AN ANGEL --- Remembering the Past

AN ANGEL ( DRAMA)(SERIES)(ON GOING)



CHAPTER TWO:

Under the tree the two brothers were staying quiet. Saengie was still sleeping in Kyu's arms. Some of the villagers came to ask how Saeng was doing because everyone knew them.

Kyu greeted everyone and spoke to them and said that Saeng was taking a nap. He was often asked if he wanted to eat or drink but only answered that he will wait for Saeng to wake up and then join him then.

There were more singers and dancers who came to the stage. And there were speeches that were said. There were many people there enjoying the entertainment being showcased at the town proper.

Many brought food that they shared for the get together. There was 3 tables full of food and there was a space available for the drinks too. Some even cooked food right there and then so people will enjoy them while they were hot and there were some who brought food for a barbecue.



Kyu's private thoughts

(Looking down at Saeng hand combing his hair. And touching the side of his face.) Ahh his sleeping so peacefully like an angel sleeping with no problem from the world.

My big brother in my arms. It was so different then . .

But now I'm the big brother . . I'm the big little brother . . and he is the little big brother . . how our roles have changed.

That day . .

That faithful day .

Three years ago this day was that faithful day when it happened. And even before that many things happened . . that changed their world. Kyu kept looking at Saeng's sleeping form.




( Kyu going back in time to the past. )

Kyu is crying very hard while Saeng held the jar that holds their mother's ashes. Saeng was crying too.

She was very sick but did not tell them about it until it was too late to do anything about it. She was suffering from ulcers for a long time but did not take the proper medicines for them and did not visit the doctors until the pain was too much for her to bare. And the ulcers became cancer.

She had a biopsy done and the cancer had already spread from her stomach to her intestines, she was already on the last stages of the cancer. She was too weak to have a chemotherapy to fight the cancer. The doctors could only give her medicine to manage the pain.

Both of them saying, " Omma, Omma, Omma" Tears flowing down their cheeks unchecked.

Saeng gave the jar to a person who will place it at the plot were she will be buried. They were at the town cemetery.

Their were many people with them at that time almost the whole villagers and other villagers came for the burial. Some of their relatives and friends came too.

They buried their mother that day and they were left alone, their father has long since been dead. Their mother was the sole bread winner and Saeng is going to a university through scholarships while Kyu is still in high school.

After the burial many patted their backs and said their condolences some gave them hugs and shook their hands showing their condolence.

After everyone has left and leaving them behind the two brothers just stayed there looking at their mother's grave silently grieving with tears still flowing from their eyes. Nobody spoke.

Kyu fell to his knees and continued crying Saeng fell along with him crying, they were side by side and gave him a hug his arms going around Kyu. And Kyu held his arm.

Saeng spoke, " It is going to be alright Kyu I promise I'm going to look after you. I'll find a job while I'm still in school and you just continue your studies. Don't worry about the expenses I'll take care of them. "

Saeng continued after a pause still hugging Kyu, " I'll be here for you, I promise."

Kyu spoke, " Big brother . . big brother. . " Turned his body and gave Saeng a hug. "Promise? You're not going to leave me? Promise?", Kyu was crying.

Saeng answered, " I promise."

Saeng moved and removed the arms of Kyu from around him and faced him. Saeng spoke, " Let's even pinkey swear . ." Showing his pinkey to Kyu.


Kyu looked at his brother's little finger and at the face of his brother then back to the little finger and raised his own and though he was crying gave his pinkey finger to his brother and their thumps touched and they shook hands. Completing a pinkey swear. Then they hug each other again.

They swear in-front of their mother's grave to be there for each other.

The two brothers stayed at their mother's grave for a while. They sat together side by side not talking but sharing a companionable silence.

Then they went home. Saeng had his arm on Kyu's shoulder and Kyu had his arm on his.

 

 

* * *

Next Chapter to follow: