Chapter 4 : Woo Bin

They Fell In Love

Hi! Uh... I'm sorry I haven't updated in a long time. I was busy hehehe.... I hope this one's okay.

PS: I changed the POV to the 3rd person because I found it quite hand to get in 4 people's head with 4 different personalities all at the same time. I hope it's okay. Thank you.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Woo Bin went back to his new room after a not-so-wow dinner after the day they moved in. The dinner was an average jjajangmyeon they got delivered from a close by shop near the new house.

He liked his new house. It was close to school, close to his best friend house Jong Suk, who was moving from Daegu two years ago, and the neighbors were helpful. At least the neighbor in front of his house was. They were really nice people, though the girl, his new neighbor, was not the kind of girl he would fall head over heel for. Sure she was pretty, over average pretty. He likes her cute face the moment their mothers introduced them, but well… after a few minutes of conversations, it clears that the girl has no interest in him whatsoever, and she’s a tomboy. Which is kind of a turn off. But Kim Sung Hee was a really nice girl, despite her tomboyness. They had already become a good friend at the end of the day.

Of his window he can see right onto her window, he saw her desk, where books were messily spread around, but no sign of her. Nowhere close. It was not like he care anyway, he rarely even date. It was just it’s the first time he met a girl who just want to be a friend with him, not seducing him like vixen. The relationship with those kinds of girls never ended well. It was quite nice having a girl as a friend. It was like he has a sister. He liked it.

The front door’s bell rung downstairs. Woo Bin, who was cleaning up his messy room ignored it. It was probably another neighbor or Sung Hee’s mom, he thought. He continued arranging his book based on the author in alphabetical order.

“After Charles Dickens…,” he was looking for another book when his room’s door opened wide, revealing the freakish face of his best friend.

He shook his head, and back to arranging his book.

“What?” Jong Suk widened his eyes. “No, ‘hey Bro? Long time no see. I missed you so damn much.’ And hugs? I’m looking down on you, really loooow.”

Woo Bin raise his hand to Jong Suk and monotonically said, “Hey Bro? Long time no see. I missed you so damn much. Hugs.”

“Tch,” Jong Suk scoffed but went to his friend and they both hugged each other like a couple of Telletubies dolls. Of Laa Laa and Po to be exact.

“Dude, great to see you,” Woo Bin punched Jong Suk’s side.

“You too, man,” the other boy punched him back. After a few moments of acknowledging each other Jong Suk looked around the messy room, “Nice room here. And…,” he peeked out to the door. “You got Kim Sung Hee to look up when you have nothing to do. He said smiled sideways.

“You know Kim Sung Hee?” Woo Bin asked confusedly.

“Yeah… she the noisiest classmate you will ever have,” he informed him. “No, that came out wrong. She’s loud. Really loud. But not noisy.” He nodded and pulled out his phone.

“Loud but not noisy?” Woo Bin tilted his head. “Whatever.”

Jong Suk grinned and pressed his phone’s screen and dialed a number. “Hey Kim Sung! Guess what?” he said to the phone after a few moments. “Look outside your window.” He grinned to Woo Bin again and then opened the window sill. “No, Juliet… I’m not going to throw anything at you if you just look out.... Okay, I’m sorry… I thought there was no one there at that time….,” Jong Suk pulled the phone away from his ear as Woo Bin heard Sung Hee yelled, not only over the phone but also across the street. “I’m sorry. That was at class. Do you think I’ll throw my shoes at you again now? At 9.00pm? Just look out. Geez!”

Sung Hee’s face appeared on her window and Jong Suk waved his hand at her.

“Heeey! I’m your new neighbor,” he said with a grin on his face. Woo Bin scoffed and looked through his window.

Sung Hee said something to her phone but Woo Bin couldn’t hear her and Jong Suk laughed. “Nah, I won’t peek on you for anything.” She said something again, Jong Suk looked at Woo Bin. “Huh? Okay… here.” He gave him his phone.

Woo Bin took it hesitantly and put it close to his ear. “Hello?”

“He’s not seriously moving in with you, right? I’m so going to move out if it’s true,” he heard her grumbling on the other line.

He chuckled. “No, of course not. I wouldn’t be able to sleep if he kept ranting nonsense to my ear every night,” he answered back.

“Wow, that’s reassuring,” she laughed.

“What does she say?” Jong Suk asked from the window sill.

Woo Bin ignored Jong Suk and spoke to Sung Hee again, “what’s with the shoes and windows?” He asked as he wondered why Sung Hee refused to look through her window earlier when Jong Suk asked her to.

Sung He laughed before answering, “Lee Jong Suk threw his shoes over our class window once and it landed on my head, both of them, twice,” and Woo Bin laughed along with Sung Hee on the other line while Jong Suk rolled his eyes behind him.

“It wasn’t like I did it on purpose,” the skinny boy muttered.

“I didn’t talk to him for a week and he had been begging for forgiveness ever since,” Sung Hee continued as he could see she was wiping her tears from laughing too much.

Woo Bin chuckled and he eyed Jong Suk and shook his head. “I didn’t think that he’s the type of person who will beg for forgiveness from a girl.”

“Of course not,” Jong Suk scoffed.

“Yeah, not when he kept trying to copy your homework,” Woo Bin chuckled and got up from his position between the scattered book. He picked up a Sherlock Holmes book and walked to the window sill, where Jong Suk sat looking to Sung Hee who was also sitting on her window sill holding her phone.

He hit the book lightly to Jong Suk’s head and the other boy groaned while caressing the spot Woo Bin had hit him on. “What was that for?”

“For kept copying someone’s homework instead doing it yourself. I thought that ended when you stopped copying mine and moved here,” he chuckled and waved to Sung Hee. “I’ve done some revenge for you.”

Sung Hee laughed but then she raised her hand, “Thanks.”

Just then Woo Bin noticed a girl riding a bicycle stopped right in front of his house, no, not his house, Sung Hee’s house. The girl was wearing a white dress and flat shoes with her long hair reaching her waist, not like Sung Hee’s wavy shoulder length hair, her hair was straight and black. It was quite dark outside except for street light and Woo Bin couldn’t really see the girls face but he was somehow stunned by how the girl looked from a far and how she walked so gracefully to Sung Hee’s door.

“…Bin? Woo Bin? Kim Woo Bin?!” Sung Hee’s voice snapped him out of his thought. “Is something wrong?”

“Uh… no, no,” he shook his head, “There’s just… there’s a girl in front of your house,” he told her as now the girl was pressing the door’s bell.

“Ah, that could be Soo Joo. Okay, I have to cut out the call. I’ll see you at school tomorrow, bye,” she cut off the call, but before she went out the room her head popped out the window as she yelled. “See you tomorrow, Lee Jong!” and dashed off the room.

Jong Suk raised his hand and chuckled. “You understand what I meant by her being loud now, don’t you?”

Woo Bin ignored Jong Suk’s question. “Who is that?” he asked, nodded toward the girl.

Jong Suk tilted his head to a closer look and raised his brows. “Ah, that’s Park Soo Joo. Sung Hee’s bestie,” he told him the relationship between two girls. “They are inseparable. Like us… darling,” Jong Suk hugged Woo Bin’s big built body and the latter one shrugged his best friend off.

“Park Soo Joo…,” he smiled to himself as he watched Soo Joo entered the house when Sung Hee opened the door widely for her. “I’ll see you tomorrow.”