A NEW PROMISE PART 2

My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark

 


ce55178f92220bc5f11f364.jpg

Chaptire 3 A NEW PROMISE



Yoochun gave out a loud sigh emphasizing his boredom as loud as he could. Upon entering his room he cautiously reminded himself that he invited his hyungs to stay over, but so far they were nowhere in sight, so he prepared himself mentally for a surprise.

Just fourteen years old he had watched his fair share of - but what is now unfolding in front of him- in his very own bedroom- is quite disturbing to his eyes.

"OK...AHEM...hyungs," he emphasized wrinkling his face for dramatic effect. "When I said I totally accept you for who you are, I didn't mean hump like bunnies every five minutes."

Yoochun entered a scene where Jaejoong lay shirtless beneath the Four Season's* maknae Yunho. The elder's hands down the maknae's pants, and his triceps flexing, clearly workingvery hard at work.

Yunho's chubby cheeks became red with embarrassment he quickly pulled away from Jaejoong's hot breathe and covered himself with a pillow, meanwhile Jaejoong scowled at the sudden disturbance- he was thoroughly enjoying his lover's flexible tongue exploring his mouth.

"Chunnie," Jaejoong pouted, "I just missed my Yunnie."

Yoochun rolled his eyes, "Listen, when you guys get caught, I don't know you either one of you!"

"That's not fair! You cover for Heechul and Hangeng all the time! That's favoritism!" Jaejoong's face flushed with anger as he threw a pillow at a spazzing Yoochun who ran away away cackling.

"Heechul gives me free beer for my services! No beer! No service !"

Yoochun ran out of the room before he suffered through any more of Jaejoong's famous fits. Siding with Heechul, meant siding with the devil, which meant getting on Jaejoong's bad side, which ultimately became an event even worse-er than meeting Satan himself.

He locked himself in the bathroom,  his eyes crinkling  as a grin spread on his face, he shouted, "I won't let you sneak around my room anymore without a fee! I have videos hyung! I am not afraid to use them!" He felt something hard hit the bathroom door, he stepped  back in case Jaejoong tries to ram it open. For a princess type he had disturbingly accumulated a lot of muscles in his upper body area. Like a venus fly trap, a beautiful delicate flower with a slim waist, but the bastard can certainly pack a punch. Probably a survival technique to ward off old men. 

In the meantime, he gawked at his new haircut, enjoying the view. He ran his fingers through his blonde buzz cut. It accentuated his jaw line pretty well and gave his face a much older look by casting attention to his high cheek bones and plump lips.

Although, it certainly was not approved by the old land lady who lived downstairs. Every morning she would hurl a severed chicken foot in his direction, and in her rough satori dialect would mumble on about the devil possessing him. Which in response to that, only made him more mischievous and he continuously made a pass at her hot daughter, insinuating that he wanted to plant his devil seed inside her.

He heard his cell phone ring outside. He decided to stop hiding like a coward. Slowly he tip toed toward the door, and peaked out  of a small crack, making sure that the moment he steps out, his beautiful face won't end up with a fistful of Jaejoong's wrath.

Sighing, he realized the coast is clear, and he made a run for it. He found that his hyungs had already left, he freely picked up the phone on his table. His eyes widened at the information being conveyed to him.

"Ok, I'm on my way, set him on my bed and don't do anything for the time being, I will handle everything myself," he hung up the cell phone, went to get his jacket and bolted out of the door in excitement.



Yoochun entered the building of his private apartment in the richest part of Gangnam. It was a nice and secluded penthouse especially granted to him by his father for his private affairs. Whether he conducts his usual business or brings a girl home, it was entirely his choice.

He entered the golden doors of the building greeted and escorted with utmost care by an entourage of maids and ushers who continuously kissed his upon his every visit, hoping for a generous tip. Transparent glass and gold everywhere decorated throughout the lobby. Potted fake plants and tacky portraits of American Presidents for the tourists.

He entered the elevators and pressed the topmost floor, number 62.




Meanwhile, Changmin opened his eyes to find himself once again in a foreign place and on a hotel bed. He mentally scolded himself for being such a weakling and blacking out once again. Always ending up in the wrong hands. His last memory was when he was in the ferry. Saying his final good byes to his brother, he managed to sneak in with little problems, and tucked himself into a supply crate.

