Awkward Encounter

Umma, I'm not gay!

Wanting to just curl up in a ball and shrivel up and die, YunHo refused to talk for the rest of the ride home. After his mother gave JaeJoong a small scolding for turning her innocent little boy gay, YunHo practically dragged his mother inside, leaving JaeJoong out in the front lawn. Having some words with his mother, YunHo told her she’d been out of line for acting that way towards his friend. He’d even gone so far as to say that he could love whoever he wanted  and if that person happened to be JaeJoong…well…so be it. She’d then kicked him out of her house and told him that if he wanted to be gay and bring shame on himself then he’d have to do it without calling himself her son.

 

Of course YunHo knew his mother was being overly dramatic and unrealistic with her words, but that didn’t mean the words hadn’t hurt. He understood where she was coming from since homouality was so frowned upon, however she really didn’t have to worry about things. Right? Right! It’s not like he was gay. She was just being dramatic. Jumping to conclusions. Yup. That’s it. However as the long, awkward, silent ride dragged on, YunHo found his eyes wandering from the dark road over to JaeJoong. He really couldn’t help it though. JaeJoon was silent as the grave over there. What was he thinking?!

 

As the two got to the dorm house, YunHo quickly turned the car off and was about to climb out to avoid the suffocating silence between them, however as he reached for the door handle, his other hand was quickly grabbed. "Wha-?" Yunho asked, turning to look at JaeJoong who had a very serious expression on his face. Oh god. What was he going to say?!

 

'Your mom is a she-devil!' 'I want nothing to do with your family again!' 'Yunho, does the apple far from the tree?' 'Do you really think I'm gay for you?!'

 

Question after question ran through Yunho's mind as he tried to figure out what was running through that brain of JaeJoong's. YunHo KNEW he was going to say something about the incident, run away scared and never talk to him again. Right?! That thought hurt Yunho though. A lot. He didn't want JaeJoong to disappear. Not again. Not after they finally managed to get back together.

 

"Are you okay?" The words fell so smoothly from JaeJoong's worried eyes, YunHo was almost shocked. "Am I ok? Ah. Ne, I'm fine..." Was he fine? Well. He had to at least act fine. "Are you sure? Because....you're shaking...." JaeJoong said, causing YunHo to look down at the hand that had been grabbed. It WAS shaking. With that realization, YunHo pulled his hand away and quickly stuffed it under his armpit to calm his nerves. "I'm just...tired..." Yunho said, obviously lying. He was actually more awake now than ever.

 

"Liar." JaeJoong said flatly and scoffed before climbing out of the car. Frowning, YunHo followed suit and climbed out after him. The two then walked up to the front door in complete silence before Yunho fumbled with his keys a little, his hands still shaking. Hearing a breath of air behind him, YunHo looked back at JaeJoong who quickly looked away. Frowning, YunHo turned back towards the door and stuffed the key into the hole and threw the door open.

 

Hearing the door make contact with something and a sudden 'oof' directly after, YunHo's eyes widened and he quickly entered to see Yoochun and Junsu standing in the doorway. "What are you two doing out here?!" JaeJoong asked before YunHo could get over the shock of seeing the two prowling around at night. Of course, with everything that was going on right now, YunHo's first impression was that the two were sneaking around together doing naughty things. He didn't know what they've been up to for the last few years while the group was split, however he knew that people...shipped...YooSu just like they shipped YunJae. For all YunHo knew, the fans might not be far from the truth with them if they're so close sneaking around this late. Poor Maknae was paired up with food. But then again, being paired up with food didn’t get you scolded by your mother for being gay.

 

"YooChun-ah was having an asthma attack...so i went to get him water and..." JunSu trailed off after that before saying "Hey! We don't need to explain ourselves. Where were YOU TWO?!" giving YunHo and JaeJoong a suspicious look. Pushing past the two younger boys, YunHo shrugged a little and said, "Out...” That single word caused a small frown on JaeJoong’s face as he trailed after YunHo. “Yunho…we need to talk” Jaejoong said, sounding worried and a little desperate. They’d been in the car in silence for how long, and NOW he wanted to talk? Nope. Now there were prying ears and YunHo just wanted to go to sleep.

 

In the morning JaeJoong…” Yunho said brushing him off casually with a small yawn as he went to open his door. His hand had barely touched the doorknob when JaeJoong grabbed his shoulder to stop him. “I said later.” YunHo said, a little les casual this time. Turning to look at JaeJoong when he said it this time, YunHo saw the look on JaeJoong’s face and stopped in his tracks. Was he…about to cry?