My biggest fan

Peanut Dugun Dugun.

 


Please read the Note at the end. 

 

 
 
 
Have you been to a place where all you see is one person? 
 
 
Have you been to a place where all you hear is his voice? 
 
 
Have you been to a place where all you smell is his scent? 
 
 
Have you been to a place where all you remember is him? 
 
 
 
The sun is still the same. Shining brightly as its rays penetrates my skin. 
 
The wind is still the same. Calming my nerves as I recall all sorts of things. 
 
The Flowers are still the same. Its vibrant colors blinding my eyes as the sun's rays hit it. 
 
And I am still the same. Missing you more each day. 
 
________________
 
 
It was a rainy Friday evening. January 2003. I was walking my way to the other end of the world which I call Mercury Drug. 
My mom is sick and my older brother asked me to buy medicines for her when he could've done it himself. He's an irresponsible kid. Really. 
 
 
 
I was just counting the raindrops while walking when an idiot excuse of a someone bumped me causing me to fall flat on my tummy in the middle of the muddy road. Lucky. 
 
I propped my arms under me and then pushed my self up. 
 
Darn. My clothes are dirty. 
 
 
" Oh my God! I'm so sorry miss! I didn't mean it! " that someone shouted from behind me so I turned around just to be drowned in the most beautiful pair of brown eyes. 
 
" I-it's fine. " I don't even understand why I'm stuttering. 
 
" You really sure you're fine? I really didn't see you since it's dark and all but I'm very very sorry to bump you with my bike. " he explained and my eyes traveled to the bike he was talking about. 
 
So, I was bumped by a bike? 
 
" No scratches or any wounds at all? " he asked me again as he helped me stood up. 
 
" Well, there is dirt. " I told him and looked at my muddy navy blue shirt. It wasn't such a loss anyway. 
 
He laughed causing me to laugh too. 
 
 
I wonder, are we just gonna stand here under the pouring rain and laugh like a complete idiot? I hope we won't. 
 
 
" Anyway, take my umbrella. " he opened an umbrella that I didn't know where he got then gave it to me. 
 
" It's no use. I'm already wet. " I told him but grabbed it nonetheless. 
 
I smiled and he smiled in return. 
 
" I guess I'll see you around then? " he said then rode on his bike. 
 
" Yeah. " 
 
 
I stared at his back and watched him drove away with his bike. The dim lights of the streets illuminating his figure as he slowly disappeared in the dark of the night. 
 
 
I wonder where that around is. 
 
 
__________________________________
 
 
It was a cold night yes. But it wasn't that cold as the memories of the first time we met lingered in my mind. I remember coming home that night and being scolded by my brother because I brought home an umbrella instead of medicine. Well, I got distracted alright. Mom didn't mind though. Turns out that dad had already bought my medicine. My brother was just being an . 
 
 
__________________________________
 
 
Saturday. July 2007. 4 years since I last saw that guy who bumped me with his bike. 
 
I actually don't believe in Love at first sight but I guess now I do. 
 
 
" Hey Sun. Change your clothes we have a schedule today!" Jessica, one of my bandmates shouted at me outside my room. 
 
Yeah, i just debuted as a member of Girls' Generation. 
 
 
" Coming! " I shouted back then started changing my clothes. Taeyeon, on my of my bandmates is inside the bathroom, brushing her teeth since it hasn't been an hour after we ate. 
 
 
I just hope we don't get too tired. We are just starting on our career.
 
 
 
--------
 
 
After another tiring night at the company, all of us decided to go home and rest.
 
 
 
I made sure everyone was fast asleep when I snuck out of the house. I just wanted to look at the moon and the stars tonight. Sometimes I get my strength from them. I just like staring at them so much.
 
 
" It's dangerous to walk alone at night. " 
 
" OMO! " 
 
I put my hands on my chest to recover from shock. I looked at my side and was ready to shout at the person who spoke when the words I was about to say was caught on my throat. With the use of the street lights, I was able to look at the beaming face of the person who is standing beside me with his hands on his pockets. 
 
It's him. 
 
 
" You surprised me. " I mumbled and stared at him. 
 
He looked more handsome now. 
 
" Yeah. Sorry about that. " he smiled sheepishly and scratched his nape as he looked at me. 
 
Why does staring at him makes me feel like I've known him for so long? Well technically, I really do know him for a long time time now if that doesn't include not knowing his name. 
 
 
" What are you doing here? " I asked him as we both started to walk. 
 
 
" Just passing by. I thought the moon and the stars need a companion. " 
 
" And you're their companion? " 
 
" If you're not out here for the same reason then I guess I am. " 
 
" Then they have two companions now. " 
 
 
 
I just continued to walk without even knowing where we are actually heading to. Walking with him is actually comfortable considering that he is a stranger. 
 