His head was slightly hurting and his throat was burning from lack of water. He tried to attempt getting up from the bed he was confined to. He realized his right hand was handcuffed to bar of the bed over his head. Which would explain why there was a dull pain in his muscles from stiffness.

He heard the click of a gun and suddenly his attention transferred onto a figure who sat next to his bed. The figure appeared to be a teenager.

"Good morning sunshine," he said with a neutral tone. "Mind telling me what you were doing on my property?"

Changmin looked at him in confusion. Still not quite understanding the situation, he tried to be as small as possible and scooted to the nearest corner of the bed away from the cold gaze of the figure across from him.

A gun was raised to Changmin's forehead. "Say something right now," the figure began to say, still neutral. "Or I will have to kill you. I honestly don't care. I don't need any ransom money. I need to know who you are. Are you a spy?"

The younger boy gulped, his eyes still wide, all his attention was now on the gun in front of him. Frozen with fear, hungry, and eyes burning. He felt fatigue weighing his bones down to ground. Weary and tired.

He sat uncaring, "Shoot me. You'll be doing me a favor."

Still expressionless. The figure looked back the boy in front of him.




CLICK



"Boom, Bang, you're dead," The expressionless figure now started laughing like a hyena, the cold facade faded, his face became softer. His eyes were sparkling half moons that gazed at Changmin with emotions of endearment. He tossed the empty gun aside on the floor and popped some gum in his mouth.

Changmin became more disturbed by the nutcase in front of him.

" 'Sup kid, why so serious?"

He offered some gum to Changmin, who just sat there staring at him slack jawed. Sighing the figure spoke again, "Listen you show me yours I'll show you mine!"

Changmin protectively crossed his arms across his chest.

"Oh for s sake, I'm not going to molest you. I meant tell me your ing name. My real name Yoochun ok? Park, Yoochun."

Normally Yoochun would go with a fake name when dealing with strangers, but this is just a scared little kid. He almost looked his younger brother Yoowhan's age, totally harmless.

Changmin finally found his voice, "M-my name is Shhim Ch-changmin."

Yoochun's eyes widened. Maybe not completely harmless. Cautiously he scanned Changmin's outer appearance, which only made Changmin retract backwards even further. "Can you just relax? I told I won't molest you, for god's sake."

Changmin pouted and retracted back, "Your eyes are greasy."

Yoochun let out a laugh, "Ha, kid you're funny, but I'm not the one who smells like dog . When was the last time you took a shower.

The younger boy suddenly relaxed how badly he smelled and became self-conscious. Wearing only a simple black t-shirt and cargo pants, he didn't have time to even think of packing an extra set of clothes.

"We found you passed out on a ferry near the docks located on my father's territory. I know you're Yu Huan's boy, care to tell me from where that ferry was coming from?" Yoochun's face was now serious.

A light bulb clicked in Changmin's head. Park. He recognized that last name. They were a part of one of leaders of the most ruthless gangs and terrorist organizations in the underworld of 
South Korea. Right now, he was in the clutches of the Dark Prince.

"Look Changmin, I'll let you in on a little secret later. I promise I won't hurt you, if you promise to take a shower," he teased the younger boy. Yoochun smiled warmly and looked at him with genuine care in his eyes. He got up from the chair and pointed to the direction of the bathroom and a change of clothes near the doorstep.

A guard came from outside and un-cuffed Changmin from the bed. Who sat there speechless.

'Where did I end up this time...I'm worse-er than Alice in Wonderland...'



He got out of the bathroom refreshed and felt like new. It was weird for him to wear clothing much bigger than himself. He put on Yoochun's sweatshirt and shorts. Walking around the room, he realized that Yoochun's pictures were placed on the wall, indicating this was his personal bedroom. In the picture frames he was standing next to a younger boy, maybe his brother, and a woman that resembled them both. Maybe his family? His mother...

Changmin closed his eyes and let out a shuddering breath. Trying to forget the negative memories and the pent up emotions from his never ending nightmare.

He walked out of the bedroom and heard an interesting sound. A piano. The beautiful melody of Fleur De Lis. The way his mother used to play. He could bring the memory of his mother forth in front of his own eyes as her beautiful long fingers patted the piano keys creating the soothing harmony. 

