Chapter 3 : Sung Hee

They Fell In Love

 

What?

What is that noise? Early in the morning?

I raised my head to see my alarm clock ringing. I tapped on it before throwing a pillow and knocked it down. It was Saturday morning for God sakes. Who want to wake up at seven am at days like this? Saturday and Sunday are the work of a genius.

I went back to sleep only to be woken up five minutes later (or that how it felt like) by the crazy ringtones of my phone. I was about to throw it to the wall when I remembered that it was my phone. No one will buy me a new one if I kept unconsciously throwing it to the wall.

I took the phone and put it on my ear under the blanket without looking at the caller id. “Hello?”

“Wake up, you lazy girl!” I heard a snarky voice from the phone. Who in the world…, “Omma told you to come down and eat breakfast!”

“Oppa!!!” I yelled back to the phone.

“Myung Soo! I told you to go up and fetch your sister, why are you calling her instead?!” I heard my Mother’s voice over the phone.

“It’s simpler this way,” I heard him answered. “Come dooown,” he said to the phone again.

“Okay, okay! I’m coming down! Gee!” I snarled before turn the call off and went out from under the blanket and moved with staggering steps toward the bathroom to brush my teeth and went downstairs to the kitchen where my Father, my Mother and my Brother sat around the table, eating their breakfast.

“What?” Myung Soo Oppa asked when I stared at him with annoyed look.

“What’s wrong with using your feet to go upstairs and knock on my room?” I asked.

He bit his toast. “Because, I can use my phone,” he gave me his trademark smirk.

I twitched. This guy… seriously. “You lazy a…”

“Shush! Sung Hee…,” My Father glared at me. I bit my own toast with a huff.

This guy who is (I want to say we’re not, but we are) blood related to me is the laziest person on earth. I wonder if my Mother dropped him on the head or fed him  strange things when he was little but it obviously made him the laziest person I’ve ever met!

“I wonder how you pick on your girlfriends,” I grumbled.

He raised one of his eyebrows and shrugged. “I don’t, they come to me by themselves.”

My jaw dropped. “Seriously?”

He nodded. “I don’t go around begging girls to be my girlfriend, little sister… they come begging me,” he smirked. I saw my Mother rolled her eyes and my Father chuckled.

“You’ll have a taste of karma later, big bro. Trust me on this,” I warned him.

He sneered, “I can’t wait…,” he said sarcastically.

You’ll just wait and see, Kim Myung Soo. It’ll eat you alive, your karma. Humph!

I just shrugged before continuing my breakfast. My father finished his breakfast and went to take his fishing equipment. “You’re going fishing? Again?” I asked him.

“Yes. Want to come along?” He asked with a beam. Also looking at Myung Soo Oppa with a hopeful glance. His obsession on fish clearly didn’t pass on us. Oppa hated going on boat, motion sickness. And I...

“You know I hate waiting, Appa… there’s no point watching water while doing nothing,” I grumbled.

My Father scoffed. “Yes, yes… but you eat the fish I brought each and everytime,” he said while walking toward the front door. My Mother just grinned as she helped him bringing his lunch box.

“That’s because I love you!” I yelled so he could hear it.

I heard him chuckled. “I love you too. I’ll bring a lot of fish,” he said before he closed the front door.

“Smooth,” Oppa said before he got up and ruffled my hair and then went out the back door to our neighbor’s as well as his friend’s house, Lee Ho Won. Those two has been friends forever, and I have no intention to join their usual crazy game.

While munching my food my phone buzzed. I took it and read the message. It was Soo Joo.

‘I’m broken hearted’

What? Did that Joong Ki guy finally push her away? I’m going to knock the guy down.

‘What? Why? Did you finally confess?’

A reply came in a few seconds.

‘No… he broke up with his girlfriend. And seeing his sad face made me sad too ㅠ____ㅠ’

I rolled my eyes before typing. ‘Again? Shouldn’t you just give up already? You’re obsessed!’

I got an angry reply. ‘It is NOT an obsession, Kim Sung Hee!!!’

I know, I know… Gee. ‘It’s true looove.’ Heol…

‘It is… and you’re not suppose to mock me ;___;’

I heard sound of a huge vehicle stopped in front of our house while I typed. ‘I’m not mocking. Sorry… I just meant that you should stop playing around and confess already.’

‘I think he already know… what’s the point of confessing?’ she replied again.

Well… I’m also inexperienced in this field. But I read books so… here’s an answer friend. ‘The point is on you TELLING him.’

‘No.’ A short answer which made me wanted to knock that pretty little head of you, Park Soo Joo.

“Sung Hee!!! There’s a new neighbor on the house across the street. I think we should help,” I heard my Mother’s voice from the living room.

I raised my head to see over the window. She was right. The huge vehicle from earlier was a truck which usually people use to move their stuff. And world, aren’t that a lot of stuff… that must be a hard work bringing all those stuffs into the house.

“Okaaaay,” I told my Mom before texting Soo Joo back. ‘Fine… whatever you like, darling. I have some stuff to do. I’ll text you again later.’

‘Alrightly.’

I went to my Mother who was waiting on the front door. “Where’s Myung Soo?” she asked and checking the kitchen.

“Ho Won Oppa’s house,” I told her.

“That lazy boy. He always knew when to runaway.” My Mother scoffed before walking toward the new neighbor’s house.

Nope. Myung Soo Oppa was just lucky. Like, really lucky. Bad things always happen when he already moved in the way. He didn’t even know what he just dodged.

I went to follow my Mother. She already introduced herself to the new house’s owner and now they were laughing like ahjummas you can see on dramas. “And this is my daughter, Sung Hee.” She said as she pulled me along.

“Oh, she’s really pretty. Oh, and… where’s my son? Woo Bin? Woo Bin?” she called out, and a tall boy appeared from behind the truck.

“Yes, Omma?’ He said as he approached us. He was tall! Like REALLY TALL! If he stood side by side with Myung Soo Oppa, my Oppa would be looking like a dwarf next to him. And I already looked like dwarf next to Myung Soo Oppa. This dude… is a threat.

“This is my son, Kim Woo Bin.” She said, holding her son’s hand. “Woo Bin, these are our new neighbor, Mrs. Kim and her daughter Sung Hee. They’re really nice and they want to help us moving our stuff in.

“Nice meeting you,” Woo Bin shook our hands and I nodded.

“Nice meeting you too. So, is there anything I can do?” I asked without wasting time. The faster I finished this the faster I can go back to my bed and continue my sleep.

He nodded. “Come this way,” he took me to the truck and I saw that there’s a loooot of thing I can do to help. Ugh, so long, sleep.

“Please bring that box, and follow me,” he said as he pointed to a box and he himself took a box with Books written on it. Heol, he must be strong if he could bring a huge box filled with books. I watched as he took the box in his and his muscles starting to appear from under his t-shirt. Gosh, muscles… I need to start working out. There’s no way I’m looking like a girl who sleeps like a cow while my neighbor is basically a Hercules… work out. Need to. Okay, now lift the box, Kim Sung Hee.

Oh, heaven between the skies…. WHAT THE HELL DID THEY PUT INSIDE THE BOX?!!! BARBELS?!

I followed Woo Bin with staggering steps as he walked toward his house in ease. My guess is that box is not heavy at all while this box full of books. That, or it was me who were too weak? I shouldn’t skip my swimming lessons. We climbed the stairs and he went inside a room and put his box next to a bed which still covered in a plastic. I put down the box I was holding and huffed. That was really heavy!

“Is this your room?” I asked after looking around. The room was still messy but it have boyish atmosphere somehow.

He looked up from the box he was opening and nodded. “Yes. It’s my room.”

I nodded and paced toward the balcony. “Are you still in school? Or have you graduated?”

“Still I school. Second year. I’m moving to Paran High School starting tomorrow.”

What? Paran High School? “But that’s my school!”