Chapter 1

My Angel (WooGyu version)
(Sunggyu)
 
It was the first day of school. I didn't wanna go to school. I didn't want to live with my parents, they don't even care about me. My life is just so ed up but I'll have to study hard and just hold on until I can graduate from college and get out of this hole.
 
I just moved from the smaller city of Paju into the busier, more bustling neighborhoods of the capital city Seoul. We moved to this notorious neighborhood named Gangnam. Don't sing Gangnam Style as you read this, please. It's irritating.
 
"Sunggyu-ah, get up. It's the first day of school." My mom said as she knocked at my door.
 
"Can I not go to school? I'm not feeling well today." I replied as I threw my pillow at the door.
 
"You say that everyday, Sunggyu. Get up!" My mom shouted.
 
I got up and groaned in frustration. Why do I even bother to go to school everyday? I mean, I'm smart, why do I still have to go to school? I already know everything there is to know.
 
I took a bath very quickly and styled myself with a tall hairstyle and guyliner. That should make me unapproachable and beautiful at the same time.
 
I got downstairs and sat down at the table. I can feel my dad scowl at me. My brother Myungsoo nudged me. "Good morning parents. I slept well, what's for breakfast today?" I boringly said, as this was already an everyday routine.
 
"Young man, when will you learn to respect your parents? Why are you always like this?" My dad squealed.
 
"I will learn to respect you when you start to shut up about your endless problems and start listening to mine, please." I scoffed. I ate my breakfast rapidly and got my stuff and walked out of the house without saying goodbye.
 
Myungsoo was able to catch up with me while I was on my way to the bus stop. We both stopped walking. "Hyung, why are you like that? Why do you have to be so rude especially to our parents?" He asked me.
 
"Don't you get it, Myungsoo? They think I'm still a kid. They think I'm a rebel. Just because I do things that are not according to their way of living." I replied.
 
"Well, you are right, hyung. But they love you, hyung. You have to know that." He half-smiled at me.
 
"I know, Myungsoo. I just don't want them to say that I love them only when I need something. I'm just really scared of what they'll say. They're going to think that I only love them because they're mad at me." I added.
 
Myungsoo pulled me into a hug and patted my back. "It's alright hyung. They'll realize that soon." He gave me an assuring smile. We started walking to the bus stop.
 
It wasn't long until the bus stop passing by our school arrived. It was a Monday so I expected a full bus. But lucky for us there was still one seat left. I offered Myungsoo to sit but he refused. So I went to the boy sitting by the window to sit there. But when I arrived, I saw the boy's bag sitting there. I tried to call the boy's attention but he wouldn't nudge. After my fourth attempt, I have lost my patience and did the wrong thing: I grabbed his bag and dropped it to the floor.
 
"Yah! What did you do? Huh?" The boy shouted and stood up to face me. All eyes were on us.
 
"I dropped your bag because you won't move you er." I sternly replied.
 
"Hyung. Language." Myungsoo warned as he tried to get between us. The boy checked his bag for any damaged items.
 
"My lunch! Yah! You're going to pay for this." He shouted as he attempted to throw a punch. Luckily I was able to dodge.
 
The bus stopped and the bus driver dragged us out of the bus. "I will not let you two ride my bus unless you both clean up your act! Arasseo?" The bus driver scowled; and the bus drove away.
 
"Look what you did! You dropped my bag, spilled my lunch which took me an hour to cook, and made me walk to school!" He shouted at me with his fists ready. The atmosphere was tense as our faces were centimeters away from each other. Instead of punching me, he started to walk away. I just gawked at the kid and started to walk to school.
 
Luckily, the school was just a quick walk and I wasn't late.
 
For the rest of the day, I would be introducing myself to the rest of the class because I was the new kid in junior year. I made a friend named Dongwoo who had a really hilarious laugh and a charm that lights up the room and keeps the positive energy running.
 
After classes had ended, I dragged myself to my favorite room in every school that I've been to: the music room.
 
As I opened the door, there were a group of people who gave me a questioning look, including Myungsoo and of all people-the boy from this morning.
 
"I'm sorry for interrupting, Mr. Kim. I might have disturbed your session-"
 
"It's alright Sunggyu-ah. If you have any interest in joining the Singing Club, you can join in today." Mr Kim smiled. I just nodded my head and went to the front after closing the door.
 
Mr. Kim put his hand on my shoulder. "Everyone, this is Sunggyu, the new student from my homeroom class. I have heard him sing and he has a magnificent voice. Can you sing a little something for us, Sunggyu-ah? So that the others can hear." Mr. Kim asked. I stood there and started to sing.
 
Geunyeoreul jikyeora
Naritji mothage
Nae nimi gyeshin geot
Ggeut kkaji garyeonda
 
(INFINITE - The Chaser)
 
Everybody clapped in amazement and Myungsoo gave me a thumbs up. "That was great Sunggyu-ah!" Complemented Mr. Kim. I moved to the seat next to Myungsoo. I chuckled at the sight of the boy's jaw dropping.
 
"Back to the matter at hand," Mr. Kim continued his interrupted discussion. "Next month will be our school's annual talent showcase. The Theater Club and the Dance Club have already started preparations. We will have Myungsoo perform a solo for us and for our duet, we will have our new members Kim Sunggyu and Nam Woohyun."
 
The new guy stood as he screamed, "What? No!"
 
So I'm guessing that he is Nam Woohyun.