He shrugged then he stopped walking. I looked at him and saw him staring ahead. I followed his sight and saw the park in front of us. He had a far away look on his face so I just decided to walk ahead and went to the swing set. My favorite part of all Parks. 
 
 
I sat down then started to swing slowly while looking at the stars. Stars do look brighter at place where there are less lights. It makes them glow and twinkle more. 
 
I felt his presence near me so I looked at the swing beside me and was not really surprised to see him sitting there. No matter how old you are, you still love the swing. Very typical. 
 
 
" So your name is Sunny? " he said that made me look at him. 
 
" Yeah. " I smiled then hugged myself. The night's breeze is getting colder and colder.
 
 
" I'm your biggest fan. " 
 
 
My biggest fan? We just debuted. 
 
 
" You're lucky then. " I told him then hugged myself more. This is weird. The tress aren't even moving at all but I feel cold. Winter is yet to come too. 
 
 
" Can you sing for me? " he asked. 
 
" Sing? " 
 
" Yeah. Do you know the song More Than Words? " 
 
" I think I do. " 
 
" Can you sing that for me? " 
 
" For my biggest fan then. " 
 
" Thank you. " 
 
 
I started singing the song he requested and watched him as he closed his eyes. I stared at his fair complexion as if he's a vampire. 
 
 
" What's your name? " I asked him when I finished singing. 
 
 
He stared at me and I feel like drowning in his eyes. 
 
 
" I- I... " he stammered. 
 
 
" You are? " I asked him again. 
 
 
He looked away before he spoke. " I don't have a name. " 
 
 
" You don't have a name? " With my eyes wide, I asked him. 
 
That's absurd. Why doesn't he have a name? 
 
 
" I don't know. I don't remember having one. " he frowned then looked at the ground and then kicked imaginary rocks. 
 
 
I smiled. Maybe he has one. But he's afraid of telling it to me. I'll just name him then. 
 
 
" I'll give you a name! " I told him excitedly then raked my mind of any possible name for this guy. 
 
" You'll give me a name?! " he asked happily as if a child who received a lollipop.
 
I don't understand why there is a need to be happy about it. 
 
" How about Edward? " 
 
" Eh? It's ugly. " 
 
" Lenny? " 
 
" Why English names? " 
 
" You don't want english names? " 
 
" No. " 
 
" Okay. How about Hwijoon?" 
 
" Hmm, I don't like it. " 
 
" Man Ju? " 
 
" I know someone who's name is Man Ju. " 
 
" Tch. How about....... " 
 
 
________________________________
 
 
I laughed at our foolishness. Imagine, naming someone your age? I was really surprised to find out the he doesn't have a name. He's weird right? My weird. 
 
________________________________
 
 
 
November 2007 .
 
 
" Sunny! I have a surprise for you! " He shouted from behind at the same park we met months ago. we only meet at this tme of the night because I don't want to make Rumors and I don't want to bother my bandmates. They deserve to sleep.  
 
 
" What is it L? " I asked him. Yeah, I have decided to just call him L since it suits since almost cold personality. He didn't argue though. I think he likes it. 
 
 
" Daisies! " He shouted like a child then handed me a makeshift boquet of daisies that I'm sure he just randomly pulled out from somewhere. He's such a kid isn't he?
 
" Thank you so much L. " I smiled at him then sat down at the bench. 
 
 
" I have to tell you something Sunny. Please don't freak out okay? " He held my hands and I couldn't help but look at his eyes. his eyes that looked so void and empty of anything. His eyes which depths are too deep for my reach and I feel like drowning.
 
" Sure go ahead. I promise I won't freak out. " I dramatically raised my right hand as a sign that I promise him. 
 
 
" Ah. We've only known each other for a few months right? " He asked then I noded. 
 
" I think I...... I'm think I don't want to be your biggest fan anymore. "  he told me seriously that I think my heart broke a little. Why doesn't he want to be my fan anymore?
 
 
" But.. why? "
 
 
" I just can't keep up with our friendship anymore Sunny. "
 
 
" Why are you telling me this L? "
 
 
" I think we should stop meeting each other. "
 

 

I have always wondered what heartbreak felt like. I guess L made me feel it. It was suffocating really. I have grown to like L more than a friend and then he goes like that telling me we shouldn't meet each other anymore. I thought it was pretty ridiculous. But I guess destiny works just like that. Giving people false hope. scaring them and then leaving deep scars. 

 


 

Another month passed by and it's now December. A month after L told me we shouldn't meet each other anymore. I knew I was stupid for even falling for him but I think I became more stupid when I made a big fuss over it. I missed his laughs. Everyday, after schedule, I relieve my stress by meeting with him and sharing random talks but I guess it's over now.  L feels like a figment of my imagination now. 

 

_______________

 

I TRIED!! TT.TT

 

This has a second part though. I couldn't finish it. I just wanted to update. TT.TT 

 

please forgive me! I'm not a very good author I know. TAT