Following the sound he entered a spacious living room. A bright diamond chandelier brightened the interior. Yoochun sat on a bench with closed eyes and he methodically and effortlessly hit the keys to summon the right notes. Feeling the presence of another body, he looked up at the younger boy and once again smiled at him. With the nod of his head he gestured for Changmin to come stand beside him.

"Do you like music?" he asked.

Changmin shrugged his shoulders, wondering why this was relevant.

"You know, music is a beautiful thing. The notes, when alone, are misplaced and misguided. Imagine an entire orchestra just playing however they like because they wanted to do as they please. The whole auditorium would be in utter shock. The music wouldn't exist. It would just be chaos. No control. How horrid. The conductor stands there with a metronome, telling each and every one of the instruments how to behave. He provides order. But, it also depends on the type of conductor. There is one who will care for the ears of the audience and provide a soothing melody to please them and ensure them of future times filled with peace and happiness. On the flip side, the conductor can be selfish force the instruments into tumult and rebelliousness, forcing the audiences' ears to bleed."

Changmin stared at Yoochun. Eyes unblinking.

"Changmin," the oldest said his name calmly. "I am a musician. Music for me is where I find my peace and order. The one place where I can control my life."

Now the younger boy looked at him with confusion.

Continuing to play on the piano, now he was playing a self-composed melody. He didn't need to read the notes, it came straight from his heart.

"You know, I already saw you once. I didn't recognize you at first. But, I remember. You were so small and tiny. You still have your adorable baby fat. My most favorite thing about you though, is that your eyes have never changed. Still innocent and full of emotion. You are definitely not your father's son."

The younger lowered his head.

"Changmin-ah, my men found you on an abandoned ferry. You would've died by the hands of another if we didn't bring you here."

Changmin looked up his eyes glistening and full of emotion, "Why didn't you let me die? Isn't your family known for being violent and homicidal maniacs?"

The music suddenly stopped. Yoochun's hands cast a brief shadow as they hovered above the piano. He let out a small sigh and looked at Changmin while making a duck face pout, imitating his pal Jaejoong when he felt like being cute.


Changmin again was taken aback by this odd behavior.

"Miiiinnieee-ah," he sang playfully. "My family doesn't even kill for fun anymore."


Again the youngest looked at him with confusion. 

The oldest felt a sudden nostalgia when the boy looked at him. He needs guidance. Clearly he’s homeless. He couldn’t have been kidnapped. All his bones are intact. He looks like a runaway.

Yoochun spoke again, his voice louder and more boisterous, filling the entire room as he explained his family history.

“Changmin-ah, sit down on the couch. The little secret I wanted to tell you must be kept between us. Looking at you nearly grown up, I see in your eyes that you are more than a son of a gangster. I want to know why fate has made us cross paths. I want to be able to help you. My family no longer kills or deals drugs or anything of that sort. My father has long reformed the game of the Park family since my grandfather died. This is a small piece of information that I shared with you, now you share with me.”

Yoochun felt that the only way for the kid to cooperate is if he shares bits and pieces of himself as an exchange.

He still didn’t trust the older boy but slowly he opened up, “I was escaping from Jeju Island.”

Yoochun looked up at him carefully, “Were you kidnapped?”

“No. My father has a facility there.”

“I see…” Yoochun took out a small notebook and marked something inside it. “Your father is being watched after by MI6 sent from England. He stepped out of bounds with some deals and ended up getting his paperwork red lighted in Europe. But I won’t bore you with this nonsense. My family specializes in assisting cops with sting operations. We still keep up the façade of a gang. But, this way we can keep control over the underworld.” 

The day progressed so well that Changmin  began to look up at Yoochun with admiration. Slowly the day faded and Yoochun managed to slowly pry more of Changmin’s heart open. It wasn’t that hard. The kid was dying, no- begging, to be loved and cherished. His whole life story was practically unwinding out of his head and his chest. Six hours straight he doesn’t stop crying. He is finally in tune with his normal twelve year old mentality. He’s scared. He shaking. He doesn’t want his father to find him. He wants to be with his sisters and his older brother that he left behind. He felt like utter scum. Yoochun coaxed him and doted on him like his own younger brother was in front of him.

