Dawn, Alcohol and Grapes

ECO-Idols

 

 

Dawn, the word itself held many functions in the human's daily encyclopaedia. Originating from Old England, the word itself could be the name of a lady, based on a calm and serene nature, depicted from the imagery of the daily dawn itself. The word could also be used as a short term for the point of time which marked the beginning of twilight before sunrise actually reached out from the skyline beyond and bathed the world in the first sprays of the day's gold shower. There were many people in the world who believed that beauty healed, and pleasured in feasting their first gaze of the day onto the magnificence of dawn. Some rejected the greed of sleep in the wee hours of the morning, and took fancy to setting up tripods on lonely cliffs, waiting patiently without haste for the first peek of weak sunlight to penetrate their long lenses, as a sign that beauty would soon unfold in the dark sky.

 

As for Kris, he didn't give a rat's crap what dawn symbolized, other than the fact that EXO-M had overslept by two hours.

 

Tossing his bedclothes aside as soon as his eyes had snapped fully open to completely register the time blinking on the face of the digital clock, he leapt up and gave his snoring dormmates a harsh shake each, until all of them had at least one very pissed-off eye open, cursing him mutely with less-than-amused expressions.

 

"Up," he nearly screeched, "get up!" and without another word, scampered to the next room to kick up the other members. There were mild strings of colorfully worded expressions as they heard Kris carry out his usual routine, or rather, technique of shoving Tao off his mattress to actually get him to wake up.

 

"What the crap?" Luhan groaned, scratching his curls moodily before his eyes caught the blinking numbers on the rectangular device on the desk. Jongdae saw it as well and they both leapt up simultaneously at the exact same moment.

 

"e," Jongdae cursed, pulling off his shirt and leaping into the bathroom, "e, e and e..."

 

"That doesn't even begin to cover it," Luhan interjected, as he squirted a jet of toothpaste as long as his index finger onto his toothbrush, brushing his teeth so vigorously that his entire mouth felt numb later. Kris had returned to the room, and was kicking his way past the bed sheets and pillows scattered on the floor.

 

"Hurry up, you idiots!," he screamed, clean out of his head with panic, "we were supposed to be at Incheon terminal an hour ago!"

 

"Like you're the one to talk, put some pants on!," Jongdae screamed back, and the toilet door slammed shut.

 

*

 

Luhan

last seen yesterday at 11:10

 

Mornin.

Sehun 03:02✓✓

 

Dude, wer r u guyssss??

Sehun 03:22

 

Lulu, u der?

Sehun 03:15✓✓

 

Luhan, u guys r freakin latezzzz.

Sehun 03:35✓✓

 

Dude, u up? Junmyeon's wettin himself waiting...

Sehun 03:47✓✓

 

Luhaaaaannnnnnnn....

Sehun 04:00✓✓

 

Luhan-hyung, u .

Sehun 04:02✓✓

 

Sincerely, the forever awesome Oh Sehun.

Sehun 04:03✓✓

 

LUHAAAAANNNNNN

Sehun 04:04✓✓

 

Stupid deer.

Sehun 04:12✓✓

 

Hyung, seriously, are you okay?

Sehun 04:13✓✓

 

I just PMed Kris, he's not answering either. R u guys OK?

Sehun 04:16✓✓

 

Hyung, I'm calling our manager if u dun reply in 3 mins, okay?

Sehun 04:23✓✓

 

Hyung.

Sehun 04:25✓✓

 

I'm dialling.

Sehun 04:33✓✓

 

V OVERSLPETZZZZZ!!!!!!!!!

Luhan 04:34✓✓

 

 

SHTAP DIALLIN

Luhan 04:34✓✓

 

ON OUR WAY DAMMIT

Luhan 04:35✓✓

 

MAH INBOX BOOMED

Luhan 04:35✓✓

 

YE NUTTTZZZZ

Luhan 04:36✓✓

 

Hi, Lulu.

Sehun 04:37✓✓

 

Iz juNmyeOn pisseD?

Luhan 04:38✓✓

 

 

Not really.

Sehun 04:40✓✓

Reli?????

Luhan 04:41 ✓✓

 

Nah, he's playin angry birds.

Sehun 04:41 ✓✓

 

OH SHIZZ

Luhan 04:41 ✓✓

 

Better hurry.... nahhh, in fact. Take ur time.

Sehun 04: 42 ✓✓

 

Thanks and e u.

