Meeting

Don't Hate Me, Love Me Instead.

Ryeowook's POV

Getting to school was one thing, getting to class was another. You were frequently bombarded with stares as you walked down the corridor, maybe one, because of the scar, and two, because you had super blonde hair, where everyone else's was black. You weren't a fan of attention, so to speak.

Turning your head to look into one of the rooms, you made eye contact with this beautiful girl in the room. Blushing(you never blushed before!!!) , you hurried away to your locker.

Woah that girl... Beautiful...

You unlocked your locker and grabbed your books, when suddenly someone slammed into you. A teenager, close to half a head taller than you were, plus strong, muscular arms, was standing behind.

"Hey blonde boy, do you have brains? You're blocking my ing way. Get the lost now." the large teen yelled, sending spittle all over your face. Having just escaped a prison, your energy level was way too low to punch him, and JR had strictly told you to not hit anyone.

"You'll just injure them beyond recognition and get sent to the principal's office, where you will be recognised as a convict and carted away to prison again. You want that?" JR had challenged.

"Thanks, but I'll pass." you had replied.

But now... At the rate this was going, violence was inevitable.

Oh , you thought. I'm just too tired to punch him.

"I'm sorry, man, I need to g-"

The teenager slammed his fist into the locker beside you. Sneaking a peek, you realised that the locker had caved in.

"You don't know manners huh. my shoes now. For addressing me as," he spat on your face,"'man'."

Oh great, you thought. How am I gonna get away now?

"No. This is a school. You're just a teen. Don't make oth-" You were cut off again, and saw stars as the teen punched you on the side of your face, leaving you sprawled on the ground. Screams were heard as liquid flowed down your nose and mouth. You tasted copper, and realised it was blood.

Aw . Now I gotta get treated again.

The teen raised his fist and said, "My name, is Hyunbae. You don't ing mess with me, ." And he rammed his fist, twice, into your face. If the previous punch was painful, this was totally agonizing. You felt your entire mouth fill with coppery liquid and feeling faint, you watched as he, Hyunbae, raise his fist for another fatal punch, one that could and would knock you out cold.

Bye, world.

Just then, someone roughly shoved Hyunbae away, and, to your relief, you saw that it was JR. You had heard from students that he was super hot, well that was kinda true because of his long fringe, and he was the school delinquent, skipped classes, talked back to teachers, not do homework, his norm. He raised his famous studded gloves, and stared Hyunbae in the eyes, daring a challenge.

Hyunbae, for the first time, actually looked afraid. He yelled in anger," YOU JR!" and left soon after. Tired from the ordeal, you heard a faint voice ask, "Are you okay?" You turned back and saw the beautiful girl staring at you with concerned eyes. Exhausted, but not wanting to show weakness, you spat on the floor beside you, and she recoiled.

Hastily, you stood up and walked away. From the corner of your eye, you saw her stand up with shaky legs, but collapse again. You wanted to tell her something, something she could remember..

I hope she can lip read.

Head turning back, you mouthed, "Beautiful, stay strong, I'll be back." And without a backward glance, you left.


Josefin's POV

You lay back on the soft bed, eyes shutting, when you saw a familiar face at the doorway.

The boy from yesterday!

He turned his head, made eye contact with you, and hurried away. Heart racing, you got off the bed, and winced at the pain.

'Josefin! Get back on the bed or you're going to hurt yourself!' The nurse scolded.

Ignoring the nurse, you pushed open the door and into the cacophony of voices in the corridor.

Oh my God why is there so many people?! And what's that crowd there?

Head turning from left to right, you tried to find the boy, but to no avail. Just then, a male body crashed into you, and you fell backwards, falling on your bottom. Pain flared through your body and you whimpered, so as to not get heard. Snapping your head around to see who it was, you caught sight of the school bully, HyunBae, slamming someone on the floor, the boy!

You reached out to him, but your body was hurting from the fall, plus your earlier wound had reopened, causing a rush of nausea to overcome you.

Oh no.. don't die, mystery boy! I still need to... need to.. you thought as your brain became a blank.

From half-closed eyes, you saw the boy get punched twice in the face, before someone roughly shoved HyunBae away. It was JR, the school delinquent. He raised a fist, which had been topped with spikes, to HyunBae's face, and stared straight into his eyes. For the first time, you saw fear in Hyunbae's eyes.

HyunBae stepped back in retreat, and left soon after, his cronies following closely behind.

You reached out to the boy, concerned. Your hand was met with thin air, as you had misjudged the distance to his shoulder.

'Are you okay?' You asked, albeit faintly. Turning his head, he first looked fearful, then wild, then tired. He then stood up, spat on the floor next to you, and left.

What the hell...

Shocked at the boy's action, you hurriedly got to your feet, but collapsed again due to the fatigue. Your body immediately slumped on the cold gravel floor, eyes wandering aimlessly, but somehow landed on him.

Help me.. you wanted to scream. At him.

Instead, you saw the boy turn around, and say something indiscernible. Your eyes travelled downward to his name tag, and you vaguely could figure out two words.

'Ryeo....Wook...' you whispered, before the darkness engulfed you.