Scene 1: Baekhyun in Wonderland

Take 1 or Nothing at All

 

Baekhyun has never been the popular kid in school, ever.  When his mom decided to move to Busan last year he was the odd new kid with the weird Seoul dialect.  How surprising that he was made fun of having a slight accent in Busan of all places.  After two years in, his mom has decided to move back to Seoul.  Baekhyun has always been an obedient son so he never asked for an explanation, he just did what he was told.  On their flight to Seoul his mom finally gave him the reason for the move back to their hometown.  Apparently the man she's been dating for the past year and a half is moving to Seoul to continue running his company head quarters.  This man, Kim Suroo, is the president of StarKim, and represents some of the top actors and actresses in Asia.  The HQ of his company is in Seoul, his younger brother will run the Busan branch from now on.  
 
Since meeting Mr. Kim, Baekhyun's mom, Yoon SeAh, has been all smiles due to how well he treats her.  The news of his mom dating ten years after his father's death shouldn't surprise him.  But after being in Busan for only 6 months, it didn't sit well with him at first.  But again, he was an obedient son.  So long as his mother is happy, he will support her no matter what.  
 
They arrive to Seoul and a white Range Rover picks them up from the airport.  Two men greet them and pick up their bags and load up the car.  They open the door for them and ask if they request any beverage or food while they drive to the estate.  His mom smiles and lets them know they are fine waiting till they get to their new home.  They drive to the Gangnam district and park in front of a gated community.  A gate officer bows at the driver and opens the gate for them to enter.  
 
"Woah, omma!  These homes are massive."
 
"Baekhyunnie, our lives have changed."
 
"It isn't too late to turn around mom."  He teases her.  She smiles at her son.  "You sure this is what you want?"  
 
"He loves me, and I love him.  I didn't think I'd love another after your father, but I think he must have been a gift from him up above.  Suroo came in our lives at a time when we needed him the most."  
 
Baekhyun and his mom lost everything when his father died.  His father had to take care of a large debt that his cousin made to loan sharks long ago.  His father spent most of his life paying off the debt and trying to support his family.  He died from cancer and about 10 years after his death, his mom sold everything and moved them to a smaller rental.  At their worse, she decided to move to where her sister was living, Busan, to help her get back on her feet again.  Six months later Kim Suroo entered her life.  They met at a cafe where Suroo approached her and gave her a cheesy line, "Do you believe in love at first sight?"  Cheesy, completely cheesy.
 
Baekhyun wakes up his seventeen year old brother Sehun who fell asleep in the car ride.  "Sehun, check out our new digs."  Sehun wipes the sleep from his eyes and blinks four or five times, unbelieving the sight in front of him.  
 
"Holy crap, mom!  This is our house?"  SeAh smacks her younger son's head and he apologizes immediately for his language.  
 
"Help the ahjussis with the luggage."
 
"Oh, that is alright, we will carry them in the house.  Please enter, Mr. Kim will be home shortly."  As soon as he says it, a white fluffy dog runs to greet Baekhyun and Sehun.  
 
"We have a dog!?"  Sehun is all smiles.  He's always wanted a dog.  
 
"Must be Mr. Kim's."  Baekhyun says petting the dog on the head.  
 
"Actually, Ghost belongs to me."  A tall boy stands by the grand white doorway.  He appears indifferent, stoic, but indifferent.  A sleepy or lazy look, you can say.  Baekhyun straightens up and bows.  "Anyeonghasayo, my name is Kim Jongin."  He gives a slight bow towards Baekhyun and Sehun.  Then bows 45 degrees towards SeAh.
 
"Oh, Jongin.  Anyeong."  His mom hugs the dark-skinned boy and he reacts awkwardly with a couple light pats on her back.
 
"My dad should be here any minute.  Come on in."
 
"Young master, the food is ready," an older lady informs him.  
 
The exterior of the house has sweeping walls and multiple rooftops showing that there are at least three levels to the home.  The three enter the entry way following the young master and the interior of the house is very modern and very white.  The living room is spacious and overlooks the large backyard which Baekhyun can make out a pool and a waterfall.  The entire wall facing the backyard is made of glass and reaches way above to the high ceiling.  Two wide stairwells lead up to what may be the bedrooms and another wide stairwell leads down.  
 
Sehun whispers to his hyung.  "Ya, he's hot, right?"  Baekhyun elbows him on his side.  Sehun stands 8 meters taller than Baekhyun.  
 
The four sit at the table in the kitchen enjoying some food their cook made for their arrival.   Baekhyun begins observing his new, well, whatever he is supposed to be.  Jongin is a complete contrast to Baekhyun: his skin, his icey demeanor, and nonchalant attitude.  He barely talks, he barely shows emotions, and he seems to be dazed all the time.  Baekhyun has always been social, chatty, but when he moved to Busan it was difficult to make friends.  Jongin is similar to Sehun now that he thinks about it, his brother is arrogant, aloof, and acts like he has no care in the world.  These two will get along well.
 
"I am so sorry I am late.  Did you eat all the food Jongin?"  A porcelain skin pretty boy enters the kitchen with a slight accent to the Korean words coming out of his mouth.
 
"Daebak." whispers Sehun.  "He's even hotter."  
 
"Oh, anyeonghasayo.  My name is Luhan."  The Chinese boy bows and smiles brightly.  Also, a contrast from the dark creature sitting across from Baekhyun.  Baekhyun can't even look at Jongin for more than a second before he feels warm.  That in itself is a weird feeling.  He's never encountered anyone like him and has no idea why he feels uncomfortable around him and they've only met an hour ago.
 
"Luhan is my older brother."  Jongin speaks nonchalantly again.  He keeps staring at Baekhyun with intense eyes and Baekhyun feels it.  "This is Sehun and, what's your name again?" 
 
"Baekhyun."  
 
"That's right, Baekhyun.  Hyung meet Baekhyun."  Jongin says it with a smirk that doesn't sit well with Baekhyun who is trying to avoid the young master's intense stare.  It's almost as if he's analyzing him, observing his mannerisms, his reactions to his voice or the conversation that his mom is having trying to get to know the boy before who welcomed them.
 
"Young master,"  an older male enters the kitchen and bows.  "Miss Jessica is here to see you."
 
"Tell her to wait-"  As soon as he says the word wait, a pretty blonde with a very short skirt enters the room crying out his name excitedly.
 
"Kai!  I'm back from Jeju Island, I've missed you so much."  
 
Jongin holds his hands up and she stops on her tracks.  "I have company Jessica.  Please wait in the living room."  
 
"Oh, I'm sorry.  Which living room?"  'How many living rooms does this home have?'  Baekhyun thinks to himself.
 
"The one by my room, on the east wing," Jongin responds coldly.  She runs off and disappears from their view.
 
"Why did she call you Kai?"  Sehun asks.  
 
"It's my nickname.  You can call me Kai if you prefer, only those close to me actually call me Jongin."  He gets up and bows to my mother.  "My father should be here soon.  If you don't mind, Hyung will show you to your rooms."
 
"Of course," Baekhyun's mother responds.  "Your girlfriend is very pretty."
 
"She isn't my girlfriend."  My mom is surprised by his quick remark.  He bows and takes his leave, and takes one last look at Baekhyun who meets his eye line and looks away quickly.
 
"If you guys are ready, I can show you to your rooms."  Luhan takes SeAh to the west wing, which is where her room is located, next to Mr. Kim's master bedroom.  Apparently the house has been remodeled due to their arrival and their mom gets a room for herself.   Luhan then shows Baekhyun and Sehun's room which are right across from one another.  Sehun and Luhan's room connect, sharing a very large bathroom.  Baekhyun shares a bathroom with Kai, for his room is connected to his.
 
"Why didn't you and Kai-"
 
"Originally we had our own rooms and bathrooms. But then the floor was expanded and two rooms were added.  It was more efficient to have them remodel the bathrooms and connect the rooms.  Don't worry, you will have privacy.  Jongin thought it would be a good idea that you stayed next door to him so he can get to know you better."
 
"Why?  Even if my room is across from his, we can find time to get to know each other."
 
"You promise?"  A deep pitched voice comes from behind them.  "You promise we can find time to get to know each other, Baekhyun?"
 
