FLASHBACKS

THE ONE YOU LOVE

 

 

 

 

I looked at her sleeping figure. I smiled as I touched her swollen eyes… her flushed cheeks… the tip of her nose… her red lips… It would be so perfect if she’s here not because she’s hurt. How I’ve dreamt of her in my room, not because she needed refuge. But, because of love. A mutual feeling between us. I smiled bitterly as I thought of today’s events. Pain surged through my system. How could he, my bestfriend, hurt this fragile girl in front of me? And another thing, how could she, whom she treated her sister, do that to her? They screwed it big time. He shook his head. It’s been a long day. He stole a quick peck on her forehead and fixed her blanket. Then he went to the couch so he could find his on way to slumberland. Tomorrow, he’ll be fighting her battle. He’ll be staying by her side. He’ll never give way for anyone, even his bestfriend anymore.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The next day…

 

He woke up just to see his bed fixed and Dara missing. Panic came through him. He automatically stood up and went to the bathroom. She’s not there. He went out of his room and an enticing aroma filled his senses. Coffee. That’s coffee. He smiled as he quickly made his way to the kitchen and it didn’t fail him. She’s there flipping pancakes, her back turned against him. But what made him smile wider was the shirt she’s wearing. It was his shirt. And he couldn’t help but imagine her being a good wife, everyday of his life waking up to this kind of heaven. If only she was his.

 

 

“Omo! Sorry, I… I took this shirt from your closet earlier. I took a bath but I remembered I don’t have anything to change to and I didn’t want to wake you up so I picked this one and.. Oh I’m sorry maybe this is your favorite but really I’m sorry. I’ll have this washed as soon as possible. Or if you want I can buy you a…” she started rambling and blushing upon seeing his intent gaze on her when she turned around.

 

 

“Hey… It’s okay. No prob about it. You’re free to pick any shirt you’d love from my closet.” He chuckled because of her cuteness. “I was just surprised… you really look good in men’s clothes.”

 

 

“ YAH!!! Of course! He made me wear this stuff since day one…” Reality hit her. This reminded her of Jiyong definitely. “I-I’m just cute,that’s it. And I feel comfortable with these kinds of clothes. So…”

 

 

“…so now let’s eat because I’m starving.” He cut her off which earned him a smile from her.

 

“I’ll make this day a better one for you, Dara. I promise.” He thought inwardly.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“Yoboseyo? Bommie-ah!” she tried to sound fine.

 

 

“Yah!!! What the hell Dalong??!!! I’ve been trying to reach you since last night! We’re so worried about you! Where the hell are you now?”

 

 

“I-I’m sorry… I just… I’m here at Youngbae’s… I just figured out I can’t stay there at the dorm. I just can’t face her yet.”

 

 

“You could’ve just told me! We can stay in a hotel if you want! Aisht, this ahjumma! Don’t go anywhere else. I’ll be picking you up in a while. We still have a rehearsal this afternoon. And I promise I won’t go missing again. I’m gonna kill someone today, right in front of your eyes! HUH!!! I’ve missed a lot of action since yesterday. I won’t miss it for the world today, is that clear?”

 

 

“Bommie…”

 

 

“and oh, by the way… CL didn’t sleep here too…”

 

 

“Bom please, I don’t wanna hear about her. Anything about her right now.”

 

 

“Dara… hear her out. You know her. You need all the ing explanations anyway. YOU ARE THE GIRLFRIEND. You deserve it.”

 

“I don’t know Bommie-ah. When I saw them in the recording studio, they we’re hugging… I heard him, I heard them… They kept a secret and no matter what intentions they have for doing so, I don’t think I can take it.”

 

 

“Because you’ve had enough of Jiyong, right? I told you, sooner you’ll get tired of him. He loves you, yet he loves the whole world. How’s that? Are you even one of his priorities? NO! ing no. Coz all he cares about is his music. His career.”

 

 

“Enough Bommie… See you later…”  She hung up… She couldn’t take it anymore.

 

 

 

FLASHBACK

 

 

 

 She was on her way to Jiyong and she knows where exactly to find him. She smiled as she glanced at the food she brought for him. She stopped at a certain door and was about to turn the knob when she heard a crash followed by Jiyong’s shout. She suddenly had the urge to take a peek inside the room as it grew silent once again…

 

There was her friend CL, hugging Jiyong, rocking him as he was crying. Her mind started to go in blur. What’s the matter?

 

 

 

“Oppa, Unnie shouldn’t know about this. Not now. Not yet.”

 

 

…what shouldn’t she know?

 

 

“She doesn’t deserve all of these Chaerin. She’s a good girl. And I messed up big time… Ottoke???” Jiyong raked his hair in frustration. He started sobbing uncontrollably.

 

 

“Oppa… we’ll find a way… we’ll find a way.”

 

 

She started to shake all the doubts inside her head and began stepping inside the room, the other two still unaware of her.

 

 

“Am I really the dad? How did you know about it Chaerin? The pregnancy? H-how many months al---

 

 

 

“Dara, what are you doing there standing all along? Is jiyong inside?” Youngbae made his way to the recording room noticing the girl in front of him stunned like a figurine.

 

BLAG!

 

 

The food that she prepared fell on the floor. Her eyes grew wide. Tears fell uncontrollably from her eyes. Her hands automatically flew to , clamping it. She shook her head endlessly.

 

 

“Unnie…”  CL tried to run to her but Dara just held her other hand to stop the other girl.

 

“No… please. Don’t come near me… I.. I’ve heard enough…” she stepped backwards only to feel Youngbae behind her. He held both of her arms. He can sense her knees might give in anytime.

 

 

“Jagiya, please, let’s talk. Please.” Jiyong run towards her and held both of her hands.

 

“What’s going on, bro?” Youngbae asked in confusion.

 

 

“So I shouldn’t know about this yet huh?” she chuckled as she brushed of Jiyong’s grip from her hands. “How long do you intend to fool me Jiyong? HOW LONG??!!”

 

 

“Unnie, calm dow…”

 

“Shut up Chaerin!!! Dara for the first time in her life, raised her voice towards CL.

“ WHY??? HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?”

 

CL limped down the floor. Shocked and stunned by Dara’s anger. She looked at Youngbae’s accusing eyes and shook her head. What the hell has she done?

 

“Jagiya listen…”

 

 

“NO!!! YOU LISTEN TO ME JIYONG!” Dara broke free of Youngbae’s grip.

 

 

SLAP!!!

 

 

“WE’RE DONE!”