AN ANGEL -- When an Angel Sings

AN ANGEL ( DRAMA)(SERIES)(ON GOING)

A BROTHER'S LOVE
KNOWS NO BOUND
SEES NO FLAW
HEARS NO COMMENT

HAVING A HEART
LISTENING QUIETLY
BEATING WITH JOY
PURELY ACCEPT



Chapter One:


Everyone is listening so intently to the young man singing in the small stage set by the committee for the get together in the town proper in the country side.

An old lady spoke to her friend slightly inclining her head to her right and said, " It's like listening to an angel singing. He makes my heart feels lighter." And her friend nodded her head too engrossed listening to answer her. She even has her eyes closed.

Everyone else is silent and not even the children made any noise. And even the animals seems to listen to the singer. The only sound that can be heard is the music and the voice of the singer.

And when the music ended everyone clapped their hands and everyone was smiling. Some even stood up to show their appreciation.

The singer was all smile and while holding the microphone was clapping himself. He saw his brother and put the microphone down on the floor went down from the stage and run to him.

"Did I do good? Did I do good?", He asked his brother. Looking with all smile at his brother looking for approval.

"Yes Saengie, you did very good. You sang so beautifully everyone loved it.", Kyu said to him.

"So I did good,right? I did good?", Saeng asked again.

"Yes, you did good.", Kyu answered. " You're suppose to sing one more song Saengie come on and go back to the stage and sing one more song."

"But I'm already tired, big brother.", Saeng said to him his lower lip is protruding. Saeng looked down on the ground and his hands started playing with his t-shirt on his side twisting them with his fingers.

" It is only one more song Saengie, please and then it is the end you'll be finished with your part of the program.", Kyu said to him.

Saeng was looking at his feet twisting his t-shirt and did not answer at once.

" I'll go up if you come with me." Saeng answered him.

Kyu started thinking that he better do what Saeng said or he will not go back to the stage and sing his last song.

"It's alright Saengie, I'll go up the stage with you if that is what you want.", Kyu said to Saeng.

Saeng looked up and smiled and touched Kyu's right arm with his left hand with the tips of his fingers. " Yes, I like.", Saeng said.

Kyu took Saeng's left hand with his right hand and led him back to the stage. Everyone was patiently waiting for Saeng to sing his last song. They all saw him come down from the stage and went to his brother. Now they see them both going back up to the stage.

And when they reached the center of the stage Kyu picked up the microphone with his left hand still holding Saeng's hand with his right hand, he straightened up and started giving it back to Saeng but Saeng refused to hold the microphone unsmiling with a pout and said, "I'm tired, you hold the mi..cro..phone."

Kyu smiled at Saeng knowing he is acting out because he is already tired, " It's alright Saengie, I'll hold the microphone for you and I'll stand right here beside you while you sing."

He smiled at his brother then lost his smile again and said, "But I'm tired standing. I want to sit."

"Alright, I'll get you a chair wait just a moment. okey?", Kyu said to Saeng.

"Don't leave me here!", Tightening his hold on Kyu's hand all of a sudden Saeng did not want to be left alone on the stage.

"It's alright Saeng, I'm just right here. " Kyu said to Saeng.

Kyu spoke to the microphone, " I'm sorry about this but our Saengie is a little tired and wishes to sit down while he sings his last song. Could someone please hand me a chair for Saengie."

One man took a chair and climbed the stage and placed it at the center of the stage. Kyu nodded to the man to show his gratitude. Saeng nodded too following Kyu's action. The man nodded to both of them and went down right after.

"Here Saengie, you can sit down.", Kyu said to Saeng.

Saeng sat on the chair still holding Kyu's hand.

Saeng looked up at Kyu and spoke, "Okey, Let's sing, I'm ready."

Kyu looked at the person who has the cd ready and cued him with a nod to play the song.

With Kyu holding the microphone for Saeng, who sang his heart out for the people at the town proper. Everyone was mesmerized by his voice. They are all willing to wait for Saeng to sing.

And when the song ended everyone was touched by the way Saeng sang the song and some were even teary eyed. They were all clapping their hands and many were standing. The wait was all worth it.

Saeng still holding Kyu's hand was clapping his hands and was all smile seeing the happy faces in-front of him.

Saeng looked up at Kyu with a smile and asked, "I did good,right? I did good?"

Kyu answered him, " Yes Saengie, you did good."

Saeng stood up released Kyu's hand and placed both his arms around his shoulders and hugged him. Kyu hugged him by the waist.

"I did good. I did good. Omma will like it, right big brother?", Saeng said.

"Yes, you did good and Omma will like it.", Kyu answered.

Saeng whispered to Kyu, " Big brother I'm tired, I'm hungry, I'm thirsty."

Kyu spoke softly to him, " It's alright Saengie, we could rest now and if you want to eat and drink it is alright too."

Saeng said, " It is okey?" Still hugging Kyu.

Kyu answered, "Yes, it is okey." Still hugging Saeng.

Saeng moved back a little and looked at Kyu his hands on Kyu's shoulder, "I'm sleepy."

Kyu answered, " Eat first and drink some water before you go to sleep."

Saeng said, "Too sleepy." His hands fell to his side.

Kyu looked at Saeng's eyes, which were blinking and half closed, and saw that he is about to fall asleep standing up.

Kyu spoke to Saeng holding him by the shoulders, " Let's go down from the stage and find somewhere you can take a nap." Arlready guiding Saeng off the stage.

Saeng was already faltering with his steps and Kyu had to hold Saeng to him. He was like a drunk walking almost asleep on his feet with his head already nodding off and his eyes already closing.

They walked as far as a bench under a tree and Kyu helped Saeng to sit while holding his shoulder. Saeng is about to fall if Kyu was not holding him.

Kyu sat beside him and held him by the shoulder and Saeng's head on his shoulder. Saeng was already fast asleep sitting beside him.

Saeng was so Kyu spoke softly to him, " I'm right here Saeng, I'm right here."

Saeng woke up and opened his eyes slightly and looked at Kyu. He raised his feet up to the bench and inclined half of his body to Kyu and went back to sleep. Kyu held him and arranged to sit more comfortably to hold Saeng while he slept.

 

* * *

Next Chapter to follow: