Chapter 2

My Angel (WooGyu version)
(Woohyun)
 
It's the first day of school again. Meeting old friends, making new ones, finally getting a hobby after all of the failed attempts.
 
It's a good thing that I didn't wake up late. A perfect beginning to another perfect year.
 
"Good morning, mom! Good morning, dad! Good morning, hyung! Good morning Minhyuk! " I said as I trodded down happily to the dining area.
 
"Good morning, son. I assume you're excited for your first day of school?" Dad asked.
 
"Yup! And I already made lunch last night!" I answered as I happily ate my breakfast.
 
"Woohyun-ah, I hope you join a club this year. Just to make yourself active in things other than studying." My brother Boohyun said.
 
I sighed, "I hope that the Singing Club accepts me this year."
 
Besides being a bookworm and a study freak, I can also be good at singing. If there were any awards for Best Bathroom Singer, I'd nail it every year. I'm just too shy to sing live, that's all.
 
I finished packing up my stuff and checked if there was anything missing from my stuff. I looked in the mirror and said the words that I tell myself every morning: "You are the best and most handsome person on the planet, Nam Woohyun."
 
I bade goodbye to my family and started walking to the bus stop. I put on my mp3 player. Nothing can disturb my peace of mind.
 
I happily skipped when I was nearing the bus stop. As I was nearing, I felt more excited to go to school today. I missed my best friends Sungyeol and Hoya. They've been there for me since we were in diapers. We are neighbors, but I put my head in a book everyday, so I don't see them that often.
 
The bus arrived and I was lucky to board it half-full, considering it was a Monday. I upped my volume so as to ignore every other noise made.
 
I was enjoying the view of people walking down the street, the clean streets of Seoul. I smiled at the way that the morning sky was so bright and the birds and the butterflies making it much more colorful.
 
While I was enjoying my view, a small bang caught my ears. I looked beside me and my bag was already on the floor. I looked up and I saw the most handsome man I've ever seen. I took off my earphones and pretended to be angry.
 
"Yah! What did you do? Huh?" I wanted to make my acting seem so real.
 
"I dropped your bag because you won't move you er." He sternly replied.
 
"Hyung. Language." A boy, who I assume is my angel's brother, attempted to get between us.
 
As I checked my bag, I noticed my lunch was already spilled. I wasn't angry with him, but ny lunch, the one that I spent all bight to prepare, has been spilled. "My lunch! Yah! You're going to pay for this." I shouted as I attempted to throw a punch at him, but he was able to dodge.
 
The bus stopped and the bus driver dragged us out of the bus. "I will not let you two ride my bus unless you both clean up your act! Arasseo?" The bus driver scowled; and the bus drove away.
 
"Look what you did! You dropped my bag, spilled my lunch which took me an hour to cook, and made me walk to school!" I shouted at him while clenching my fists. The atmosphere was tense as our faces were centimeters away from each other. I liked this feeling of being so close to him, but I don't wanna rush things. We don't even know each other's names yet!
 
Instead of punching him, I started to walk away, successfully hiding the tint of pink that was appearing in my face.
 
Luckily, the school was just a quick walk and I wasn't late.
 
As I entered the classroom, a shout emerged. Obviously, it came from Sungyeol.
 
"Yeol-ah!" I ran to my tall friend and hugged him. We exchanged laughs as we were un obviously tickling each other to the death. Hoya just stood there smiling.
 
"I missed you guys." I smiled sincerely.
 
"Yeah. Hong Kong was no fun. There are so many restrictions." Sungyeol groaned.
 
"Well, taking dance classes in New York could've been fun, but I just missed you guys more than ever." Hoya added.
 
Classes started and we met a new kid named Myungsoo. I remembered that he was my angel's brother. I swore I saw Sungyeol blush when they made eye contact during first class.
 
As classes ended, I approached Myungsoo as he was about to leave. "Uh, Myungsoo right? My name's Woohyun. I'm sorry about fighting with your brother in the bus this morning."
 
He replied with a cute smirk. "It's alright, Woohyun-ah. You think I didn't notice your poor acting? It's obvious. You have a thing for my brother." He patted me on the head. I blushed at his remark.
 
"Don't tell your brother, okay?" I shyly responded.
 
"Sure thing. Actually, I wanted to become friends with you." He said back. "I wanted to join the Singing Club, wanna come with?" He offered.
 
My face shot up at his offered. "Why not?!" I enthusiastically replied. We walked arm-in-arm to the music room.
 
We happily sat at the front of the room. We met our adviser, who turned out to be our English teacher Mr. Kim Junsu.
 
"Okay, so Singing Club. I see we have some new faces here. Can you please introduce yourselves?" Mr. Kim was looking at the two of us.
 
Myungsoo came first. "Hello everyone. My name is Kim Myungsoo, I'm a '92-liner but I skipped a grade that's why I'm currently a sophomore. I'll work hard everyone." He then bowed and returned to his seat.
 
I stood up and smiled at everyone. "Hi. You may know me already. My name is Nam Woohyun. This is my first club. I hope you'll treat me well. I'll work hard!" I smiled again and bowed.
 
Mr. Kim patted me on the back. "Well, it's good to see you participating in something other than academics, Woohyun-ah." He said as I made my way back to my seat.
 
As Mr. Kim was beginning to discuss, the door opened and I felt butterflies in my stomach. It was my angel.
 
He spoke, "I'm sorry for interrupting, Mr. Kim. I might have disturbed your session-"
 
"It's alright Sunggyu-ah. If you have any interest in joining the Singing Club, you can join in today." Mr Kim cut him. He nodded his head shyly and went to the front after closing the door.
 
Mr. Kim put his hand on his shoulder. "Everyone, this is Sunggyu, the new student from my homeroom class. I have heard him sing and he has a magnificent voice. Can you sing a little something for us, Sunggyu-ah? So that the others can hear." Mr. Kim asked. He started to sing.
 
Geunyeoreul jikyeora
Naritji mothage
Nae nimi gyeshin geot
Ggeut kkaji garyeonda
 
(INFINITE - The Chaser)
 
Not only does he have the perfect face, but he also has the most amazing voice I have ever heard! My jaw dropped from the moment he started singing to when he moved to the seat next to his brother Myungsoo.
 
"Back to the matter at hand," Mr. Kim continued his interrupted discussion. "Next month will be our school's annual talent showcase. The Theater Club and the Dance Club have already started preparations. We will have Myungsoo perform a solo for us and for our duet, we will have our new members Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun."
 
I pretended to be shocked and disagreeing. "What? No!" But secretly I liked this moment.