Hot Chocolate, Please

Effortless

Siwon glanced over at Kyuhyun, who was currently restocking books. He let his eyes peruse the younger boy's perfect features- from those gorgeous chocolate-y brown eyes to those prominent-but-not-sharp cheekbones to, finally, those perfect, perfect lips that were now slightly open while the boy stretched to place a book on one of the taller shelves. 

Breathtaking.

Siwon left his place behind the cash register to assist Kyuhyun, who was wobbling on his toes, still attempting to fit the book on the shelf. 

"Need help?"

Kyuhyun looked over and Siwon felt his heart stop as those beautiful eyes pierced through him. Then, the boy smirked, and Siwon felt his palms moisten. Can he read my mind?

"You're not going to drop it on me, are you?"

Huh? Oh. Right. For the past few weeks, Siwon had been leaving work early lately to assist at the bookshop and to, more accurately, see Kyuhyun. In that time, he hadn't collided with or dropped anything on Kyuhyun as he had the first two times they'd met, but there had been close calls... Luckily, Kyuhyun's quick reflexes and heightened wariness for Siwon had prevented further mishaps. 

Siwon chuckled and promised, "I will not drop any books on you." He added as an afterthought, "But you might wanna stand back a little, just in case."

Kyuhyun laughed (effectively speeding up Siwon's heartbeat) and handed the book to the taller man, who easily placed it on the troublesome shelf. Siwon turned around to see Kyuhyun with crossed arms, frowning and muttering something while looking at him. Before he could wonder if he'd done something wrong though, Kyuhyun smiled at him again.

"Thanks, Siwon hyung." 

Siwon hyung. He called me by my name.

"Sure, any time."

Siwon turned to head back to the cash register, when he felt Kyuhyun grab his sleeve.

"Um... Siwon hyung."

He turned back around to see Kyuhyun looking nervous and blushing slightly.

"Actually, would you... like to... go to a cafe with me?"

--------------------

As Kyuhyun worked, he couldn't keep his mind off of Siwon. The attractive man had been helping out at the bookshop nearly every day, and it was becoming increasingly harder to keep his mind on his job. Sometimes, Kyuhyun would feel Siwon's gaze on him and he'd suddenly forget what he whether the book he was holding went under 'Romance' or 'Sci-Fi.'

To make matters worse, he'd begun thinking about the guy during school. Zhoumi and Sungmin had immediately noticed his inattention, asking who the girl was. Honestly, Kyuhyun had no idea why he was thinking about Siwon this much. He erased any romantic notions from his head and promised himself that when Changmin returned, he'd drag him along to a group date. I really need a social life.

Kyuhyun reached up to place a book on a shelf, cursing as he realized he wasn't able to reach it. I also really need to grow taller.

Changmin had long since surpassed Kyuhyun's height in their childhood, Zhoumi was forever tall and willowy, and the newest giant in Kyuhyun's life, Siwon, was a good few inches taller than him. His only consolation was Sungmin, who remained short and sweet, despite the endless supply of food that entered his chubby, squirrel-like cheeks.

Kyuhyun was about to curse again, when he heard, "Need help?"

He looked over to see Siwon staring at him with that handsome face, and he blushed at the sudden attention. I hate my average genes.

Kyuhyun quickly regathered his wits teased, ""You're not going to drop it on me, are you?"

Siwon looked confused before he chuckled and replied, "I will not drop any books on you. But you might wanna stand back a little, just in case."

Laughing, Kyuhyun gave the book to Siwon, who effortlessly slid it into its slot. 

"Stupid tall people." Kyuhyun muttered. Seeing Siwon turn around, he smiled and said, "Thanks, Siwon hyung." 

"Sure, any time."

As Siwon made to go back to the cash register, Kyuhyun thought of something and stopped him, grabbing the taller man by his sleeve.

"Um... Siwon hyung."

He turned back around and Kyuhyun's blush deepened.

"Actually, would you... like to... go to a cafe with me?"

"... Huh? I mean, yeah sure, why not?"
 
Kyuhyun blinked. "Wait, really?"
 
Siwon grinned. "Yeah, I don't have anything to do after this. But why are you surprised?"
 
"Oh. Heh. Well, the cafe I want to go to actually just recently opened, but none of my friends could go, so..."
 
Siwon felt something inside him fall at hearing that he'd only been asked after Kyuhyun's friends, but hey, he had a date with his new crush- erm, friend- so who was he to complain?
 
"Well. I'd be happy to accompany you wherever your heart may lead you."
 
Siwon gave his trademark gentleman smile (with a little extra sweetness added especially for the cute boy in front of him) and mentally congratulated himself when he saw the blush spread across Kyuhyun's cheeks.
 
--------------------
 
"So what will you gentleman be having today?"
 
A handsome waiter stood next to their table, taking their order. As soon as they'd walked into Casa Blanca*, Kyuhyun had been impressed by the calm and homely feel of the cafe, the elegant yet comfortable furniture, the tasteful beverages and pastries, and the courteous waiters, all of whom possessed above-average looks. (Changmin had once made Kyuhyun admit that yes, maybe he was a little bit interested in the same genderbut that didn't necessarily make him gay .)
 
Siwon, on the other hand, was used to this kind of high-class setting, though he was indeed impressed by the low-price menu. The sign did say this place welcomes college students, he thought to himself amusedly. 
 
"I'll have the 100% Columbian Coffee, dark roast."
 
Kyuhyun panicked. He hadn't been prepared for that. 100% Columbian? What was that even supposed to mean? It sounded so... manly. Exactly like Siwon. He felt his cheeks become hot and just knew he was blushing again.
 
"And you, sir?"
 
"I'll have the... uh, the... hot chocolate, " he trailed off awkwardly, hiding his face behind his menu.
 