“Minnie, I don’t have really good relations with my dad either. Right now my family is in a. My little brother and my mom as well. My parents are divorced. You can’t lose faith. Never lose the faith. We’ll find your sisters. I’ll help you. What you need to do right now is build a new life for yourself. You’re only twelve.”

“Hyung, how come you’re not with your family?”

“Well, somebody needs to man the fort down here. My father isn’t exactly healthy right now.  I handle most of his work. But, I’m actually a trainee.”

Changmin looked up at him in shock, “A trainee? Have you ever killed anyone?”

“No you pabo,” Yoochun flicked him on the forehead, “I’m a singer, I plan on debuting solo hopefully in a few years.”

“No wonder you look like a rejected backstreet boy,” Changmin stuck his tongue out at his hyung. Yoochun wrapped an arm around the younger’s neck and caught him in head lock. He saw the cutest smile and mismatched eyes he had ever seen. The boy in front of him was so pure. He felt like preserving that.

“Hyung, I can’t start my life over, my father will find me and return me back to Jeju. Back to hell.”

“Min, you’re under my protection now. Everyone still gets scared less hearing my name in the dark.”

“All they have to do is look at your face! That’s more than enough to kill a person.” Changmin retorted back with a grin. 

Yoochun flicked him on the forehead playfully again, “You snarky child, shut up.”

They sat side by side, the hours went by again and suddenly Yoochun jumped up in excitement. 
“You know kid, you’re pretty good looking,” he scanned Changmin from top to bottom. “You’re tall for a twelve year old and have some prominent features. In fact…you kind of resemble Kangta if I squint…a lot.”

To which Changmin quickly scooted away again from Yoochun’s greasy stares. Yoochun face-palmed and explained, “What I mean is you can try becoming a trainee like me. Maybe try modeling or acting. I don’t know how your voice is, but they’re always looking for good looking kids. That way I can keep an eye on you. I will also register you for high school as well. Education is important. I don’t want you to get stupid. But with your sharp tongue you’ll get anywhere.”

Changmin protested at the thought of going to school He had forgotten how to socialize. He didn’t even like the idea of being a trainee. “But, what if I’m found out? I doubt I have a great voice. I at singing, I sound like a dead bird. My skin is bad, my nose is too bulbous. Hyung I’m completely ugly. I don’t even think I’ll get famous. Who would want to be my fan? I won’t even make it past the door.”

“Changmin-ah calm down. You’ll get a stage name at some point. Trust me some very ugly people have passed through the doors of SM entertainment.”

“SM? As in the company where BOA is from?” Changmin’s attention was now peaked. 

“Yup,” Yoochun nodded smiling, “Plus, the music industry from what I hear isn’t that much different from gang business. Same shady-ness and under the table crap. Except the beautiful thing about the music, is you can bring a smile to a person’s face. Genuinely making someone happy. I used to play on the streets once for fun with my guitar. Small little girls came up to me with huge smiles on their faces. That’s the most important thing.”

Changmin still felt skittish and uncomfortable. 

“Changmin,” he continued. “I can get you a simple janitorial job at the company so I can see you coming and going safely. Until you become your own person and graduate from high school, I’ll make sure you are protected.”

Yoochun put some music on and played Etta James’ Something’s Got a Hold of Me

Sometimes I get a good feeling
I get a feeling that I never, never had before
And I got to tell you right now
I believe, I really do believe that

Something's got a hold on me
(Oh, it must be love)
Something's got a hold on me right now child




As the music played they fell asleep heads resting on the couch. Yoochun opened his eyes and brought out a blanket. He looked at Changmin’s face and noticed how young his companion is. He covered him with a blanket and whispered, “I’ll find your sisters. I always keep my promises. I have my own mission in life. To help others and guide them.” 



Let me tell you now
My heart feels heavy, my feet feel light
I shake all over, but I feel alright
I never felt like this before
Something's got a hold on me that won't let go
I never thought it could happen to me
My heart was heavy when in misery
I never thought it could be this way
Love's sure gonna put a hurting on me
***Author's Note: Four Seasons- Was the band Kangin, Heechul, Jaejoong and Yunho were in pre-debut. Yunho was the youngest.