Ch 7: Sehun

That Summer's Day

The teacher’s monotonous voice echoed simultaneously with the ticking clock as he explains the importance of algebraic formulas to the class. Akin to the poor man’s enthusiasm, the students happily mumble the seconds for their last lesson for today to finish. Across the room, Sehun sneaks a few glances behind him and spots Kai trying awkwardly not to sleep. He faintly sniggers and reverts his gaze this time to his sister behind Kai. It didn’t take a second for Sulli to notice his brother’s laser like glare and she scrunches her eyebrows back at him. With his cover blown, Sehun fails to avert his eyes back to the board and admits defeat by sighing. Sulli threateningly holds up her fist and mouths her brash question to her brother whose neither pleased.

 

“What do you want? Stop being all moony eyes with my boyfriend!”

 

Sehun’s eyes open wildly and he pretends to gag at Sulli’s accusation. He flips his the finger but belatedly notices Sulli’s panic expression while pointing tensely at him. He gulps knowingly and faces the teacher who is already standing next to him, annoyed.  He looks up grudgingly and attempts to console the situation with the cutest smile he could muster but to his dismay, the teacher’s face didn’t move one bit.

 

“Mr. Park… I … was… stretching my fingers.” Sehun fumbles with his sad excuse of an explanation but even he knows there’s no way out of his impending punishment.

 

“Sure you are but you’ll still be cleaning the class by yourself after school, no excuses… that’s if you can make up a good one but my expectations are low enough as it is with you.”

 

The whole class roars in laughter and Sehun rolls his eyes at the teacher’s insult. He groans in anguish over his cleaning predicament and sulks. The teacher ignores him and walks toward where Sulli is sitting. Sehun fears in delight that his sister is in trouble too and smiles to himself. But that excitement is quickly cut short.

 

“And I believe Kai will also be joining you after school. Remind him when he wakes up, Sulli.” The teacher impatiently mutters as the bell rings for the end of today’s class.

 

The students all rush out quickly once their teacher leaves, some patting Sehun jokingly on the back as they were leaving. Sehun stands up and grimaces at the only two students left in class – Sulli and Kai.

 

Sulli nudges Kai to wake up as Sehun looks on. Sulli bends down to her boyfriend’s ear to tell him his punishment. Kai bolts straight up and points at himself with a disgruntled look, his jaw dropping to the ground.  

 

“I’m cleaning the whole class? By myself?” Kai bemoans with a pout to Sulli.

 

“Well, Sehun got in trouble too for flipping me off so you boys are cleaning together. And don’t get all handsy with him Sehun.” Sulli retorts back laughingly.


Kai returns Sulli’s amusement with a smile but his inkling about Sehun earlier triggers him back to reality. Kai looks at Sehun and smirks smugly. His trap quickly set.

 

“Oh man, I can’t believe I came back in ti-“

 

“Sulli!”

 

Alarmed, Sehun interrupts Kai’s theatrical antics and nervously chuckles his way towards his sister. Kai didn’t fail to notice his friend’s jerk reaction, which fuels his suspicion even more. 

 

“Sulli, don’t you, um, have a piano lesson today? Kai and I have to clean every thing so you don’t have to wait. Right, Kai?” Sehun gripes with an edge to his voice.


“Yeah, he’s right. I don’t want you to be late.” Kai answers back complacently.


Sulli skeptically looks at both of them with a concern look, as the tension between the two seems off which was unusual.
 

“Well, are guys sure? I was just joking about the handsy thing earlier if you both are pissed about that, I’m sorry… I guess?”


Kai puts on a smile to ease Sulli and walks her out of the door, he waves his hand as he ushers her to go ahead still smiling. Seconds after Sulli was out of his sight, Kai hastily turns around to face Sehun, a serious expression plastered on both of their faces.

 

“You… you came back in time as well didn’t you?”

 

Sehun silently looks at his friend and reluctantly nods back.

 

“To save her? Did you come back to save your sister too?”

 

“Yeah but…”

 

“But what?”

 

“But… Kai this is my third time coming back and it’s probably my last”

 

Sehun’s lips tremble as his face darkens. Kai looks on with a pained expression and stumbles to get a word out.

 

“And… and you didn’t get to save her the second time round?”

 

“No. Saving my sister was harder than I thought Kai… It’s complicated than it seems.”

 

“Is that why you brought me along with you to the past?”

 

“Yeah, I wasn’t sure if dragging you into this was the right thing to do but Kai, I really hope it is. I want my sister back too.”

 

Kai walks forward to Sehun and places his hand on his shoulder. With a grin, Kai gently hugs Sehun, who seems overwhelmed with emotions.

 

“Thank you. Thanks for bringing me back. I promise I’ll save her this time. For me, for you, for all of us.”

 

Grateful, Sehun pensively hugs Kai back as he weeps endlessly for the first time since his sister’s death. Kai pats Sehun’s back in return and realizes how truly fragile they are since Sulli passed away 5 years ago. But now, that awful day is soon to come again in 5 days time for the person they cherish the most. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

--------
Sorry for the late chapter. I was very busy with work and college. Y - Y 
I made this extra longer this time for you readers out there~ 

GUYS HELP IT KEEPS TELLING ME THAT IT HAS MATURE CONTENT WHICH IT DOESN'T ; - ; IT WON'T LET ME CHANGE IT!!!!! HEEELP~

Fixed! Thank you mods/kind stranger~

While waiting for a new chapter, subscribe and read my Lay fanfic, 'The days are long and filled with pain". :D Enjoy~