"Okay.."

 

Ahri looked a little pissed.

 

"Okay, let's go..." Kai smiled carrying your backpack.

 

"Uh... alright.... ."

 

As both of you left Hyosung's house you felt like you would regret this later.

 

"So... how's your ankle...?" Kai asked.

 

"It's okay... I tripped... so it hurts a bit more than usual..." You told him...

 

"You tripped?!?" He said concerned.

 

"Yeah.... I guess... I'm just really clumsy..." You lied.

 

"That means you'll need even more time to heal.." He said.

 

"Yeah, I know....I. I... don't really want to talk about my ankle...how was your day?" You asked him.

 

"It was good... I don't want to sound mean here but, Ahri is getting really stressful. I don't mind her hanging out with me but.. I want her to make other friends....I'm glad you are good friends with her..." He smiled.

 

Those words made your stomach sick. You and Ahri? No.

 

"Uh... Yeah..." You lied again.

 

"You know.... I really don't know how to say this... but when I look at you, I suddenly feel happier..." He laughed.

 

OMG asdfghjk;

 

NO HE'S LYING

 

WHAT IS AIR.

 

WHAT IS ENGLISH

 

WHAT DO I SAY

 

"Me too."

 

OMFG WHAT KIND OF ANSWER WAS THAT.

 

You were going crazy with all these thoughts in your head.

 

"I'm glad. Looks like we're here." He smiled.
 

You thanked him for walking you home and quickly went inside your house.

 

You quickly went upstairs to your room and layed on the bed.

 

You then remembered about something. You got up and walked over to your desk.

 

There, lay a music box your father had given you before going back to the military...

 

You opened it to see a few letters and a small necklace  inside.

 

Your father would send you and your brother letter sometimes. You kept them all but never had the time to write back.

 

You looked at the necklace that lay in the box.  You remember he had given it to you when you were about 10.

 

"Do you know what this is?" Your father had asked.

 

"A necklace?" You said.

 

"Not just any necklace! This necklace has magical powers."

 

"No way. There's no such thing as magic."

 

"Just because you've never seen magic doesn't mean it doesn't exist! Trust me! Wear this and you'll be guaranteed to be happy! All the girls will envy you... and the boys will chase you... OF COURSE THEY WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH ME FIRST." He said.

 

You laughed remembering those words.

 

It made you miss him.

 

'I'll wear this tomorrow.' You smiled looking at the cute necklace.