Closer..

Don't Hate Me, Love Me Instead.

Josefin's POV

After being certified as fit by the school nurse, you left the infirmary, and started walking to class. You walked slowly, dreading the trip back.

People will laugh, make fun of me, even thought Min will be there... ARGHH!

It was already 12.30pm by the time you got back to class and your teacher, knowing your current state, sent you to sit at the back. As you made your way to the back of the class, BaekMin waved at you. You waved back, but didn't catch his second movement before you sat at the empty seat at the back. People, expectedly, were ogling at you. Whispers were heard and many people were turning back to look.

You gave them a cold stare and took out your books, concentrating on the teacher. You turned to the side, and saw pencils strewn all over the table top, a pencil case and more stationery. The seat next to you had been taken, but it's owner was nowhere to be found.

Hmmm... who is the owner.. Wait. Is... it...

Just then you heard the door open. Swiveling your eyes there, what you saw made your heartbeat rise rapidly. Ryeowook, shirt tucked out, hands in his pockets, was heading towards you, all the time looking down on the ground. The girls in front all squealed in absolute ecstacy of seeing such a hot boy in class...

Wait, was that.. what I was thinking?

When he got to his seat, he sat down, and without even glancing your way, he took out his books for the lesson. All this time, your heart felt as if it was on a treadmill, beating like crazy, until you felt like it was going to pop out any second. You found it extremely hard to concentrate on the lesson, and constantly shot glances at Ryeowook. The people in front were giving you death stares, from sitting beside their 'idol'. If just now had been bad, this was way worse.

OMG stop staring, idiots, before I'll..

"Josefin! What is the answer?!" You heard your teacher ask. Flustered, you hurriedly flipped the page to the question, but realised you didn't even know what the question was. From the corner of your eye, you saw Ryeowook write something on a piece of paper and slide it to you. You looked at the paper.

''The answer is b." It wrote.

"B, sir!" You answered.

Your teacher nodded, and signaled for you to sit. Heaving a sigh of relief, you plonked back down on your seat.

"Thanks, Ryeowook." You whispered.

He rolled his eyes and hissed, "Why don't you just listen in class, and I won't have to help you again. And stop calling my name, it's irritating."

Hurt at his curt reply, you turned back to the board, tears b in your eyes. You knew there was some good inside that horrible mask, but to get it to show, that was the problem.

But... you thought, I was going to make him show it. And I will not give up.


Ryeowook's POV

"'Cher, can I go to the washroom?" you asked.

"Okay, but be back fast. This is lesson that cannot be missed." the teacher replied.

You rushed out of class, determined to get out of the 'limelight'. The corridor was so empty, you felt like you were the only one left on Earth as you made your way to the washroom.

How I wish Josefin was here...

Your trip to the washroom took longer than usual, with you styling your hair and getting the oil from your face and the dried blood off your shirt, and by the time you got back to class, half the lesson had already gone. The teacher clucked disapprovingly, and you walked with your head low back to your seat. Shirt untucked, hands in pockets, you looked like a gangster, but that still earned you squeals from the girls in front.

Looking up, you saw her. Beside. Your. Seat.

Josefin..... is this a dream?

Remembering what you had done earlier, you sat down beside her, but not making any eye contact, nor looking at her. You could see the short glances she shot at you, and deep inside, you wanted to grab her in a hug, though you had been restraining. But restraining yourself, while listening to the lesson, was harder than expected. Until..

"Josefin! What is the answer?!" The teacher yelled. Josefin perked up, flipped through her book, but her eyes were at a loss. So obvious, you thought. You wrote the answer to her, and flicked it on her table. She picked it up, and answered,"B, sir!"

The teacher nodded, and asked her to sit.

"Thanks, Ryeowook." She whispered to you.

Ahhhhh Josefin.... stop talking to me or I might just kiss you....

So you rolled your eyes and told her, harshly but silently, "Why don't you just listen in class, and I won't have to help you again. And stop calling my name, it's irritating."

The hurt look on her face broke your heart.

No, Josefin, I'll never hurt you like this again. Just this once... I need you to remember me as a scary person...

I'm sorry, Josefin..