Chapter 7 : Sung Hee

They Fell In Love

Sung He watched around her surroundings. How the air suddenly changed concerned her. She looked at Soo Joo who was looking at the stranger in the middle of her dining room with sparkly eyes. She watched how the man looked back first to her with smile, then his eyes shifted and his gaze became some kind of dislike to anything he was seeing. She followed his gaze which landed to no other than his new and rater cute neighbor, Kim Woo Bin who looked back with the same dislike in his eyes.

“Joong Ki Oppa,” Soo Joo called one more time.

Ah, it clicked. This man must be Soo Joo’s one and only love, Mister Song Joong Ki. The one she could not stop talking about since they met in middle school. Soo Joo liked him, a lot. And he looked at Woo Bin with dislike which mean he dislike Woo Bin who was being a little too close with Soo Joo . And Woo Bin himself looked back at the Joong Ki with the same dislike which meant he also like Soo Joo.

Huh? That… was weird. Woo Bin liking Soo Joo. Sure Soo Joo was pretty and smart, and kind… she loved her friends…. But Woo Bin liking Soo Joo sounded ridiculous to her. It was not sounding right to her.

“Sung Hee-yah,” she felt a tap on her back. She looked back to find Jong Suk looking at he with concern.

“What?”

“You don’t look okay. And can you do something about the situation? It’s a little hard to breath around here,” the corner of his mouth formed a scowl.

Sung Hee shook her head and cleared as Soo Joo went to Joong Ki and hugged the older male. She could felt Woo Bin stiffened beside her.

“I’m going upstairs with Soo Joo, Jong Suk and Woo Bin to do some research for a paper. So…,” she went closer to Joong Ki and Soo Joo. She bended herself as a greeting, Joong Ki bent his head back a little. She reached for Soo Joo’s backpack and pulled her away from Joong Ki’s embrace. “Sorry Joong Ki-ssi. But we will need her because among us her brain is the brightest,” she smiled a little and started to pull Soo Joo to her room.

Woo Bin chuckled but covered his mouth as Sung Hee saw him.

“Kim Sung Hee, wait. You know I’m not feeling good today. Can’t I stay with Joong Ki Oppa instead?” Soo Joo stopped her steps and Sung Hee stopped with her.

“We need you,” Sung Hee answered sternly.

“But…,” Soo Joo looked back to Joong Ki.

“I’ll be here. I’ll wait,” Joong Ki answered and that second Soo Joo’s face brightened.

“Let’s finish the paper now. Let’s go,” now it was Soo Joo who dragged Sung Hee to her room.

Woo Bin threw a look again to Joong Ki before he followed Jong Suk’s steps upstairs. Sung Hee bit her tongue to prevent her from saying anything. She just let Soo Joo dragged her to her room.

They started working. Well it was not really a team work. It was more like Soo Joo worked as fast as she could while Woo Bin tried to help. Sung Hee was just flipping the history book pages without looking as her eyes were on Soo Joo and Woo Bin. After she paid attention to how Woo bin acted around her best friend, it was clear that the boy wanted to get close to the girl but the girl’s head was too occupied with her lover that she ignored his attempts.

“Sung Hee-yah?” Jong Suk called from her bed, where the boy got himself comfortable.

“Hmm?” she answered without looking back to Jong Suk.

“You look off. Are you okay?” He asked again for the second time that day.

Sung Hee turned her head to look at the boy. Jong Suk was a nice friend. He always care for her and treated he nicely even though sometime he joked with no end. She smiled to him. “I’m fine Jong Suk. Come here and let’s finish the paper. We have to take a part of it or it won’t be a teamwork project. And stop shriveling my bed.”

Jong Suk grinned and hopped out the bed. “The last sentence sounded like Sung Hee,” he said before he went to the small table where the other three sat around.

“How’s the progress, Soo Joo?” Sung hee asked as Jong Suk sat nicely beside her.

“I’m almost finished. I just need a few pictures for this and a conclusion,” she scratched her unitchy head.

Sung Hee sighed. Soo Joo was in hurry. She would start scratching her hair if she’s giddy. And she would do everything in a messy way when it started. That much she knew.

“I’ll do the conclusion, Jong Suk and Woo Bin can search for pictures,” she took her laptop from Soo Joo’s hand before she can ruin the essay.

“Where the hell I can find King Sejong’s picture?” Jong Suk protested.

“Go to Gwanghwamun and take some!” Sung Hee hissed back.

Soo Joo grinned and hugged Sung Hee. “Thank you. I owe you,” she took he stuffs and poured them in her bag.

“Where are you going?” Woo Bin asked anxiously.

Soo Joo smiled to him nicely for the first time. “I have someone I want to meet for the entire day. So…,” she stood up . “Bye Sung Hee, Jong Suk, Woo Bin-ssi!” and she skipped out the room, leaving the three sighed.

Woo Bin stared at the door Soo Joo just gone at. He sighed and messed his hair. Sung Hee just looked at him and shook her head before reaching for a book that Soo Joo just left behind. She started reading the essay, and it was good despite being finished in a hurry. She nodded and started to write a conclusion for the essay while Jong Suk muttered beside her about how it would be better to go to Gwanghwamun to take an up close picture of King Sejong than to search through his phone.

Woo Bin’s concentration had been broke since Soo Joo left, now he was tapping impatiently on the small table. Jong Suk glared at his best friend and pushed his hand away from the table. Woo Bin then turned his head to Sung Hee who was typing on her laptop.

“Sung Hee, do you know who the man from earlier was?” He asked.

Without lifting her head because she didn’t care… really she didn’t care. Though she pissed about how jealous Woo Bin’s voice when he asked about Soo Joo, she answered him. “That was Song Joong Ki-ssi. Soo Joo’s first and only love. She liked him since she was five years old.”

“What was he doing here?” Woo Bin asked again, more demanding.

“Apparently he’s my Oppa’s friend too. It seemed like he invited his friends over today,” she answered again without lifting her head from the screen though she was not really typing anything, she just didn’t want to see her new neighbor’s face.

“What the hell that first love story mean?!” He asked again.

Finally Sung Hee turned her gaze from the screen to the boy in front of her. She was pissed off. She didn’t know what happened to her but she didn’t like him kept asking her questions that made her feeling bad each time the question was thrown at her.

“That, Kim Woo Bin, meant that you have no chance! So forget it!”

Woo Bin’s jaw tightened. He looked shock. He then closed his eyes and reached for his backpack and stormed out of the room. Jong Suk looked confused. He then gripped Sung Hee’s shoulder before reaching for his backpack and run after Woo Bin.

Sung He hit her table after the two boys disappeared. “Dammit!” she covered her face with her palm and took a deep breath. “What is happening to me?”