Mission

Ghost Boy Matchmaker

 

Minseok, Luhan and with the addition of Tao, have become the three musketeers in the hospital. They were always with each other doing crazy stunts here and there. The three of them are always on crack and always finds something to make fun of.

 

"Hyung! What have you been doing these past few years anyway? Well.. except for goofing around all the time?"

Minseok playfully smacked Tao's stomach, "I wasn't fooling around all these years!!... well, okay.. most of the time!!"

"Hey guys! what about we start working on our unfinished business?" Luhan interrupted.

"Oh right! I almost forgot about that!!"

 

..........................................................................................

 

The three were in the hospital lounge discussing things that could be their potential 'unfinished business'. Tao was sipping onto his milk while the other two were busy with their checkers.

 

"By the way, hyung! Noona will come and visit me today. I can't wait to tell her that you're here."

"Who? Your noona??" Minseok asked, scratching his head. Minseok tried to recall the face if Tao's older sister.

"Yes, Huang Yubi, i think she was in your class in your senior year..."

 

Minseok gasped with widening eyes, catching the attention of both Luhan and Tao. "Wait... YOUR NOONA?!!" The information seemed to sink in a little later than normal for Minseok.

"Why? What the heck is wrong with you now? It's just his sister~" Luhan questioned. "Hey Tao-tao~ Can your noona see ghosts as well?"

"As far as I can remember, yes. I think she told me once about a little girl she played with in our backyard when we where kids. I didn't believe her then cause i thought she was just trying to scare me."

 

 Their chat was suddenly cut short with the ringing of Tao's phone. "Oh! It's her! She must be on her way already!" He then answered his phone enthusiastically.

 

"Noona!! Are you on your way already?"

"Ouch Tao! Don't scream on the phone!! And yes I'm on my way already. I'm on the bus right now."

"Ehehhe! Ok! Be careful on you way noona!"

"Awww.. My baby bro's being manly now? Ahahahaha!! Don't worry lil'bro, I'll call you again once I'm near the hospital!"

 

"Okay noona, I can't wait for you to meet my friends!"

"I'll be glad to meet them! See you later Tao!"

 

With that, Tao ended the call and went back to his friends. Minseok was still frozen from his spot. He can't believe that after a good seven years, he's finally going to meet her again. The girl he had eyes for since kindergarten, his first love. He don't know what to do. He's panicking right now. It's been seven years and he don't know if the feelings he had for her still remains or if it faded already through time. There is one thing that he's sure though, his feelings are useless now since he's dead already.

 

"Noona's on her way now!!" Tao announced, making Minseok snap out of his thoughts.

"Hey Tao! Do you think your sister could help us with our unfinished business?" Luhan asked.

 

"I'm not actually sure.. but she has more experience with ghosts than me.. so probably, yeah. I think she'll be of help. Plus I think she'll be more than willing to lend a hand especially to a friend." Tao eyed Minseok knowingly.

He knows that his hyung had a long-term crush on his sister yet never got the chance to confess.

 

"Anyway, why don't you tell me more about your sister Tao. I feel like I'm being left behind with all the history talk you guys are making." Luhan said quite grumpily.

"I would love to!..."

 

Huang Yubi is 2 years older than his brother Tao. She was a strong girl with a gentle smile. She was the only daughter of in their family which made her father worried that's why she learned martial arts at an early age to defend herself. She could be considered boyish but not quite. She also had lessons on floral arrangement, ballet, tea ceremony, etc. She was the perfect girl in most of the people's eyes... including Minseok's.

He's been admiring her since kindergarten. He noticed her uniqueness even before anyone did. It was that day when he saw her the first time crying and looking so vulnerable. Even from kindergarten she was known to be the cheerful girl everyone would love to play with. That's why when he saw her that time alone in the playground, he got worried. Being the kind hearted kid he was, he couldn't just ignore a classmate in trouble.

"Hey, why are crying?" young Minseok asked while offering her a handkerchief.

She sniffed and tried to hide her tears. "I'm not crying.."

"Yes you are! Please don't be stubborn and just wipe your nose with this!"

Yubi eventually gave up and took the piece of cloth without a word. She continued sniffing and wiping her tears, trying to stop her eyes and nose from continuously leaking.

"So... can you tell me now why you're like this? Did someone bully you?!" Minseok's eyes widened in alarm. "I'll tell our adviser--"

Yubi cut him off. "Don't worry. No one bullied me." she said in monotone.

"Then why are you like this?" Minseok motioned to Yubi's whole body.

"I was just scolded badly by my father. It's my fault anyway. I couldn't do them right... but there's just too many..."

"Too many what?"

"Too many things that I have to learn.. And I can't do them all like what my father wants me too. I feel like a bad daughter."

"Don't say that! Uhm.. I don't have any idea on whatever it may be that you're learning but.. I think you shouldn't try too hard." Minseok said, quite embarrassed. "My mother always scolds me for not doing my chores properly because I tried to do all of them at the same time. And believe me! Everything became a disaster! Our washing machine blew up because of me!!" Minseok stood up and extended his arms, emphasizing the blowing up of the appliance.

Yubi tried to stop herself from giggling at the awkward gesture Minseok is doing.

"But my mom told me that you could yield better results if you take things a step at a time, and do them at your own pace." Minseok turned around to look at her and smiled. "Believe me! It worked! Not another appliance blew up because of me!"

They became closer in kindergarten but as soon as they entered middle school, they got separated into different sections and they gradually drifted apart. They both became really successful in their studies and gained more friends. But even then, Minseok was still admiring her from afar.

 

"My noona is the best in her school now. She's in a performing arts academy and making them eat smoke with her wonderful dancing."

"So, your sister is that amazing huh?" Luhan seemed more interested than before. "Is she pretty?"

"Of course she is! She's from my family with good-looking genes!" Tao said proudly, crossing his arms above his chest.

"Tao, I think you received a message." Minseok ponted at the phone on the table.

Tao opened his phone and read his sister's message with bulging eyes.

"Tao, I'm already at the front gates of the hospital. Just wait for me in your room okay. Wait.. you're not wandering outside are you? Your leg isn't that healed yet! I'll be there in a few minutes.^^"

"Oh shoot!" Tao cursed under his breath. "I have to get to my room now! I'll get beaten into a pulp if my sister finds out i was wandering around the hospital!" He was already speeding down the corridors of the hospital. If anyone saw him, they would probably think he was Flash in crutches. "Let's go hyungs!! We've got to hurry!!"

 

 


 

I am soo sorry for the very late update!

Laziness got over me again TT^TT

Please look forward to the rest of the story~ The plot is now coming to place.

Don't forget to comment your thoughts about this chapter!

Till my next update.. Annyeong! I LOVE YOU ALL~ ♥♥