"I'm sorry, could you repeat that?"
 
Kyuhyun was sure even his ears and neck were red by now. 
 
"Uh- "
 
"Hot chocolate, please. He'll have the hot chocolate."
 
The waiter blinked. Was that amusement in his eyes? But all he said was, "Your orders will be ready in a few minutes. May I take your menus?"
 
Now Kyuhyun was sure Siwon would never want to go to a cafe with him ever again. What kind of college student couldn't even order their own drink, even a girly one at that? He silently handed his menu to the waiter, burying his tomato-colored face in his hands and waiting for Siwon to .
 
When no such jibes came his way, he tentatively peeked up and saw Siwon unsuccessfully hiding a smirk.
 
"What? I don't like bitter things, okay?" he said pointedly, glaring at the taller man. Even when he'd had coffee with Changmin the other day, it had been with copious amounts of both sugar and cream. 
 
Siwon raised his hands defensively, protesting, "What? didn't say anything. I also liked hot chocolate when I was in elementar- um, college."
 
Now Siwon was full out grinning, not to mention shaking with what Kyuhyun suspected was barely-suppressed laughter.
 
Pointing his best if-looks-could-kill stare at his tormentor, he seethed, "Shut it."
 
Luckily, their drinks came within the next minute, so the sweet-toothed student was saved any further teasing.
 
Kyuhyun looked down at his cup and had to resist the urge to bang his head on the table in defeat. 
 
On the froth of his hot chocolate was cocoa powder that had been specifically formed into a heart shape.
 
Upon seeing Kyuhyun's miserably embarrassed displeasure, Siwon could no longer fight back the laugh tearing through his body and burst out in a fit of guffaws and table-slapping snorts. 
 
Kyuhyun just frowned, and when it seemed Siwon would never stop laughing (despite the many stares he was receiving from other customers), he finally lifted up his cup to sip his drink, though not after smearing the heart into a blob with his spoon.
 
When it seemed Siwon's hearty snickers had finally toned down into amused pants, the miffed student fixed the glare onto his face once again and drily questioned, "Done yet?"
 
"Sorry, I-" Siwon looked up and burst into laughter once again. But before Kyuhyun could move, the other man was taking his napkin and wiping the top of Kyuhyun's lip. 
 
Dammit.
 
"I'm sorry," Siwon repeated, "but you're just really cute. Like a kitten I want to take home and spoil."
 
Kyu opened his mouth to retort, but Siwon continued, saying, "I feel like I could kiss you." Huh? "On the forehead, of course." Oh. Wait. Why was he disappointed?
 
"Well I certainly don't want to kiss you, forehead or elsewhere," Kyuhyun snapped.
 
"Sorry. Truly, I am. I don't know why I laughed that hard; I honestly haven't laughed like that in a very long time."
 
Kyuhyun was surprised at this last bit. Nothing about Siwon had ever seemed closed off or unhappy. He thought about the briefcase Siwon had been holding when they'd first met and decided that most likely Siwon was just one of those workaholics commonly seen working office jobs.
 
"Sounds like you need to get out more often."
 
"Yeah.. Being CEO of my father's company doesn't really make for much free time," Siwon said nonchalantly. Truthfully, though, the businessman was interested in how his adorable date would take the news.
 
"CEO? How old are you??" Kyuhyun was looking at him, amazed, with those gorgeous brown eyes of his. Bingo.
 
Siwon smiled. "23."
 
"Oh."
 
"And you are...?"
 
"21." Kyuhyun was muttering again. So he felt like a kid because he was, at least in this guy's eyes.
 
"Wow. 21. Already drinking age."
 
Kyu narrowed his eyes. "Whaddya mean 'already'? I have a really high tolerance level y'know. Just you wait, I'll show you up one day, got that? We're going to a bar next time."
 
Next time? Siwon felt giddy inside. He wants a next time.
 
"I accept. Just so you know, I also have a really high tolerance."
 
Kyuhyun rolled his eyes. "Whatever, but you're paying for the drinks, because I'm just a poor college kid living off his parents' funds, Mr. CEO."
 
Feisty. Siwon began thinking that there was much, much more to Kyuhyun than met the eye; instead of a beautiful, shy college boy, he'd instead met a beautiful, shy, and quite snarky college boy who loved competing.
 
"Okay. But in return, I'm paying for today's drinks as well."
 
"Fine... Wait, what?"
 
Kyuhyun could only blink confusedly (and entrancingly, in Siwon's opinion), as Siwon hailed the waiter to pay the bill.
 
"Wait, no! I should pay! You're paying next time!"
 
Siwon's heart fluttered at the words 'next time' again, but he shook his head firmly and stated, "As the more financially sound one of this pair, I believe I am obliged to pay for the both of us. Besides, you're barely of age."
 
"There is no obligation! And for your information, I've been 'of age' for three years now, and what does that even have to do with anything?"
 
"Well, have you taken advantage of your legality? With a partner, I mean."
 
.... Huh? Is he asking... what I think he's asking?
 
Kyuhyun blushed profusely and sputtered, trying to think of something to say to save himself.
 
"Of course I haven't... done... What does this even have to do with anything?"
 
Kyuhyun looked down at the table to snatch the bill away but found it wasn't there. He whipped his head up and saw the waiter taking it away to the counter. He turned furiously back to Siwon. "Wha- you... JERK!"
 
Siwon smiled triumphantly. So Kyuhyun was still a . So pure.
 
 

*Casa Blanca = White House (Spanish); sounds classy and maybe like something Kyu would walk into, right??

Sorry for the late update- school is such an evil necessity >_<    (Sorry sorry sorry sorry naega naega naega meonjeo naega naega.... hehe :)