Chapter Two

Forget About Regrets

 

            When you got home you helped put the food away and you pulled out your grandma’s cookbooks and started looking for a recipe involving bananas.

            “Chilled bananas and cocoanut soup. Perfect.” You smirked to yourself. You waited until you saw a van pull up to Exo’s house and you waited until the Manager was finished carrying the food in until you walked over to ask for some bananas.

            You rang the bell and waited until the door opened. Kyungsoo answered the door and immediately smiled at you.

            “Come in!” he said stepping aside.

You walked into the house and took off your sandals. You looked around and the house was similar to your grandparent’s except for the furniture. Exo members were helping put away food and were sitting on the couches watching TV.

            “What brings you over?” Kyungsoo asked.

            “Bananas. I was going to make a snake but I don’t have any bananas.”

            “Ah, follow me.” You followed Kyungsoo to the kitchen and he picked up one bunch of bananas and handed them to her. “Here.”

            “Thanks. Listen when I’m done I’ll bring what I’ve made over okay?”

            “Okay sounds great.”

You looked to the TV and saw they were watching one of your favorite Korean Dramas. You scanned for Zitao but he wasn’t there. You looked out the window and saw him with a Wushu sword standing in the grass moving it around like nothing else. Wow Zitao Wushu-ing. Is that even a word? You thought.

After a few more minutes you left and went back to make the snake. When you finished you tasted the produced before offering some to your grandparents before putting it in a container and let it chill in the fridge.

You helped Grandma with dinner and after eating you took the desert next door to share it with Exo. No one answered the door so you just walked in and saw them through the window sitting on the patio. You walked out and caught their attention.

            Jongin and Joonmyun went to get bowls and spoons before you dished up the desert and handed each member a bowl. You sat with them and ate the chilled soup. You received compliments from them and after the container was empty Kyungsoo washed it out before giving it back to you.

            “So, why are you guys here?”

            “Aren’t you a fan?” Baekhyun asked.

            “Yes?”

            “Then you’ve heard about our…incident recently.”

You bit your lip and looked down at your hands. “I’ve been out of the loop for a few weeks now…my parents, uh, they say I’m addicted to the Internet so they dropped me off here for the summer for “rehab”.” You said quoting the last word.

            “Well…”Kris began. “A few fans. Kind of…attempted to kidnap us.”

Your mouth hung open.

            “And SM sent us on the first flight out of Korea that just so happened to be here. They rented this house and we’ve been here for two weeks.”

            “So, you’re off the radar?”

            “Pretty much.” Sehun said.

            “Holy . This is…It kinda .”

            “How so?”

            “You guys just came back. This just bits.”

They laughed. “It’s kind of a break. You think the whole time we weren’t making appearances other than at SM we were just lounging around?” Minseok asked.

            “No.”

            “That’s right. We were practicing. Pushing ourselves. This is vacation.”

            “Yeah, I don’t know how many times I had to ice my body.” Jongin said rubbing his hands on his knees.

            “And how many visits to the doctors I’ve had.” Zitao said leaning back in his chair.

Your heart sank a little at his last statement. You forgot how much they put themselves through for the fans. “I’m sorry.”

They looked up to you.

            “I think us fans forget what you do for us.”

            “But we know why we keep doing it.” Joonmyun said.

You looked up to him to see his killer smile.

            “It’s because we enjoy doing what we do.”