Luhan 04:42 ✓✓

 

Anytime.

Sehun 04:43 ✓✓

 

Oh, btw. He's playing Air Attack now.

Sehun 04:50 ✓✓

 

I DUN ND DE FEEDBAFK!!!!!!!!!

Luhan 04:51 ✓✓

 

 

 

If there was anything that Junmyeon disliked, it was tardiness, and the barely audible ticking of his own watch sounding in his ears was starting to grate on his nerves, since they signified that Kris had let their managers down for the first time. After all, he had given them his word that all of EXO would be fully assembled by four in the morning at the terminal with all their tickets in hand until the train arrived at six fifteen. After multiple cases of abuse on the EXO members, Kris and Junmyeon had talked their managers into allowing them to take their journey for that particular excursion by themselves, as having burly Koreans at each of the members' side proved nothing but eye-catching. For instance, how many times have they been ambushed by vigorous saesang fans after being caught sight of at international airports, guided by the elbow by huge (not exactly sturdily built or intimidatingly huge, just huge) bodyguards who just had to wear bright T-shirts with the blatant words SM Security imprinted over their chests in bold, fluorescent lettering under cheap black coats. Luhan had ended up falling flat on his nose more than once and Kai had emerged from the mob with a bloody nose and chin.

 

No, this time, things were going to be as hazard-free as possible. After all, they had booked the terminal for private use that morning, compliments to Junmyeon's strategist trait, even though he lacked certain authority when it came to commanding his tiny brethren.

 

As EXO-K sprawled over benches on Platform Eight, a train whistled in the distance, and Junmyeon's worries intensified.

 

"How much later can they get?," he mumbled to himself, tapping the soles of his Lanvin shoes on the platform, as Sehun's phone whistled now and then, signifying that he had tweets.

 

"Chill, hyung," the maknae stated, not concerned at all, "Luhan just replied, they're on their way."

 

"By on their way, does he mean that they're halfway out of SM building or..."

 

Just then, his question was interrupted by the clatter of hasty footsteps and the sound of Kris yelling for the others to hurry up. Junmyeon breathed again and he stood up to welcome the EXO-M members with his mouth in a slit. In no time at all, Kris' abnormally long figure had appeared at the glass entrance of the terminal checkpoint, and was handing over his tickets to the moody-looking porter stationed there. There was exhaustion etched on every members' face, especially Tao, who was supporting a limp Yixing by the shoulder, whilst on the verge of toppling over himself.

 

Luhan, on the other hand, looked pisser than the time Jongdae had sat on his Rubrix Cube.

 

Eventually, the ticket-check session ended and the EXO-M members stumbled into the terminal, up to the bemused Suho.

 

"You're early."

 

"Sock it," Kris snapped and grabbed a bottle of water from Tao's backpack, gulping it down.

 

"You're welcome," the other member glared. Just then, the first train of the day whirred into the station, right on time from the main line and whistled to a gradual stop between Platform Eight and Nine, filling the air with the smell of fuel.

 

"We overslept," Kris finally found the energy to gasp, and he looked around, all of EXO were present except for...

 

"Where're Jongin and Kyungsoo?"

 

"Oh, they did their photoshoot last week, they're apparently celebrating Youngjae's nineteenth birthday."

 

"Oh, okay."

 

"Yeah."

 

Then, Kris furrowed his eyebrows.

 

"Wait, I thought his birthday was on the twenty-fourth, that's what Jongin told me when he told me to sign a card for the dude."

 

"Yes, it is."

 

"It's the twenty-third."

 

"Don't kill yourself trying to understand them," Luhan sighed, ushering them onto the train behind Baekhun and Chanyeol, who were playing some sort of hand game with their fingers. Apparently the losers were to be slapped on the wrist, because their reddened hands were twitching as they played on, with uncomprehensible glee on their faces.

 

"Heck," Kris shrugged, "as long as I get Hyosung's number..."

 

"Speaking of Hyosung," Jongdae perked up, "she'll be at the photoshoot today with the rest of Secret and B.A.P."

 

"Heeheeeheeeeheeeee...."

 

"What's up with Yixing?" Sehun inquired, staring as Yixing giggled madly, stumbling over a bench-leg and crashing into Tao's Gucci suitcase, much to the Chinese maknae's horror. He didn't seem affected by the pain at all, but sat up and pointed at the new bruise.

