Chapter 6 : Joong Ki

They Fell In Love

Joong Ki closed his car’s door and put on his shades. He walked across the parking lot, smiling politely to some girls who were calling his name or waving to him. He walked toward the campus building to a spot where his friends were usually gathered before classes starting.

As usual, wherever they are, the popular kids always find each other and befriended each other. There at the spot, a few benches under the blooming tree, two flower boys sat and joked to each other. Joong Ki grinned as he saw a bunch of girls giggled and tried to catch their attention, but the two flower boys was too busy goofing with each other to notice.

“Joong Ki-yah!” One of them raise his hand and Joong Ki chuckled.

“Yo,” he gave him a high five and high fived the other boy too.

“You’re late,” The second boy said lazily.

“That’s the first time, Kim Myung Soo. I tried not to break your record,” he sat across them and Ho Won, the other boy, laughed.

“Ha-ha, funny,” Myung Soo rolled his eyes.

Ho Won tapped his shoulder sympathetically. “I heard what happened with Eun Bi, I’m sorry.”

Joong Ki shrugged. “It happened. It’s not my fault she chose that bulky guy over me.”

“Probably that means you ought to start working out,” Myung Soo grinned.

Joong Ki rolled his eyes and threw a twig that fell near him to the other boy. They had started laughing again.

***

“Nice watch,” Myung Soo held Joong Ki’s arm as he peered at the brand on the watch. “Dude, this is expensive.”

“Yeah? It’s a birthday present,” he took his arm back from Myung Soo’s grip and looked at the watch with a smile. He liked the watch, and it reminded him of Soo Joo’s words. Keep moving forward.

“Was it from Eun Bi?” Ho Won asked peering behind them.

“Nah. It’s from Soo Joo,” he chuckled.

“Soo Joo?” Myung Soo raised his brow. “Sung Hee’s friend, Park Soo Joo?”

“You know her?” Now it was Joong Ki’s brow’s turn to rise up.

“She’s my sister’s friend. She came around often enough. I mean she lives near us,” the lazy boy shrugged.

“Where do you live?” Joong Ki got interested. As Myung Soo told him where his house was it was clear that his Park Soo Joo was the same Park Soo Joo with the one that Myung Soo was talking about.

“My house is just behind his house,” Ho Won said matter of factly.

Joong Ki thought about it for a few moments. He suddenly wanted to see what kind of life was Soo Joo live in beside the one she had told him. Beside what he knew. He just knew that Soo Joo was an only child with overly busy parents, that sometimes she got lonely and that was why she seek for him. He never thought of the live she has and what happened to her days. He never had the chance to know. No, it was like did not really put attention to the little girl since she was always there even if he didn’t seek for her. Now he was curious.

“Can I come to your house later?” He asked Myung Soo who was yawning beside him.

“Sure can,” he quickly covered his mouth when the professor came.

Joong Ki pulled out his notebook as the professor stood in front of class. A girl who seemed to be late briskly walked and plopped herself beside Myung Soo. Joong Ki turned his attention back to the professor.

Joong KI noticed that Myung Soo became stiff and his eyes was focused on the lecture in front of him instead of dozing like usual. He shrugged and started to take note of that day’s class.

***

“Did you see that girl that sits next to me earlier?” Myung Soo asked as they settled on his house’s dinner table.

They finally visited Myung Soo’s house after the classes finished that day. The first time Joong Ki stepped out his car he could see that Myung Soo’s house was simple yet warm. He looked around the neighborhood. The houses looked alike but each house had different feel into it. Maybe it was because of the different color of the house or different type of garden each house had. He liked it.

As he stepped into the house they were greeted by Myung Soo’s mother. She was a lovely lady, in Joong Ki’s opinion. She was kind of naggy, like his own mother and warm at the same time. When she saw Joong Ki and Ho Won walked through the door she immediately became chirpy and tell them how good looking they were and how her son picked great friends.

He looked around the house to see pictures of the family being hung all around the wall. There was a chubby girl standing with Myung Soo and their arms were around each other. They were kind of look alike, so Joong Ki decide the girl must be Kim Sung Hee, Myung Soo’s sister. There were more pictures of all four of the family, more Myung Soo and Sung Hee. Some of Ho Won and Myung Soo. And there was one of Sung Hee and Soo Joo, both posing with V sign.

He smiled when he saw the pictures. There was a piece of Soo Joo even in his friend’s house.

“What’s with the girl?” Ho Won asked back after he heard Myung Soo’s earlier question.

“Wasn’t she pretty?” He asked enthusiastically.

Joong Ki rolled his eyes and went to the table and sat next to Ho Won. “You and your pretty girls. You could just ask for her number if you’re interested.”

Myung Soo scoffed. “I don’t ask for girls’ number. They gave it to me voluntarily.”

“Then did this girl give you her number voluntarily?” Ho Won asked, raising one of his brows.

“Well, no. Not yet, but she will,” he grinned to them.

Joong Ki and Ho Won looked at each other and both pretended to puke.

There was sound of front door opened and a voices of a bunch of people come in, laughing to each other.

“I just need to sleep. I swear, Lee Jong Suk. Stop bugging me,” Joong Ki recognized the voice as Soo Joo’s. She sounded tired and pissed off.

“Hey! It’s not my fault that we’re in one team for this project and four of us have to do research now,” A voice of a boy he did not recognize came to his ear.

“Jong Suk, just don’t bother Soo Joo again, will you?” Another voice of a boy was heard. “Soo Joo, are you okay?” And Joong Ki didn’t like the way he talked to Soo Joo.

“Soo Joo, you can rest in my room,” A girl’s voice offered.

“I guess so. I will… Oppa,” Soo Joo appeared in front of Joong Ki along with two really tall boys behind her and Sung Hee. “Joong Ki Oppa,” her tired face suddenly became bright.

Joong Ki noticed that the one boy beside her noticed the way her face changed when she saw Joong Ki and his face went darker. He threw a look to Joong Ki and suddenly he knew what happened.

He seemed to have a competitor in a competition he hadn’t even consider yet.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Hi, I'm sorry if the boys chapters are bad. I couldn't really get into their head.

I don't take complaints about Kim Woo Bin dating and please change the charcters etc etc... no. You pick this, you take what you got (it's for you BabyJae_) .

Lt's just see how this would end.