Chapter Three

Forget About Regrets

 

            A month had passed. You forgot all about the Internet. Because now the only thing that existed was Exo. Every day you would go over to their house and hang out with them when they weren’t coming over to your grandparent’s house to go swimming.

            Exo had become your friends. One weekend your parents came to visit and you weren’t there. You decided to go with Exo to the mall. They were too restless after a month of just being at that house. They never went out.

            At the mall you stuck with Zitao. He had finally warmed up to you. But he still didn’t know how you felt. And after being with him for a month. Learning about the real Exo. You knew that he was the right one to fall for.

            Your hands brushed each other as you walked in the mall. The both of you turned to apologize but you just laughed and kept walking. Your cheeks flushed pink above your tan and you glanced up to Zitao. He was looking away but he rubbed the back of his neck. You bit your lip and looked forward again.

            Sehun chased after Luhan who had sprayed him with some fruity perfume and Luhan didn’t realize he pushed you when he ran passed and Zitao caught you before you fell on your face. You opened your eyes and looked into Zitao’s. Your heart pounded in your ears.

            “Th-Thanks.”

            “Wel-come.” He said standing you up right.

You tucked a lock of hair behind your ear and cleared your throat. “Is it hot in here?”

            “Yeah.” He said flapping is shirt to get some air to his chest.

            The two of you walked to where everyone was heading and started poking around in the store. You glanced up at Zitao who was looking at skate boards and smiled to yourself before walking up to stand next to him.

            “I think you should get that one.” You said pointing to one with a Panda.

            “Why?”

            “Because I know you love Pandas.”

            “I do like you…rrr knowledge of me.” He said.

You snapped your head to look at him wide eyed. He was blushing as he stepped up to grab the board and walk away.
            “Did he just? Am I? Why is it so hot?!” You asked yourself.

            After wondering around a few others stores you and Exo got back in the van and went home. When you saw your parent’s car in the drive way you felt your face turn white. You left the emergency phone on the night stand because you didn’t use it. It felt dumb to you.

            You ran back to your grandparents without saying good bye to Exo and burst through the door.

            “Oh there you are!” Your mom said, almost shouting.

            “Sorry.”

            “Where have you been?”

            “She went with the neighbors to the mall.” Grandpa said stepping up for you. “Like we said before.”

            “Why is she so close to the neighbors? Do they have Internet?”

            “Yes.” You said without thinking. “But! I haven’t been online for over a month.”

            “It’s true. To our knowledge. She’s been swimming with those boys and golfing with me and cooking with your mother.” Grandpa said winking at you.

Your mom sighed. “Dad, she’s been swimming with boys?”

            “We’ve been watching over them when they are in the pool and their have been no skin ships between Panda and them.” Grandma said.

            “Skin ship?” Your dad asked.

            “She doesn’t touch them.”

You laughed to yourself. In that short time you had taught your grandparents so many new phrases that you’ve gotten off the Internet.

            “Knock, knock.” Someone said behind you.

You turned around already knowing it was Jongin. “Hi.”

            “Hi. You forgot your bag.” He said stepping into the house with your purse.

            “Thanks.” You said taking it from him.

            “Sweet heart? Isn’t he on a poster in your room?” Your mom asked.

You turned to face her. “Uh, yeah…you see…Exo…they are the boys staying in the house next door.”

            “Oh dear lord.” Your mother said sitting on the couch.

            “We try and get you away from going crazy over them on the Internet and what happens? They just so happen to be within spitting distance of you.” Your father said.

You turned back to Jongin, “I think you should go.”

He sensed the tension and nodded before turning to leave, closing the door behind him.

            For the next hour you talked with your parents, explaining that this was okay. That being this close to Exo has helped get over having to be online. You begged to stay another month and they finally agreed to let you stay. After dinner you washed up and stayed in your room.

            You started putting together a scrape book of this summer so far with all the pictures you had been taking, and all the notes you’ve took, sketches you’ve drawn and quotes from TV’s, and books that you’ve read. Even writing down the lyrics to songs that reminded you of every day, every memory you’ve shared with Exo.

            A tap on your window brought you back and you opened it to see Zitao standing between rose bushes. He smiled holding up a bag. “I brought you some cookies Kyungsoo baked.”

            “Cool…come in.” You said stepping aside so he could climb in through the window. You sat on the bed and started picking up the photos and papers that were tossed all over before setting everything on the shelf on the nightstand. “Have a seat.”

            “Thanks.” He said sitting down. “What are you working on?”

            “Just a scrape book.”

            “Really? I’d like to see it.”

You shook your head. “Not until I’m done.”

            “Okay.” He smiled.

Your heart raced.

            “You should see some of the scrape books we’ve gotten.”

            “I have.”

            “Really?”

            “I’m addicted to the Internet remember? I was always on Tumblr, following blogs all about you guys. The fan sights. The chat rooms. The twitter feeds. All of it.”

            “Did you ever send us anything?”

You looked down at your lap. “I made you beaded bracelet that had a Panda design.”

            “That was yours?!”

You nodded without looking up.

            “That is one of my favorite gifts!”

            “Really?” You asked looking up.

            “Yeah! The only reason I don’t wear it is because I’m afraid it’ll break so I just have it pinned up on my wall at the dorm.”

            “That’s kind of you.”

            “No, thank you for the gift.”

            “You’re welcome.” You smiled.

            “Panda…”

            “Yes?”

            “Is that your favorite animal?” Zitao asked getting nervous and chickening out of what he was really going to ask you.

            “Yes. It always has been. I want to help save them. And I actually sponsor one.”

Zitao laughed, “So do I.”  

            The two of you talked for a while longer before you heard noise from outside the room. Zitao climbed back out the window and went back home. You fell asleep hugging your pillow, wishing that it was him. But it was too soft to be him.

            After the weekend your parents went home and you stayed behind with your grandparents. The summer wasn’t over yet but something started to bug you. Exo had been off the radar far to long. You knew soon they would have to go back.