 

"Heeheee, bruise. Ow. Heeheee..."

 

"He sounds like he has a crush on Heechul," Luhan rolled his eyes, "dude drank a cup of whiskey this morning, and you know what happens when he drinks..."

 

"Wait, whiskey," Junmyeon repeated, an eyebrow raised, "at four in the morning."

 

"He thought it was his multi-vitamin drink, idiot's nose needs treatment," Jongdae sighed.

 

"Anyway, the whiskey was meant for Tao's bruise after falling flat on his nose trying to race Luhan one Saturday afternoon."

 

"Dunno what went over him, he just snapped," Luhan muttered.

 

"Yeah, just screamed out a challenge in the middle of bulgoggi," Kris shook his head.

 

"We thought he had take soju instead of ginseng tea in his cup."

 

"Well of course being the sportsman I was, I could hardly decline..."

 

"And yeah, they went outside, with beef in their systems..."

 

"And ran like hell with a flimsy sign as a starting point."

 

"Now that you think of it, they didn't set the finishing line," Baekhyun frowned.

 

"Tao seemed anxious," Luhan shrugged.

 

"Excuse me, you were the anxious one," Tao interjected suddenly.

 

"Heeheeeheee....Tao was anxious. Heehee..."

 

"Yixing, you're freaking me out – stop."

 

"Luhan had a bad cramp later, but at least he didn't go flying," Kris sighed.

 

"I remember that," Baekhun chimed in, grinning "that was epic. Best race I've ever seen."

 

"It definitely challenged every single law of physics based on air resistance and gravity," Chanyeol added, shaking his head in disbelief at the memory of the event.

 

"What happened?" Minseok asked, interested, as Tao tried to keep Yixing from leaping off the pavement.

 

"He slipped, and apparently when your shoe flew off, you triggered some sort of force on your heel," Kris sighed.

 

"Yeah, he went flying."

 

"Must've been twelve feet."

 

"Nah, ten tops."

 

"Heeeheeeheee...."

 

"He almost went flying into the way of impending traffic, but like I said, his freestyle in the air challenged every Physics theory in the world."

 

"He went up, up and up," Jongdae gestured, "then, I guess our little Wushu Master might have tried to break his fall, so..."

 

"He spinned."

 

"What?" Junmyeon and Minseok chorused in disbelief.

 

"Seriously, he started spinning in the air, his limbs in all directions..."

 

"Funnily, we couldn't see his head, so I think he tucked it inwards or something."

 

"And he freaking spinnned for a full three seconds until he crashed onto the pavement."

 

"On his , so yeah, half of Seoul got knocked out to lunch."

 

"Ouch," Junmyeon grimaced.

 

"Train No. 243, now boarding for Muju Terminal!" A resounding yell rang through the terminal and all of the EXO members scurried with their baggage to the hissing doors eagerly. Kris helped load their stuff into the baggage compartment. Tao was trying to stop Yixing from looking under the sleepers.

 

"So, that's the story," Luhan clapped his hands, "he sprained a knee and got boxed in the ear by our trainer, so he's applying alcohol on his knee until it heals," he gestured towards Yixing, "he missed his rub today though, because Genius there, gulped it all down."

 

"Heeeheee, Me like trains," Yixing giggled on and Tao pulled him desperately by the collar to get him aboard.

 

"If you like them so much, then why aren't you getting on?"

 

"Heeeheeee, choo choo..."

 

"Since when are you guys so close?" A voice suddenly inquired, and Tao looked up in time to see a familiar gummy smile, outlined with a purple hairdo.

 

"Hey, Yongguk," Tao managed a grin as B.A.P made their way from the checkpoint into the terminal, "did you guys oversleep too?"

 

"Nah, our dorm's ten minutes from here," Daehyun waved at the other EXO members as they exchanged greetings. Chanyeol looked especially pleased to see Yongguk, and waved madly.

 

"Heeheeeheee, purple hair, grape hair. Ugly hair."

 

EXO froze, so did B.A.P..

 

"Yongguk, I'm so sorry, he's..."

 

"Drunk," Yongguk nodded, unfazed, "I can smell the booze from here."

 

"He's pretty much vulnerable when it comes to alcohol, to say the least," Jongdae shook his head.

 

"No kidding," Him Chan commented drily, "but four in the morning's kind of ...?"

 

"We'll tell you about it on the train," Luhan smiled as he helped Jong Up with his backpack.