Lights

Let Me Be The One
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When one day, one month, one year passes
Will we be living different lives?

Fine - Taeyeon 

At the Hospital a few days before

Two figures could be seen standing in the hospital corridor. One frozen in shock, still as a statue, while the other was hunched with its head down waiting for judgement. Amber stood speechless with the revelation of the past, wrenched out from Chanyeol's confession. Tension lined Chanyeol's shoulder as both Amber and him stared at each other. Then slowly Amber reached towards his shoulder, cautiously as if taming a wild animal. She gave his shoulder a squeeze while nodding her head once, showing that she understood.

As soon as Amber and Chanyeol finished their talk they finally got food from the cafeteria and decided to head back to the room.

Before they entered the room Chanyeol held back Amber.

"Uh Amber-yah... can you not tell anyone about what I told you."

Chanyeol shyly scratch his nape, feeling a bit embarrassed for crying in front of Amber earlier.

Amber smiled, she could see that Chanyeol was a bit better and more aware of the situation.

"Okay, but please don't do anything like this again. You should really thank your members. If they didn't call me, I don't know what would have happened Chanyeol. Be cautious on what you say and act towards CL-ssi if you want to visit her okay."

As they came into the room they could see that there was more people inside the room.

All of the 2ne1 members are in one corner of the room with Luna included.

Chaerin's family can be seen hovering over her bed.

As soon as Chanyeol and Amber stepped inside the room, before they could greet everybody.

SLAP!

A hand met Chanyeol's cheek, lashing his face to the side.

"What are YOU doing here?!"

Harin slowly made her way in front of Chanyeol.

Shocked, Amber stumbled back closing the door as well.

"You have no right to be here!" Tears were streaming down her face. Chanyeol couldn't look back at her, she reminded him too much of Chaerin.

"You’re the reason why she's like this! Leave!" She growled.

"She's better off without you!" With so much power in her voice, Harin screamed at Chanyeol.

Everybody inside the room was lost, Luna stood there gaping at the scene unfolding.

Behind Chanyeol was Amber, who looked on with knowing eyes and remained quiet.

Chaerin's parents didn't know what had gotten into their daughter.

Even the rest of 2ne1, was lost with the situation. They don't know what drove to Harin to do such a thing.

Harin still didn't stop, she kept scolding Chanyeol. She was not finish at letting him feel her wrath.

"She suffered for so long because of you, and you think coming back would help?!"

"My sister was fine, and she didn't need you in her life."

Harin then shoved past Chanyeol and Amber going out of the room.

With Harin leaving, the room was filled with an awkward silence. No one uttered a sound after Harin's outrage.

After gathering themselves, Mrs Lee decided that it was time to tell them about Chaerin's condition.

Soon everyone settled on the sofas and chairs within the room, still in a state of shock.

With a sigh Mrs Lee started.

"After moving to Japan Chaerin was involved in an accident."

Mrs Lee had to pause, she couldn't help but felt pain as she recall what her daughter went through these recent years.

"The accident traumatised Chaerin...and with it the shock she received forced her into a coma."

"After waking up from the coma a few months later, she behaved like a completely different person." At this point Mr Lee started to comfort Mrs Lee as she continued.

"The doctors we consulted all said that she suffered some sort of acute amnesia."

"She couldn't remember how she got to the hospital or what happened to her."

A small but sad smile was seen on Mrs Lee's face.

"As a family we decided to not mention anything in regards to her past, slowly the memories started coming back. However this is the first time she fainted since recovering."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter