Comfort

The Other Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Noraebang= Karaoke

EXO- Miracles In December

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HIH_HaMT6g

Soo Jung sighed as she glanced at the wine glass in her hands, slightly shaking it. Kai’s furious gaze was etched in her mind.

Just get out, Soo Jung.

She never knew that five words could make her hurt so much.

Soo Jung knew that she wasn’t in love with Kai or whatsoever, but it just didn’t make sense to her why the words he spat at her could make her feel like crap. It was almost as if he was blaming her for what happened.

Well technically, it was.

If Soo Jung had managed to stall for time before Mrs Kim headed into the office, perhaps Jina could have left without being found out. And if Jina left, Mrs Kim wouldn’t have gotten mad at Kai and hurled those insults at Jina. And Jina wouldn’t have left the office in tears. And finally, Kai wouldn’t have been mad at her.

It all fitted well, like a perfect picture.

Soo Jung knew that she shouldn’t put the whole blame onto herself, because she was after all, a mere human. And humans make mistakes. But she just couldn’t help but feel that tinge of guilt tugging at her heart.

She was, technically the one who caused the rift between Kai and Jina, as much as she disliked Jina, she knew that Kai was happy with her. She knew that the arranged marriage had caused a whole problem for the couple, and if it weren’t for her being so used to her luxurious lifestyle, it could probably have been prevented.

Those were stupid reasons, but they all seemed to make sense to her now.

Soo Jung sighed another time and gulped down her third cup of drink, plopping her head onto the table.

Life .

“KWON SOO JUNG!” A loud demanding voice boomed through the club, earning a few curious stares from people. A dashing male stepped into the club, and squeals were instantly heard.

Soo Jung snapped her head towards the source of the commotion and her eyes widened.

“Myungsoo oppa?!” The said man stepped closer to her and glared at her ferociously, almost reminding her of Kai. Almost.

“What the heck are you doing here? Aren’t you supposed to be in Japan for work?” Soo Jung questioned, furrowing her brows. Myungsoo narrowed his eyes at her, eyeing her from head to toe. “And what are you doing here? How many cups have you drank?”

Soo Jung just rolled her eyes and grumbled. “You haven’t answered my question.”

“I came back this afternoon. I was going to give you a call tonight to ask you out for dinner, but apparently someone was busy drinking here.” He shot back.

“How did you even know I was here? What are you, a stalker?” Soo Jung scoffed, reaching out for her cup. Realising that it was already empty, she groaned and pushed the cup away.

“Sungyeol,” Myungsoo answered. Sungyeol was Myungsoo’s closest guy friend and he was also the owner of this club, making Soo Jung a VIP.

Should’ve known. Damn that monkey Sungyeol with long limbs.

“Stop cursing Sungyeol in your head and tell me what’s wrong. Did that Kai do something to you again?” Myungsoo asked-no demanded.

Soo Jung looked up to Myungsoo’s piercing stare and sighed. It was going to be a long talk.

Kai groaned and buried his head into his pillow. Jina had ignored all his calls and messages, he had even travelled to her house, only to find it empty.

Everything’s messed up.

He was going to have a hard time comforting Jina, appeasing his mother, and Soo Jung… Kai groaned a second time as he thought about Soo Jung. He remembered his last words to her, telling her to get out. He really didn’t mean it. It was just a moment of fit and anger that caused him to be such a jerk. He had pushed the blame to Soo Jung, despite the fact that she was innocent. He never really blamed her for the arranged marriage, because he knew that she was a kind person, that she was willing to sacrifice herself for the sake of others.

Kai thought back to the time where he was caught by the paparazzi with Jina. Soo Jung never blamed him. She never threw tantrums. She was even there to comfort him when he was broken. And yet, when something happens, he always blames her.

Damn, I’ve been such a jerk.

So with that, Kai decided that for this matter, he was going to apologise to Soo Jung first. She was going to be his priority for now, not Jina. Because he knew that she deserved it, more than anyone else.

“And yea, so he just snapped at me and told me to get out and that’s it.” Soo Jung finally heaved a sigh of relief when she ended her long talk.

It was a difficult story to tell, because that Kim Myungsoo just couldn’t keep his mouth shut and had to always cut her sentences with his occasional ‘what?’ or ‘that bastard!’.

And it was an absolute pain in the .

Soo Jung had to relate the incident in a light-hearted tone, to show that she wasn’t actually hurt because of it. She really couldn’t guarantee Kai’s safety if she had burst into tears and sobbed on Myungsoo’s shoulder.

But either way, Myungsoo was fuming.

He had already disliked Kai from the start, because he felt that Kai was so

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter