Part 2.4

JYJ on Running Man

“Quickly!” Haha urged, running forward after looking back. Sukjin was following him indeed, but definitely at a pace that would lose the fast guest. “Ah hyung!”

“Go on without me!” Sukjin panted, slowing down immediately after the words left his lips. Leaning forward while placing his hands on his knees, the oldest of the cast tried to catch his breath, instinctively reaching for his walkie-talkie to update the other members.

“Twelfth floor, the guest ran upwards and Haha’s chasing!”

“I’m on it!” Jongkook said loudly, causing more-than-necessary static from the device.

“Ah, this kid is really noisy.” Sukijin shook his head, himself turning towards the staff’s kitchen for some water.

-

Jaesuk frowned, deciding to resurvey the areas where he spotted the suspicious person in hopes for finding the other guest. They should be around the same area, because even though the PDs said the entire building should be checked for the mission, there was never any guest that went to the rooftop, for example.

He turned to the camera slightly, then hesitating. He knew it wasn’t appropriate for him to voice out his questions on how Yoochun was suddenly allowed on variety, so he kept to himself and wondered idly if that meant the other two kids were here.

It seemed like yesterday when he still saw them together…

“There are three guests, right?” Jaesuk confirmed the information with his video journalist, rubbing his chin when given an affirmative reply. “Ah, I don’t know.”

Scratching his head, an unnatural behaviour for those who know him well, the veteran cast then continued looking around, now having a strong gut feeling of who are on the show.

-

“Ah, don’t bother me!” Gary said, slight frown on his face, but everyone knew he was just teasing Kwangsoo again.

“Hyung!” Kwangsoo called out, more for the gag effect than the need to alert the older man.
 
“Ah, bothersome.” Gary waved Kwangsoo’s words away as if they were physically bothering him.

There were some hurried footsteps, muffled by the carpeted floor. Gary’s gaze suddenly changed, and Kwangsoo instantly kept quiet.

The lady that ran their way was fast, and that was all the two Running Man cast could think of before being snapped out of their trance by Haha’s barely understandable yelps. Gary his heels and chased, while Haha slowed down, unable to chase any longer.

“That…that…three…” Haha huffed, leaning onto Kwangsoo as he tried to breathe. “I can’t chase her anymore. We ran three levels up and she’s still running!”

“The guests are no joke!” Kwangsoo widened his eyes, patting the older, but shorter member as if soothing his gasps for air. “They must be athletes!”

“They are very tall!” Haha complained, and Kwangsoo laughed at what the other man chose to notice. “What sports have tall and fast girls?”

“But…Wait!” Kwangsoo frowned, then blinking as if he remembered something. “Wasn’t today’s theme “Riding the Hallyu Wave”? Hallyu star! They can’t be-”

“Right! Yoochun-ssi was caught too!” Haha cut the youngest off, realising their foolishness in believing there was some athlete guesting on the show. “But which Hallyu star is so tall!”

The two stared at each other so shell-shocked, eyes showing growing disbelief that one would be amused at their chemistry. “Don’t tell me…”

-

Gary continued chasing, and he was close, so very close that he could reach out and tug the possible guest’s hair if he wanted to. But as a gentleman, he definitely couldn’t go around tugging girls’ hair. Instead, he tried closing the gap even more, knowing the other was as, or even more tired than him since the guest was chased by Haha before Gary joined in.

Junsu stumbled a little, and could feel Gary right behind him. Unwilling to turn back, knowing that would slow him down, Junsu headed towards the emergency exit knowing he could descend flights of stairs better than anyone, and hopefully make a getaway.

He felt a strong tug, and Gary quickly yelled out apologies, as if afraid of hurting him.

Junsu didn’t quite understand.

That is, until he realised his wig was pull off.

Gary halted instantly, his body unable to cope with the sudden fall in speed, causing him to slightly stumble.

“It’s a man?” Gary quizzically looked at the disappearing back view, and then the wig in his hand. “What is this?!”

-

Jaejoong did find a new hideout, now camouflaging into a crowd of female workers. He specially picked out a few with at least five centimetres worth of high-heels to match his height, and urged the workers to keep an intellectual conversation going.

“How much time is left?” Jaejoong asked, half to inform the audience and half for himself to know how long he has left. “Ah, twenty? Everyone,  fighting!”

The workers cheered a little, mindful of making noises due to Jaejoong’s previous request. They were each carrying similar looking files, speaking as if discussing a serious matter.

Jaejoong then “took minutes”, not wanting to have his voice give him away.

-

Junsu let himself sprawl on the floor for a minute, despite his image and his currently weird looking head that has a wig missing. Panting, and barely having enough energy to get up again, the sweaty superstar took off the headband that was hiding his coloured hair, and the messy clips due to Gary’s tug.

Turning to a mirror while gulping down his second cup of iced water, he restyled his hair slightly, wondering what to do. Should he get a change of clothes hurriedly?

“Jaejoong-hyung must survive.” Junsu sighed, leaving the headband and clips in the dustbin now that his disguise was ruined. “They must all be finding me now.”

Junsu then finished his third cup of iced water, apologising in advance to his video journalist. He was sure getting a month worth of workout today just being attached to Junsu.

Running up the stairs for fear of getting caught by using an elevator, Junsu went back to the changing room they started from for a change of clothes back into the comfortable ones he wore from home.

“Great, now there’s only fifteen minutes left.”

-

MY EXAMS ARE OVERRRRRR.
Not the most important announcement but that means I can finish this fic soon, haha!
So sorry I made you guys wait ;~; But hope you enjoyed the chapter and thank you so much for the comments everyone!
Love to the 38 patient subscribers too :D