Two

Deeply Rooted
 
When I requested Hyun Ae to address me by the name Ricky, she seemed to be deep in thought.
 
“Changhyun,” she suddenly spoke.
 
I looked up from the ice cream cup in my hand, and fixated my eyes on her, who sat beside me. Our eyes didn’t meet, however, since hers were on her own cup in her hands.
 
“Changhyun, Changhyun, Changhyun,” she carefully chanted. “I like that name, oppa. It’s nice.” She slowly swirled the half-melted strawberry ice cream in her cup. “Why do you go with Ricky? Any significance?”
 
“Oh, because...” I hesitated for a while.
 
 
"My boyfriend is so cute.” She pinched my nose. “From now on, I’m calling you Ricky. I thought of the name last night. Cool, isn’t it?”
 
She smiled, revealing deep dimples on both cheeks, which I adored so much. I let my gaze linger on her face for a while. Completing her facial features were a pair of mesmerizing eyes, which were accompanied by perfectly sculptured eyebrows that still looked pretty even when she frowned; a round nose; a pair of cherry-like, full lips; and fair skin. Her visual was one to be envied for by other girls her age indeed.
 
“Let it be your pet name," she continued, still referring to the name that she claimed of creating it the night before. "But,” she lifted a forefinger this time, and placed it in front of her cutely scrunched up face, as if to give a warning, “to be used only by me.”
 
I chuckled and brought the finger down. “Okay, only you can use that pet name.”
 
 
“My family members and close friends address me by that name.”
 
Then, in a playful manner, I leaned to Hyun Ae and placed my hand over the side of my mouth, feigning a whisper, “Only the ones who I’m comfortable with though,” before giving her a smile. Knowing that she would melt with just my eye smile.
 
Noticing the faint blush tainting her cheeks as she nodded weakly, I felt a little accomplished. Though I couldn’t deny the feeling of guilt that started to creep up on me.
 
 
“Only you can use that name,” I promised her.
 
 
Hyun Ae, I’m sorry.
 
For using you to relive the moments that I had with her.
 
For using you to assure myself that she had never left my side.
 
 
 

[ A/N ]
 
This was short, but it's intended to be that way. The next one will be deliberately longer, no worries.
 
New subscriber: IdaDayahh
Upvoter: badvolkan91
 
Thank you so much!  And as always, comments are loved.
 
Posted: 20/12/2013, 00:45