Rumors?!

Umma, I'm not gay!

Sitting in the dorm, his legs crossed in front of him and a notebook in his lap, Yunho had the entire afternoon to himself, which was rare for the leader since he was usually running around with the other members, keeping them in check. And by keeping them in check, it was really just goofing off with them as well. Ready to make a 'To-Do' list for his afternoon, YunHo hadn't been able to think of anything so far. When the guys were around he would tease them that he wasn't able to do anything around the dorm because of them, and yet here he was free to do whatever he wanted and he couldn't think of anything. Sighing, he tossed the notepad to he side and ran his fingers through his short brown hair. 

 

Suddenly, YunHo's phone could be heard ringing from the other room. Jumping up, he ran through the dorm in socked feet and dove to the bed to grab his phone. Each of the boys had their own rooms in the large dorm, but that was expected since they were all grown men and should have moved out into their own apartments by now. The only reason they were all living together in the dorms instead of out on their own was mostly because of recent events. Everyone knew about the lawsuit with SM and DBSK. The five member group broke up and three of the members split off to a new group called 'JYJ' while Max and Yunho stayed with TVXQ. Well, after a lot of petitioning and a miracle, the five were back together. It had been so many years since they were 5, the company thought it was best that they all lived together to grow those bonds back and become 'brothers' again. The absence merely made the bonds grow stronger though, and it felt like right away they slipped back into how things had been before even all five of them had grown so much since they were last together. 

 

Memories aside, YunHo lie on his bed and slid his fingers across his touch screen phone to unlock it and then answered the call that said "Umma" with a picture of him and his mom as the display picture. "Yobosaeyo?" he asked, rolling over onto his back and staring up at the ceiling. A desperate sounding voice was on the other side of the phone.

 

 "Yunho-ah, you need to talk to Umma before she has a heart attack or something!" JiHye said and then there was an exchange of the phone and he could hear the distant muttering of his mother get louder and more stern.

 

 "Yunho my son, I have been accepting of a lot of things over the years...you know this...but I swear if I get another call from strange men asking for you, or if I have to read anything else about you being gay I dont know what I'm going to do!" She sounded upset, which caused YunHo to sit up. What was she talking about? Swallowing back his nerves, YunHo looked towards the open door of his bedroom and pushed it shut with his foot. Just in case one of the other guys came home from their day off early. 

 

"Umma, I don't know what you're talking about!" he said, standing up and walking over to the laptop in his room. He knew what she was talking about though. Ever since the group got back together, rumors of him being with JaeJoong were growing stronger and stronger. The fans thought that they got back together because the star crossed lovers couldn't live another day without eachother. It wasn't true though. They were all friends. Just friends. Right? "Umma, I assure you, I'm not gay...You know I like BoA!" that was true, and yet false at the same time. He did love Boa, a lot. But it was just as a friend. They tried to see if there were any deeper feelings, however after going on a date or two they had determined they were just friends and nothing more. 

 

"You tell me this, but I dont see a ring on her finger! Yunho-ah, when are you getting married?! You'll be thirty soon! Haven't you thought of settling down with a nice woman? Please tell me you have a girlfriend you haven't told me about yet!" She sounded so desperate on the other side of the phone, which caused YunHo to sit down uncomfortably in the computer chair in his room. Of course he didn't have a girlfriend. He as too busy. Besides, the fans would just eat her up and spit her out if they didn't approve. He didn't want to find a girl only for her to be chased away by the saesang fans!

 

"Of...of course I plan to get married some day! But Umma, I dont understand why you're so worried. 30 isn't the end of the world..." in the entertainment industry it was difficult to stay popular when you were thirty, but that only meant once he was 30 he'd have more of a chance to find someone and settle down. It's not like he had some sort of expiration date to when he needed to get married or stay alone forever. Apparently she thought otherwise though. The conversation went on much like that, YunHo trying to explain to his mother that he wasn't gay but also didn't need a girlfriend like that. He hadn't heard any of the guys get home though, and wasn't aware of JaeJoong on the other side of the door until he burst in calling out to him. 

 

"Yunho-ahhhhh!!" he said happily, coming in and tackling him. It seemed JaeJoong had fun out with the others and missed him. The slightly older male then started to chomp on his shoulder before asking, "Did you miss me, jagi??" apparently he had heard he was fighting with someone on the phone about whether he was gay or not and JaeJoong decided to egg on the situation. All YunHo could hear on the other side of the phone though was his mother huffing and asking who that was speaking to him like that. She then deduced it was JaeJoong and demanded to talk to him and hear straight from the devil's mouth whether they were together or not. She then proceeded to tell him that she would love him either way, but she needed to know the truth and then he'd have to convince the world he was straight reguardless of what his uality was. It's not like homouality was really healthy in the traditional views in Korea. 

 

After some cut off words to his mother, YunHo finally pushed JaeJoong to the bed and sat on him to shut him up and even covered his face with a pillow. "Umma, I'll call you back. I love you and dont mind the rumors! I'm definitely not gay, araso?! Unn. Saranghae Umma!!" he then shut the phone off, tossed it to his bed and then turned towards JaeJoong, still sitting ontop of him and glaring at him. "You're going to have to explain to her that you were just joking around then! You realize my mom is going to have a heart attack or something if she keeps thinking we're....gay....for eachother...." it wasn't so farfetched though. Sometimes he really questioned himself. The feelings he had for Jaejoong.....for the other members of the group. He often questioned himself. All that fanservice with JaeJoong felt so natural, was it really fanservice or real feelings?