The hunter...

Someone holds me dear...

Inside the castle, a furious queen was walking up and down inside her room. He hated him and needed to get rid of him. But how? Poison? No, the servants will find out. Strangle? No, they will find his hand prints, and even if he made someone do it, they will eventually found out it was him. He couldn't find a way to get rid of him, without getting caught.

As he was thinking, he remembered his marriage. The gross and old king Siwon with his irritating, beautiful and rude son. Well, rude was only in his opinion. He was indeed the nicest person on earth, just as the most beautiful. But no, he was! He was always gonna be! He at least hoped. He knew the people still thought the prince was the most fair person in the country. He couldn't change that.

But he hoped. And was willing to do anything to be the most beautiful person. The clouds outside was beginning to darken as he thought of an idea. He would let the prince out, only for a while, the, he would hire someone to kill him. He just needed to find the person that was most loyal to his queen. 

So he send after all the young men that knew how to kill an animal, making up a festival. They would come, and he would pick. Then, the person would kill him for him. The prince would be dead, the other guy would loose his neck, or , that was also enough, and the queen would go untouched. Being the most beautiful person alive.

He called for his most loyal servant, Sungmin, and made him send out people to put up posters. He smiled as he thought of the death of the prince. It couldn't have been better. Sungmin bowed and walked away. The day after, you could see posters everywhere from the palace, they read;

 

Dear citizens

From order of the queen, every young man that knows how to hunt, is warmly welcomed to the palace in order to be the queens new personal hunter. You will only bring yourself and your weapon.

The date of the festival will be this Saturday, by noon.

 

The news reached the whole country and soon, the streets of Seoul was filled with hunters from all parts of the country. Among them, a young man and his cousin was walking down to the palace. He couldn't believe his eyes as they walked. He had always dreamed of visiting the capital, and here he was. In front of the palace with his cousin.

They bot had brought their weapons just like requested and was now proudly walking on the streets. Every eye turned to all the hunters, admiring them. Wishing them the best of luck. Cheering. Laughing. Throwing flowers. From his tower, the queen only smirked and looked down at the oblivious hunters, that soon would become murderers.

Walking through the huge doors, all of the hunters gaped. It was bigger than any of them could imagine. They stood still and looked around them. There were statues everywhere of the queen. But nothing of the old king of the prince. Which they all found strange. A man came over to them, bowed and asked them to follow.

They walked into the ball room, where the queen was seated. They all fell down on their knees, faces down. They waited patiently for the queen, and eventually he let them all stand up. He himself also stood up and walked around all of them. Eyeing them. He then sat down again and said a few words. They all then had to prove their talent.

One after one, they shot their arrows and through their daggers. But no one seemed to be good enough for the queen. Then one boy, a tall and very handsome young man, stepped forward. He took his bow, his arrow and shot. A perfect shot. There had been many perfect shots, but this one was special. The queen called him over and he bowed 90º. 

"What's your name boy, and how old are you?"

The boy looked up and took a deep breath. 

"Jung Yunho, your highness. And I am 21 years old, you highness."

He answered proudly. The queen put his head on the side and waked over to Yunho. As he was stood behind him, he looked over at Sungmin and gave im a nod. Sungmin gave a nod back and stood up straight. He cleared his throat, making everyone look at him.

"The queen, has found his hunter!"

Everyone cheered for Yunho, and it became a big party. With a lot to drink and eat. The party was going on 'till next morning, and by then, everyone had out.

A woman came and picked Yunho up, giving him new clothes and a fresh shower. She then led him to the queens personal room and shut the door. The room was black, unlike the other parts of the palace. Yunho asked himself if he really was at the right place or if he should just run away. But when he saw a figure by he window, he decided to stay.

The queen turned around, dressed in black just like the rest of the room, making him fit in perfectly. He held out his hand to Yunho, who took it after eyeing it and asking for permission. The queen made him stand next to him, and then asked him.

"How many animals have you killed, Yunho-ssi?"

Yunho looked at him and answered.

"Two dear, three rabbits and five birds, sir."

The queen gave him and impressed nod, and walked around him once again. He sopped behind him and leaned into his ear, whispering.

"Say, have you ever killed a human before?"