Ko Youngsun: The Tomboy Maknae

DVNTs ♪ SM's 1st Coed group
Name: Ko Youngsun
 
Nicknames: Essa, Hyunnie, Yo (by Hanuel and Ryu Young)
 
Age: 18 (internationally 17)
 
Birthday: December 25, 1994
 
Ethnicity: Korean-American
 
Pre-debut
 
 
Heigt, Weight: 165cm, 48kg
 
Personality: 
a tomboyish girl and outgoing who is very pretty but doesn't believe if people tell her, she would actually laugh if people tell her how beautiful she is.
is easy to make friends with but doesn't like girls that only thinks about boys and dresses.
Very caring to her friends and family but sometimes can be VERY stubborn.she doesn't like it when people would boss her around.She hates it when her friends cry or get hurt.
Essa is very brave and will never back down when it comes to fight, well actually Essa likes fights but since she started training under SMent she avoided them. but if you ever piss her off and call her friends' name under the sun then you better watch out. you'll never get awkward when with her coz she really likes to chat about random things.
she has awesome vocals that can hit the roof and great dance step that can beat any professional dancer.She is also good when it comes to instruments,she can play the Guitar,piano,flute,violin,cello,clarinet and more.! :) but her favorite is guitar coz Essa likes acoustic music more.her composing abilities is not bad too. Essa loves music and everything related to it, MUSIC is her LIFE.
She loves reading books and bracelet.she actually collects them.
even though her family is very VERY rich,she still down to earth and doesn't used her money for fame and is very independent. doesn't like boasting about anything.
she hates using money that she didn't work hard for.
She loves animals and babies especially does cute and pinch-able cheeks.she also loves taking pictures.
her fashion is SHIRT-JEANS-CONVERSE type of fashion but her sister Hyunri tries to change it. as I said Essa is tomboyish but don't get me wrong she also has a crush on someone. She really hates wearing girly things like dress,skirts,and high heels.
she is very sporty and excel in a lot of sports like Taekwondo, volleyball, baseball, basketball, soccer and badminton but Essa is more fund of playing Taekwondo.
Essa hates bullies so much she would become the bullies of the bullies.
most people would under estimate her for her pretty face that looks very vulnerable but she is really very good in a lot of things including,acting, singing, dancing, cooking, and  fighting.(street fights not cat fights)
Hobbies: 
-reading books
-listening to music
-playing her guitar
-collecting books and bracelet(not those girly one but those boyish one that says 'EMO')\
-taking pictures, going to beach and pools
-composing songs with her guitar
-surfing the net
-watching TV
-Cooking
Likes 
-her IPod          
-her IPhone
-her guitar        
-ice cream
-chocolates        
-jeans
-her books          
-her collections
-fur animals like dogs and hamster.
-converse or sneakers as long as it's a shoes without a heal
-sweets
-Music
-cute babies
-Photography
-Trees
Dislikes: 
-High heels              
-short pants
-mini dress-skirts        
-plastic Person
-over confident person    
-overreacting girls (OA)
-boastful people
-bossing around
-smoking
-Bullies
-syringe
-bikes
    _G~I~R~L~Y~~T~H~I~N~G~S_
 
Habits 
-nibbling on lips when scared or nervous or bored
-tapping of fingers and foot when impatient
-curling her hair with her hands when bored
-chewing gum when playing the guitar
-crossing her arm when waiting for someone or when angry
-puffing her cheeks when bored or angry
-biting on nails when nervous
-cranking on knuckles
 
 
Family 
Essa has two siblings and she is the youngest.
the eldest is Ko Hyunri. she is the reason why Essa is addicted to books but you can never call her a nerd coz she is a total fashionista(that's her work by the way). She always try and change Essa's fashion but when she would drag Essa to the mall Essa would ran and go to the music store or Books store.
the middle and the only boy is Ko Jae Seung and he is the reason why Essa is so brave and excel in a lot of sports. He hates it when guys would go near Essa coz he is over-protective of her but he doesn't have to coz Essa can beat any gangster that messes with her. Jae Seung loves music just like Essa that's why they get along more but don't get me wrong,the three siblings are very close and if one messes with the other then it is a war. Jae Seung is a famous engineer in Asia and Europe.
Essa's father is a captain of the biggest cruise ship in the world while Essa's mother owns a five-star hotel in Korea,China, Singapore,Philippines, USA, and Canada. but even though everyone is busy, they still find time to hang out and have fun together.
 
Character BIO 
Essa was born in Toronto, Texas USA and grow up there but when she was 6 years old her family has to go back to Korea coz of there business. She's not rebel and she actually loves her family very much but she just like having fights. is already addicted to music, sports and books at a young age of 5. she has a friends before who always get bullied and because of that she started hating bullies and would save anyone getting bullied.


Before becoming a trainee of SMent, Essa was just a normal rich girl wait WHAT? Did I just call Essa normal? What I meant is a trouble maker. Essa would go around Seoul looking for trouble.Essa siblings really know how talented their sister is and so they made her audition with a bet.  Essa didn't really want to audition for SMent but she and her brother made a bet that if she gets accepted in SMent her brother will buy her the new electric guitar that Essa really wanna buys but can't coz she is underage and also a set of books that Essa loves so much so immediately she took the challenge and went to audition for SMent together with her brother and sister who keeps nagging her to wear something attractive like dress and heels but Essa would just shrug it off.
after a week she receive a phone call from one of the CEO of SMEnt saying that she is accepted and should go directly to the SMent building.
She was so happy not coz she was accepted but coz she will have her new set of books and have the  new electric guitar.
She is one of  LSM's favorite from the start.

Essa hates bicycle because of one accident when she was still 9 years old.
Ko family were having a vacation that time in the mountain sides.
Essa was trying to learn bicycle on her own so every morning she would wake up early to go to a flat area to practice there.
that place where Essa would practice is very lonely and no people live there but one morning when Essa was practicing on the flat area as always, she thought she saw a cat passed so she pulled the breaks but the breaks wasn't working and she panicked. Essa's bicycle was heading to a corner and she pump into a rock making her fall to the ground. Her chin heats a sharp rock and it made a big opened wound.
Essa didn't faint but she feels like fainting. She has no choice but to stand up and go home but she feels so weak.
The bicycle was broken but Essa still brought it along her.
She walked all the way home with a big wound on her chin dripping blood.
From where she crash it was far away from her home but she manage because Essa never quit.
When she got home, her cousin saw her with blood dripping from her chin and her cousin fainted because of that.
Her mother saw her and immediately rushes her to the hospital. Because of that Essa earned a 4 stitch in the chin.  
 
 
Stage Name: Essa

Position in the group: Maknae and Lead Female Vocalist 
 
Personal Fanclub name: Boyish hearts
 
Talents 
beside from singing, dancing and rapping
-back flips
-composing songs with her guitar
-break dancing
-very flexible but haven't have any proper training
-cooking Chinese, Japanese and English foods
-taking wonderful pictures
-excels in a lot of sports especially Taekwondo
-can play many intruments
-can speak English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese and Italian
-can do multiple chord in her guitar
 
 
Other: Sometimes she sleeps on other people's stomach 
 
 
 

Sorry for the lack of updates! Mah! NO MORE SCHOOL!!!! I feel so old now. Well my laptop crashed so I only have computer access on MOndays, but I'll try to update asap!