"I just thought, um, well, I thought it may be easier for you to share a bathroom with someone you know."
 
"But I want to get to know you.  Is that okay?"  His voice was commanding despite it being a question regarding permission.  "If you are uncomfortable about it, Luhan can switch rooms with you."  He turns around and enters his room.
 
"Ani.  Kenchanayo.  Let's do it this way.  You are right, if we are to live with each other, this will help us get to know each other faster. "  Jongin turns around curving the corner of his lips slightly.  
 
"Luhan, give Sehun a tour of the grounds."  Jongin says this while staring at Baekhyun who looks away shyly.
 
"That's a good idea!"  Luhan takes Sehun's hand and they head downstairs.  
 
"Jessica, you need to leave, now."  Jongin says from his doorway, still looking at Baekhyun who is pretending to check his phone for something.
 
"But I just got here!"
 
"Don't make me ask you twice."
 
"Fine.  I'll see you in school tomorrow."  She kisses him on the cheek and that makes Baekhyun uncomfortable already.  It also makes him a little jealous which surprises our hero a bit.  'What are these feelings brewing inside of me?'  Baekhyun bows to Jessica and he opens the door to his room.  He enters the room and sees that it's already set up for him with a large king size bed, a large white armoire, a 50" flat screen TV hanging on the wall and a white wooden desk with an IMac computer on it.  On the white wooden chair hangs a white MCM backpack.  
 
"Is white their favorite color?"  Baekhyun asks more to himself.   He opens the armoire and hanging inside is his school uniform and other kinds of clothes that are his size.   "This is too much."  Baekhyun whispers.  
 
"You are living in the Kim household now, pup."  
 
"Pup?"
 
"You are like my dog, absolutely adorable."  
 
"Okay…"  Baekhuun doesn't know how to react to what his, Jongin, said.  He doesn't really know how to refer him and Luhan as since their parents aren't married, yet.  
 
Jongin opens the balcony doors and Baekhyun follows him.  "Check it out, the grounds."  
 
Baekhyun's eyes are as round as a puppy as he stares at the most beautiful scenery he's ever laid eyes on.  He always thought the beautiful beaches in Busan were gorgeous, but his new backyard is just as beautiful.  There's a large pool with a small waterfall to the left, a red cabin which Jongin says is the pool house.  There is a tennis court and full court basketball court, a garden with a small maze made of tall animal shaped bushes that leads to the coy pond that settles in their own personal, private forest that looks like it came straight from Alice and Wonderland with its bright florals and topiaries.  Sehun and Luhan are chasing each other and laughing as they make their way through the maze.  
 
"This is magnificent!"  Baekhyun looks at Jongin and the younger boy is slightly smiling at him. 
 
"Wait till you see my closet."  Jongin takes his hands and leads him through the very large bathroom which Baekhyun didn't have time to be astonished but noticed that a jacuzzi tub sits in the center of it.  "You and Sehun can borrow anything."  Jongin presses a button and inside is a very spacious Neo Tokyo style closet housing clothes neatly organized and displayed.  "Now that I think of it, Sehun can borrow my clothes and you can borrow Luhan's, size purposes."
 
"Hyung!"  Sehun and Luhan come running into Jongin's room through the bathroom.  "Hyung, Luhan-hyung showed me the grounds and the bottom floor of this house there is an indoor pool with a small bowling alley and arcade room and theater.  We don't even have to leave the house ever!"
 
"Calm down, Sehunnie."  Baekhyun tells his little brother.  "I am going to my room and get things settled.  Thanks for the tour of your closet."  Jongin steps to the side to allow Baekhyun to leave, through the bathroom, and towards his room.  Baekhyun pauses to stare at the jacuzzi tub in the center.  It could fit at least 6 people in it comfortably.  The bathroom has 2 separate glass covered shower rooms the size of his kitchen back in Busan and two sinks and two toilets.  Baekhyun's side already has the shower essentials and new facial products displayed in a beautifully adorned shelf.  Jongin's side had the same things, neatly placed, and obviously used already.  "This is too unreal."  Baekhyun says.  
 
Before leaving the bathroom he sees Jongin staring at him intensely again.