His Sudden Disappearance

Makeup
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She looked at the gloomy sky that was enshrouded with dark clouds while aimlessly walking in the busy shopping street on a Friday evening. Even though Chaerin says that it was alright whenever her friends asked her if she was coping well post-breakup, a part of her still knows that Jiyong had claimed a part of her that she could never recover it back. There was a lot of meandering but she finally been able to break up with him. From far, she saw a guy sporting the same hairstyle as him, as if running on instinct, she called out his name.

 

'Jiyong'

 

As if the guy heard her calling, she saw him turn around and held another girl in his arms. The shock registered on her face was evident, watching the guy enveloped the girl in his arms and walked away with each other, but was washed with relief when she realized that this guy she saw, it wasn't him. Was it the time they spent together? Was it the fun memories that they both shared? Or was it a piece of her heart taken secretly without her consent? She wasn't sure, and she didn't want to admit it. She misses him so damn much.

She couldn't sleep that night. And the night after it. And the night after it.

 

-----------------------------------------------------

 

Lunch was normal with Dara leading the conversation as usual, talking about work, about how Bommie refuses to share her food, about the latest drama she had been catching, about men she met, about her latest purchase of Clio cosmetics. They have been sitting here since half an hour ago and Dara had almost finished her pasta. On the contrary, CL's steak looks like it was untouched, as if she just brought it to the table. She also noticed that CL wasn't paying attention at her conversations, and she kept looking around as if she was looking for someone.

 

"Who are you looking for?"

"Eh? No one in particular..." Surprised that she got caught, she quickly adjusted herself and forked a piece of meat in .

"You are lying CL-roo~ I can tell when you are you know!" Dara sighed, disappointed that her favorite dongsaeng decided to lie to her than to confide her with her troubles. She wanted to be that dependable unnie that Chaerin can rely on instead of always trying to be strong on her own.

"I'm... I'm just looking for GD... We are supposed to be doing this particular project together..."

"..........."

"Well you see... I haven't been seeing him around in the office lately. I'm curious why he doesn't come to work anymore..." Chaerin cooked up this excuse, hoping that Dara would buy it.

"This is a large company, and there are days where we will be dispatched out of office for field work... It shouldn't be a surprise to you if you don't see him around? Come on, it's been almost a week! Gimme a break, I understand that you can't help but to feel depressed about it, but when are you going to forget about it? I don't understand but you should have recovered by now."

"I know... But..."

"You have to forget, Chaerin-ah~"

 

How do you forget someone when the person is always on your mind? Chaerin knows that she has to pick herself up soon because her depressed state has been affecting people around her. All the late nights at Bommie's place, the constant worry on cheerful Dara's face, and her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter